ProPower Ground Fault

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Protecting the VAST amount of electronics and harnesses on these amazing trucks is a good thing. Especially if you plan on post-warranty ownership.
Sponsored

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
Not sure that you understand the problem. The test is supposed to do exactly what it did for you. By National Electric Code, it has to physically trip the power off. Just like the GFCI recepticals in your bathroom and kitchen at home (anywhere water can be touched or stepped in). they are also typically located in basements and garages. Some homes have the GFCI protection built into the circuit breaker instead of at the recepticals.

The problem some of us are having is that it goes into trip when we do not push the test button. It happens in the rain for some and the car wash for others. Once it trips, it cannot be reset until the fault clears (presumably when the water dries out of where ever it is getting in). In my case it typically took the rest of the day and overnight to clear. Every time I would start the truck, I would get the alarm again in the truck, on my phone, and in my Apple Watch. Adding salt to the wound of the system faulting from a car wash.
I'm a bit embarrassed I just did the same thing. I didn't realize it was testing the system to make sure it faulted, lol

OP
OP

dh4234

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PB
Occupation
IT Consultant
I jinxed myself. The error came back. I was down in Myrtle Beach, it was a humid drizzley day, and my system kept throwing the ground fault error. @Ford Motor Company your software update did not resolve the issue.

glockcopbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Project Manager
This post is a follow up in case anyone is still interested or searches it in the future.

I have not had the problem re-occur since they did some kind of software update. I assume everyone else has been cured since no new post have been added in 30+ days.

Not sure what they did.

OP
OP

dh4234

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PB
Occupation
IT Consultant
I’ve had a couple of reoccurrences, but it isn’t as often as before. I’m kinda stuck now because it doesn’t happen often enough for the dealer to diagnose it, and @Ford Motor Company doesn’t seem to care.

Sponsored

glockcopbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
I drove straight to the dealer the last time it happened. It was still in GF and they couldn’t find the problem.

hisa1111

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502B AntiMatter Blue
Hi All, New Member here, just took delivery of a 2022 Lariat with 2k and right on the lot when I took delivery I was getting the Ground Fault error (and not from testing) the system will just not work. So far the dealer replaced the unit under my driver side rear seat and that didnt work. They have ordered another part that is on Back Order. I am up to date on software. AND I have checked the connections under the hood and under the rear driver side quarter panel. All looks ok. Has anyone who had this problem actually get fixed?

glockcopbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
The problem was apparently solved with a secret software update. I say secret as they didn’t list it in any update but the problem went away.

i would be more concerned with your problem being something else as our main fault was only when we got wet.

The tailgate opening on its own problem is solved by doing some work on the power system. I do not know what is involved but it takes 2-3 days to repair the tailgate issue.

OlBlueFordDude

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Retired Navy
I just picked up my new truck a few days ago, from the moment I picked up the truck I get the following messages (see pics). Should I take it back to the stealership? I have 52 miles on a $70,000 truck and I can't even use the function I bought it for. The circuit breaker tab has not popped out for me to push in and reset.
Ford F-150 ProPower Ground Fault Fault 2
Ford F-150 ProPower Ground Fault FAULT 1

glockcopbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Yes!

The GF could be a result of them washing the truck for delivery but the problem goes away the next day.

If you have a constant problem, take it back to the dealer!

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Not long after I got my truck in Feb 22, I hooked my trailer up to it to test the system. The very 1st time I did, I got a ground fault. I shut every thing down and reset any and all breakers. Haven't had a problem since (knock on wood).

Mutthunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Create a profile just to chime in that I'm having the same trouble with my 2022 XLT. Bought it in May on a rainy day and never had any trouble with it all summer. Now it started snowing here in Minnesota and I'm having trouble.

Set to go back to the dealer late December. Driving down to Arizona in January and I'm worried that my wife won't be able to work on the way due to the plug-ins not working. Very frustrating for an a truck this expensive.

For what it's worth, this is my third F-150 and it's the first non-wear and tear trouble I've had.
We'll see if it works better down in the desert of Arizona.

If the dealer has any thing noteworthy I'll try to remember to come back and share.

hisa1111

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502B AntiMatter Blue
Mine not fixed yet either and nothing with weather, has not worked since the day I took delivery. Same Ground Fault message every time I get in the truck. The dealer has the entire under back seat unit on backorder to replace that. I ran through every other item I could on my own checking connections under the tailgate and in the engine compartment. Frustrating has hell because there is no way I am gonna lemon law it. I am going to reach out to other dealers to see if anyone resolved this.

Doughecka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT 302a PowerBoost SuperCrew
I had this issue occur this week... Drove through rain a few days ago and it continually popped up, never successfully resetting, and it occured again today driving through slush (probably salty slush), although it cleared after a few miles.

I've driven through rain before without issue.

I wonder if it has something to do with the salt they use to treat the roads for ice... That would increase conductivity.

DrDavidG

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Plat
Yes!

The GF could be a result of them washing the truck for delivery but the problem goes away the next day.

If you have a constant problem, take it back to the dealer!

I just took delivery of a 2022 F 150 Plat. I'm getting the Ground Fault error on my phone . Reading this forum is not making me feel very comfortable. I guess I'll call the dealership tomorrow. I'm sure its prob the wear and tear I've put on it for the day I've had it
Sponsored