Pedestrian Sounder Fault

ddsag09

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum Powerboost
Brought my new truck home 24 hours ago and this afternoon it threw this error. I tried to clear the DTC's with ForSCAN but it shows a lack of communication with the Pedestrian Alert Control module. The speaker under the hood is plugged in. Any ideas on how to fix other than taking it back to the dealer? They're 40 miles away and I don't want to give up my new baby ha.

Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Fault IMG_2695
Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Brought my new truck home 24 hours ago and this afternoon it threw this error. I tried to clear the DTC's with ForSCAN but it shows a lack of communication with the Pedestrian Alert Control module. The speaker under the hood is plugged in. Any ideas on how to fix other than taking it back to the dealer? They're 40 miles away and I don't want to give up my new baby ha.

IMG_2695.jpg
Oh man. Sorry to hear that. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes and see if that clears it? Maybe check and see if there is any dirt/debris in the rear sensors.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I'd be thrilled... Can't stand that thing. Just need to get rid of the message now haha

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
OK… what in the world is a “Pedestrian Sounder”? Is it like one of those backing up alarms? Or is it something like a loudspeaker playing engine noises for the powerboost?

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
OK… what in the world is a “Pedestrian Sounder”? Is it like one of those backing up alarms?
It makes this weird "groaning" sound meant to imitate some engine noises so visually impaired (And others) know there's a running car nearby. It's a safety thing quickly becoming a requirement around the world for EVs and hybrids than now drive without any real noise warning people they're running.

And yes, the PowerBoost does make a god awful backup alarm type sound that is straight up embarrassing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ddsag09

ddsag09

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum Powerboost
Pulled the battery while I was installing Roush intake. Didn’t fix it. ?

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Is the speaker working, or is it silent?

Just because the connection appears plugged in, doesn't mean that it is fully seated.

Many have also had issues with really crimped wires.

If it were me, I would unplug the connector and plug it back in, check to see if it works and if it doesn't, then I would unplug the connector again and hotwire the alarm speaker. If the speaker didn't make any sound, then I would call the parts department and check availability and take it from there. If the speaker did sound, then I wouldn't investigate much further and make an appointment with the dealer's service department.

Good luck!

OP
OP
ddsag09

ddsag09

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum Powerboost
Took it to the dealership today. The diagnosed it and said the module was dead. Strangely it worked for almost 24 hours after bringing the truck home before dying. No sounds now when backing up. They ordered a new one but couldn't provide an ETA.

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Took it to the dealership today. The diagnosed it and said the module was dead. Strangely it worked for almost 24 hours after bringing the truck home before dying. No sounds now when backing up. They ordered a new one but couldn't provide an ETA.
How often does the message appear or is it on the dash all the time? I want to unplug mine but dont wat the message blocking the display all the time.

OP
OP
ddsag09

ddsag09

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum Powerboost
Every time the vehicle is started
Sponsored