Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Thank you Marine and Claytonr. I set up an appointment with my dealership's service department. While speaking with the service person, he said he was not aware of this warning and had not seen it before, yet there are a lot of us on the forums with this issue. It was also puzzling to him why there was no power to the two cabin plugs. In any event, any other suggestions are definitely welcomed, and if I can't fix it before I go to my appointment, I'll give you an update afterwards. Thanks again for your help.
Sponsored

maecomotorsport

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Occupation
Race Car Fabrication
In case you didn’t see this on a prior thread:

I had a similar problem with the “Breaker A Tripped In Bed” warning on every ignition start up. No breakers were tripped. All the bed plugs had power. Neither cabin 120 volt plugs had power. The TSB at the beginning of this thread said to check the harness connection at the dash outlet. The connection was ok. But the other end of the harness located in the engine compartment by the master cylinder, Connector C3412 on Harness #14405 had never been plugged into the main harness. The harness plug protective end cap wasn’t even removed from the harness. Purely an assembly line error. I think assembly line quality control should have seen the error message and corrected the problem. Barring that, I think dealer PDI should have caught this before I picked up the truck. The dealer service manager wanted to kick the truck back to Ford. The dealer tech wanted to fix the truck. Thank goodness for this forum because the dealer technician was lost until I showed him the TSB listed at the beginning of this thread. Even though it didn’t precisely describe my truck’s problem, it was close enough that the dealer tech knew where to pin out the harness and locate the actual problem. Kudos to this forum, and the dealer tech. Not so much for the dealer PDI team, the dealer service manager and the factory QC team. But I love the truck.

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
In case you didn’t see this on a prior thread:

I had a similar problem with the “Breaker A Tripped In Bed” warning on every ignition start up. No breakers were tripped. All the bed plugs had power. Neither cabin 120 volt plugs had power. The TSB at the beginning of this thread said to check the harness connection at the dash outlet. The connection was ok. But the other end of the harness located in the engine compartment by the master cylinder, Connector C3412 on Harness #14405 had never been plugged into the main harness. The harness plug protective end cap wasn’t even removed from the harness. Purely an assembly line error. I think assembly line quality control should have seen the error message and corrected the problem. Barring that, I think dealer PDI should have caught this before I picked up the truck. The dealer service manager wanted to kick the truck back to Ford. The dealer tech wanted to fix the truck. Thank goodness for this forum because the dealer technician was lost until I showed him the TSB listed at the beginning of this thread. Even though it didn’t precisely describe my truck’s problem, it was close enough that the dealer tech knew where to pin out the harness and locate the actual problem. Kudos to this forum, and the dealer tech. Not so much for the dealer PDI team, the dealer service manager and the factory QC team. But I love the truck.
Is this something I can attach myself or do I need to take it in for the service department to fix?

Last edited:

maecomotorsport

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Occupation
Race Car Fabrication
Is this something I can attach myself or do I need to take it in for the service department to fix?
You should be able to plug the wire harness together. Find the two orange wrapped harness ends between the master cylinder and left fender, remove the cap from one harness and plug together.

Before photo

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/attachments/804c32c0-9248-40b2-83f4-37ba7852cbb4-jpeg.23243/

After photo

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/attachments/886eb810-8b9d-4799-8a03-38525246174c-jpeg.23231/

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
You should be able to plug the wire harness together. Find the two orange wrapped harness ends between the master cylinder and left fender, remove the cap from one harness and plug together.

Before photo

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/attachments/804c32c0-9248-40b2-83f4-37ba7852cbb4-jpeg.23243/

After photo

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/attachments/886eb810-8b9d-4799-8a03-38525246174c-jpeg.23231/
So I checked and the wires are already connected.... im starting to lose hope.

Sponsored

joejamesatou

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Occupation
Employed!
Same situation here. It's connected. No breakers tripped. And no dice. I connected it to the generac switch. Put it to generator power. As soon as I turn on a breaker on the generac switch the truck kicks out of generator mode with the error message.

It powers up my camper just fine! Weird.

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Update: I just received a call from my Ford service advisor and they said that ford knows about the issue and their working on an over the air update, which is supposedly coming out in September. Otherwise, they can't fix it at this point.

I'm not too happy about this. The car is less than a month old and their's already an issue they can't fix...for now. I hope this update can fix it.

Just a quick question: my power 120v outlets do not work in my cabin. Along with the circuit breaker error you all are receiving, do your outlets not work too?

maecomotorsport

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Occupation
Race Car Fabrication
That sounds exactly like the problem I had. The unplugged harness in the engine compartment fixed my problem. But there is also a TSB stating to check the connection of that harness on the other end; where the harness plugs into the dash 120v outlet inside the dash.
Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped DE458CCF-459E-4B80-90DF-7CBF8A68FFB5

Sponsored

claytonr

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Update: I just received a call from my Ford service advisor and they said that ford knows about the issue and their working on an over the air update, which is supposedly coming out in September. Otherwise, they can't fix it at this point.

I'm not too happy about this. The car is less than a month old and their's already an issue they can't fix...for now. I hope this update can fix it.

Just a quick question: my power 120v outlets do not work in my cabin. Along with the circuit breaker error you all are receiving, do your outlets not work too?
I have the exact same issue.

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Mustang GT500, 2021 F150 SC PB Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Looking for insight into an issue that I discovered today. I have PB with 7.2 pro power generator. Have not officially used since I purchased vehicle in July. Have plugged in a light and my garage vacuum to make sure it works. It does.
Today early prep for trip to my Alma Mater next Saturday and a little tailgating. Tried plugging in my electric grill. Immediately "ground fault error" pops up. I removed plug and it goes away. It is a 3 prong plug and works in house plug. Any thoughts, knowledge or sources?

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Looking for insight into an issue that I discovered today. I have PB with 7.2 pro power generator. Have not officially used since I purchased vehicle in July. Have plugged in a light and my garage vacuum to make sure it works. It does.
Today early prep for trip to my Alma Mater next Saturday and a little tailgating. Tried plugging in my electric grill. Immediately "ground fault error" pops up. I removed plug and it goes away. It is a 3 prong plug and works in house plug. Any thoughts, knowledge or sources?
How many threads do you need to copy & paste this exact same question in?

AussieSteveGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.innov8.ag
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat Crew Cab
I have the exact same issue.
I was initially told by the dealer that a OTA update would fix the issue but didn’t believe them and pushed for clarity from Dearborn. At the end of the day it was a hardware issue which required replacement of the rear outlets. Push for clarity vs wait and see…otherwise you’ll likely be disappointed.

jameslandry

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.galvinpower.org
Vehicles
ford ranger
Occupation
CEO
To understand more about the automatic reset circuit breaker, here is a short explanation of how does auto reset circuit breaker work.
Sponsored