First Name
DenisF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Club Cab 3.5 EB Lariat Max Tow
Occupation
MasterMachinist
I've read alot of threads about Deep Sleep Mode activation, ex. too often, for no reason, right away etc. But haven't seen anything on failing to activate.

In my case it never came on when the battery got low killing the battery down to 5.8 volts after 2 months of storage with no charger on it.
Dealer can't explain why it didn't come on to save my battery.

Here's the kicker, last winter, the truck was stored for 5 months and I got the Deep Sleep Mode activated notice on the FordPass app. When I pulled the truck out of storage in spring, it started right up with no issues. On normal occasion deep sleep would come on. The truck is mainly used for towing my camper, and we have electric bikes when camping so the truck sits alot, even at home, although not as much.
Any input greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
I've always wondered if we could proactively "deep sleep" it as well. Seems like a smart idea if you go backpacking or know you're gonna be gone from home for 3 week trip, etc.

OP
OP

Toomuchtech

First Name
DenisF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Club Cab 3.5 EB Lariat Max Tow
Occupation
MasterMachinist
I've always wondered if we could proactively "deep sleep" it as well. Seems like a smart idea if you go backpacking or know you're gonna be gone from home for 3 week trip, etc.
Yes it would, just wish Ford would give us that option with OTA, after all it, there is a lot of other settings options.
I read that quite a few are installing Bluetooth Battery Monitors and/or installing non Motorcraft and bigger 100ah AGM batteries.
Dealer told me the newer (after fall of 23) batteries are better. They Replaced mine a couple weeks ago. But I'm still installing a BMS for a peace of mind. Nothing worse than not being able to start, especially in an emergency. And that so far no one is able to tell me why Deep Sleep Mode failed to come on.
Sponsored