Sponsored

Deep sleep mode, dead battery, system off to save battery???

gooby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
What a bizarre morning, I'm kind of panicked right now.

Woke up to get into my truck and it was dead and in 'deep sleep' mode. I also noticed a shattered 1.5 liter glass bottle I had put in my center console cup holder the day before. Somehow it broke and leaked the contents out. I have no idea how. I saw some water in the cup holders and cleaned it out. A tiny bit on the floor. I have vinyl floors so it is easy to spot any water. Did this somehow short my trucks battery or is this a strange coincidence? Is that even possible? The geniuses at ford put a hole below the rubber insert in the center console cup holder, and if some water then leaked in through there and caused a short, that is just infuriating.

I don't know enough about vehicles to know if this is even a possibility. I opened the center console as best as I could and it looked basically dry inside but for maybe one drop of water. There is some sort of wire running under the cup holder, a very tiny one, which also looked dry, but who knows if water went in there overnight.

I immediately jumped the truck without issue. I drove it around just fine but as soon as I remove the key it says "System off to Save Battery. It used to stay on for awhile. Now it instantly turns everything off as if the battery is malfunctioning. At one point I felt as if my windows weren't going down immediately, but a few seconds later they worked fine. Now I am worried I fkd up my cars interior electrical with this water bottle exploding.

What do I do now?
Sponsored

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
First thing is to get that battery charged. Could have been low and received an update, sucking the battery dry. It it’s the stock battery, it could be bad. It happens. Charge it up and see what happens

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I had to replace the battery of my 2022 F-150 after only a couple months of ownership. Suspect that there was a bad batch of batteries at the Ford plant.

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
I’ve been getting deep sleep lose alert on FordPass if my F150 PB was not driven in two days. Is this normal? I read it takes a week of inactivity for it goes into deep sleep mode, why I’m getting it more frequently? Mine only has 2000 miles on the odometer.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
What a bizarre morning, I'm kind of panicked right now.

Woke up to get into my truck and it was dead and in 'deep sleep' mode. I also noticed a shattered 1.5 liter glass bottle I had put in my center console cup holder the day before. Somehow it broke and leaked the contents out. I have no idea how. I saw some water in the cup holders and cleaned it out. A tiny bit on the floor. I have vinyl floors so it is easy to spot any water. Did this somehow short my trucks battery or is this a strange coincidence? Is that even possible? The geniuses at ford put a hole below the rubber insert in the center console cup holder, and if some water then leaked in through there and caused a short, that is just infuriating.

I don't know enough about vehicles to know if this is even a possibility. I opened the center console as best as I could and it looked basically dry inside but for maybe one drop of water. There is some sort of wire running under the cup holder, a very tiny one, which also looked dry, but who knows if water went in there overnight.

I immediately jumped the truck without issue. I drove it around just fine but as soon as I remove the key it says "System off to Save Battery. It used to stay on for awhile. Now it instantly turns everything off as if the battery is malfunctioning. At one point I felt as if my windows weren't going down immediately, but a few seconds later they worked fine. Now I am worried I fkd up my cars interior electrical with this water bottle exploding.

What do I do now?
Good morning. Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info, and I’ll look into this dead battery concern for you. Thanks!

Sponsored

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
Don't bother with responding to Ford. Its a do nothing Bot.

Vehicles, especially new ones that sit in lots and then aren't driven can easily go into deep sleep mode. There are an awful lot of systems on these trucks that stay alive draining the battery watt by watt including the software downloads.

My own truck got lucky as it was factory fresh when picked up, and within three weeks covered 2500miles. Its not used daily, but is used frequently and on longer trips that we take.

Deep sleep is a protective state designed to ensure you can still start the truck. If yours wont start then there is something wrong with the battery. Also remember to reset the BSM

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
Same issue happened on mine and got it replaced from Ford. They told me it was a bad batch . No issues after that

Hemmy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Raptor
I just went to leave for lunch and my battery was dead today. Because of the dead battery, every warning came on. I also didn't have any control of my active suspension modes or steering wheel modes after I got my truck jump started. Nothing was left on. I doubt this was due to an attempted OTA update since my truck has never received an OTA update since I got it in 2021. This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time was probably 2-3 months ago. Last time I took it to the Ford dealer they checked my battery and fault codes and could not find anything wrong. They said the battery was good. Don't really want to call or take it to the dealer again because they have not been very helpful with periodic issues. Sucks because I have multiple periodic issues that nobody can resolve.

OP
OP

gooby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
I just went to leave for lunch and my battery was dead today. Because of the dead battery, every warning came on. I also didn't have any control of my active suspension modes or steering wheel modes after I got my truck jump started. Nothing was left on. I doubt this was due to an attempted OTA update since my truck has never received an OTA update since I got it in 2021. This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time was probably 2-3 months ago. Last time I took it to the Ford dealer they checked my battery and fault codes and could not find anything wrong. They said the battery was good. Don't really want to call or take it to the dealer again because they have not been very helpful with periodic issues. Sucks because I have multiple periodic issues that nobody can resolve.
This is exactly what happened to me. And it happened about 6 months ago. I assume I left a light on the first time. Sounds like a widespread problem.

labjr1

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 PB Platinum
Occupation
IT
I’ve been getting deep sleep lose alert on FordPass if my F150 PB was not driven in two days. Is this normal? I read it takes a week of inactivity for it goes into deep sleep mode, why I’m getting it more frequently? Mine only has 2000 miles on the odometer.
I am at 2500 and am getting them after just a day on a 2023 Platinum. Sad that Ford cannot seem to resolve this.

Sponsored

DZaius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Just wanted to chime in here and add that I started having the same 'deep sleep mode' issue with my 22 XLT around October 2023. Remote start via Fordpass stopped working completely, and I always got the system off message on the sync screen after shutting off the truck.

Upon some digging around and finding this thread decided to drop in to the Quick Lane at my dealer. They tested it and said it was a bad battery due to a manufacturing defect, swapped it out though warranty. Resolved all issues.

UPTHECREEK

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Just had mine replaced as well. Come to find out mine had a 720 cca ( in a loaded Platinum) and should of had a 800cca. No more problems
Sponsored