Sponsored

Rear Battery and "deep sleep"

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A FX4 Sport Powerboost
Anyone replace the battery under the back seat with something other than FOMOCO?

The BHAGM-AUX1-B it calls for is unavailable everywhere and backordered through the dealer.

This is what seems to be causing the "deep sleep" and "power off to save battery" on display.

I already my battery under the hood in September with a NAPA and have had no problems with deep sleep until yesterday.
Sponsored

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
If you get one with the same rating, terminal arrangement, and probably a gel cell since it lies on its side, I don't see any reason you couldn't just use that. If I get it right, you are saying there is not a catalog listing for this battery for the F-150. Correct?

OP
OP
22SportPowerBoost
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you get one with the same rating, terminal arrangement, and probably a gel cell since it lies on its side, I don't see any reason you couldn't just use that. If I get it right, you are saying there is not a catalog listing for this battery for the F-150. Correct?
No I found it in the parts lookup but you literally cannot order it. My dad is having the same ddeep sleep issue and the dealer has a battery on order, but it is on backorder.

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Anyone replace the battery under the back seat with something other than FOMOCO?

The BHAGM-AUX1-B it calls for is unavailable everywhere and backordered through the dealer.

This is what seems to be causing the "deep sleep" and "power off to save battery" on display.

I already my battery under the hood in September with a NAPA and have had no problems with deep sleep until yesterday.
Sorry you're dealing with this like many...Makes me wonder - if they're backordered, is it a supply chain hangover or because too many of us are having to replace the battery due to the terrific software algorithms in charge of Fords battery management paradigm?

May I ask how you're coming up with this conclusion those batteries are the root cause of the error message "power off to save battery" ? Is it just a process of elimination because you replaced the "main" battery under the hood?

Does anyone know, when I put a meter on the battery under the hood, is it "seeing" all three of my 12v batteries? or just the one I'm testing? TIA

OP
OP
22SportPowerBoost
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry you're dealing with this like many...Makes me wonder - if they're backordered, is it a supply chain hangover or because too many of us are having to replace the battery due to the terrific software algorithms in charge of Fords battery management paradigm?

May I ask how you're coming up with this conclusion? Is it just a process of elimination because you replaced the "main" battery under the hood?

Does anyone know, when I put a meter on the battery under the hood, is it "seeing" all three of my 12v batteries? or just the one I'm testing? TIA
My dad had his truck in to the dealer and they tested the rear battery and said it is bad. He is having the same issue as me but has not replaced his main battery. So 2 roads to the same conclusion it seems.

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Your meter is seeing the 12V main AGM battery under the hood and the 12V AGM auxiliary battery under the rear seat with the engine start/stop button in stop(not illuminated).

hamrhed1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2023 PB Lariat
I had the same low volt warnings and it turned out to be a faulty Battery Monitor Sensor. It sits on the terminal post on front battery... Once replaced it works fine, no low voltage warnings so far.
I'm not a tech but just my experience, hope it helps

Handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
I think @HammaMan was doing some experimentation with that battery and has been using an alternative. He could probably provide some good insight.

OP
OP
22SportPowerBoost
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Handle

Threads
Reaction score