First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Would love it if someone could get run my VIN. I have been having battery issues (system going into deep sleep mode and have to use a battery charger now), and also I don't believe software updates are getting successfully installed.
VIN is 1FTFW1E87NKD14897

Thanks!
OTA history does show some failed updates recently. Most of the updates expired due to the truck not being driven. The last one failed a few times due to low battery stats before it failed due to a server issue. Did you just buy this truck or was it sitting for a while?

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1714698847218-tv
Sponsored

IanJames

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat
OTA history does show some failed updates recently. Most of the updates expired due to the truck not being driven. The last one failed a few times due to low battery stats before it failed due to a server issue. Did you just buy this truck or was it sitting for a while?

1714698847218-tv.png
Yes I purchased this vehicle used in January. It had been sitting for over 4 months not driven. I see some updates successful but now my battery is giving me huge issues. I took it to a dealership and they say I have 14 modules that need updating and they need the truck for 2 FULL days to complete and that should fix my battery issue (I am seriously doubting that). So now not sure what to do as i really cant go 2 days without my truck, an no offer of a loaner.
Thanks, I really appreciate the info you've provided.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Yes I purchased this vehicle used in January. It had been sitting for over 4 months not driven. I see some updates successful but now my battery is giving me huge issues. I took it to a dealership and they say I have 14 modules that need updating and they need the truck for 2 FULL days to complete and that should fix my battery issue (I am seriously doubting that). So now not sure what to do as i really cant go 2 days without my truck, an no offer of a loaner.
Thanks, I really appreciate the info you've provided.
Well, the updates you're missing will take hours to install. Most dealers don't do that for people, so consider yourself lucky that their willing to do it.

g.mccormick

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat supercrew
Occupation
Engineering
Ok I am curious too.

1FTFW1E81NFB79876

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Ok I am curious too.

1FTFW1E81NFB79876
Last OTA you got was 6.1.0 about a week ago, so you aren't terribly behind. Modules with pending updates are below:

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1714746287850-wx

Your help would be very much appreciated!
1FTEX1EP5MFB82990
No OTA history. Seems like your truck was updated with FDRS last October an no updates have come in since then. Pending module updates are below:

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1714746431898-et

g.mccormick

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat supercrew
Occupation
Engineering
Last OTA you got was 6.1.0 about a week ago, so you aren't terribly behind. Modules with pending updates are below:
Do those modules get updated OTA or is this something that I have to request be done at the dealer?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Ok I am curious too.

1FTFW1E81NFB79876
They will get updated by OTA eventually. Dealer will not do them since Ford does not pay them to perform module updates unless there is a recall or a problem that the update will fix.

krbuts34

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT

1714746287850-wx.png

No OTA history. Seems like your truck was updated with FDRS last October an no updates have come in since then. Pending module updates are below:

1714746431898-et.png
Thank you!

Sponsored

BellaDonna

First Name
RDavid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 5.0 Std Cab Short Bed Antimatter
Occupation
Retired Cyber Security Engineer
The last update that I got was 5/10/2022. The dealership replaced the APIM last week. Two days later I got OTA Priority Update 22-PU0727-VI-FXA but have not gotten any more. I would expect there are many needed. Would someone please check it out for me?
VIN: 1FTMF1E51MKD79546

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
The last update that I got was 5/10/2022. The dealership replaced the APIM last week. Two days later I got OTA Priority Update 22-PU0727-VI-FXA but have not gotten any more. I would expect there are many needed. Would someone please check it out for me?
VIN: 1FTMF1E51MKD79546
You're on Sync 21233 and you got an OTA, so they seem to have done the APIM swap correctly. The fact that you got an update is indicative that your problem was resolved. It will be a while before the OTA process catches you up. You are many updates behind and there is no way to speed up or predict when the next update will be sent to you.

BellaDonna

First Name
RDavid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 5.0 Std Cab Short Bed Antimatter
Occupation
Retired Cyber Security Engineer
You're on Sync 21233 and you got an OTA, so they seem to have done the APIM swap correctly. The fact that you got an update is indicative that your problem was resolved. It will be a while before the OTA process catches you up. You are many updates behind and there is no way to speed up or predict when the next update will be sent to you.
Thanks much!

IDKwhereiam

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat Powerboost - Avalanche Grey
Hey guys, my first post on the forum so go easy

Bought a 2023 Lariat Powerboost 2 weeks ago that was briefly used as a dealer loaner and had 3,800 miles at purchase. Sold as new.

Pretty much every time I have driven the truck since purchase, the chimes come from the dash cluster versus the speakers. Door lock sensor on the outside of the handle works sporadically.

Thought to myself - Okay, I guess the truck sat for a while on the lot and maybe the 12v battery is toast/not fully charged.

Went and bought a new AGM battery, fully charged it, installed in truck and reset BMS. Gremlins remain.

Wondering if because the truck sat for so long that it stopped updating, and now the computer is unhappy or something. Idk, I feel a bit crazy hyperfocusing on this because it’s relatively insignificant, but when it’s a new truck that costs a great sum of money, I kinda just want the chimes to come through the speakers as intended yanno…

Anywho, here is my VIN: 1FTFW1ED9PFC04622

Any insight or thoughts are greatly appreciated. TIA

laxmike32

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Raptor
Can you check on OTAs for me, 1FTFW1RGXMFC58995, I’d love to get up to the latest sync version, but I don’t see any more updates available in fdrs. I’m currently at version 23159.
Sponsored

Last edited: