Sponsored

Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped

grog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus RS
I've been getting this since owning the truck (2 days). On start up I see a similar message on the big center screen with an OK button to clear. All four 120V outlets in the back work without me having to do anything except turn the truck on and hit the green pro power button in the bed. So I suspect the problem may be with the 240V outlet but I don't have a way to test that one. Anyone have more knowledge of the electrical / circuit breaker configuration?

The dealer tech wasn't seeing any codes come up and since there is 0 information on this online and since I don't think this will effect me in the near future I figured I would wait a few days to see if it resolved on its own. Leaving the truck with the dealer will likely mean communication with Ford and I'm guessing 1+ week in the shop.

Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped Screenshot_20210207-091632
Sponsored

Last edited:

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
You could buy/borrow a line tester for 240V and plug it in to see if its live?

OP
OP

grog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus RS
Voltmeter on the 30 amp plug showed 120 / 120 / 240 as expected. This makes sense - I now remember that the 30 amp plug draws from the same circuit as the two 120V outlet panels. What I'm still not sure about is whether there is a manual reset for the circuit breakers, or they are being reset automatically somehow. If the former, then the circuit breaker isn't really tripping and this is some kind of software bug.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Voltmeter on the 30 amp plug showed 120 / 120 / 240 as expected. This makes sense - I now remember that the 30 amp plug draws from the same circuit as the two 120V outlet panels. What I'm still not sure about is whether there is a manual reset for the circuit breakers, or they are being reset automatically somehow. If the former, then the circuit breaker isn't really tripping and this is some kind of software bug.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

Press the button on the upper right area of the bed outlet when the circuit breaker has opened after a fault has occurred to reset the circuit breaker to the on position. There are two circuit breaker buttons that correspond to the A and B outlets.

OP
OP

grog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus RS
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False

Press the button on the upper right area of the bed outlet when the circuit breaker has opened after a fault has occurred to reset the circuit breaker to the on position. There are two circuit breaker buttons that correspond to the A and B outlets.
Thanks. Since I'm not pressing those buttons and the circuits are working, I assume the circuit breaker is not really tripping and the errors I keep seeing are a software bug or there is a faulty circuit breaker "sensor" of some kind.

Sponsored

Vallee

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 f150 ecoboost
Yesterday, when I pickup my new 2021 F150 Powerboost crew cab 6.5box 7.2kw. I got this message on the screen, still in the dealer lot. So I got a appointment on Monday, let see.

Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped 151B7952-95F7-4FDC-AC87-60521D781485

Vallee

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 f150 ecoboost
I've been getting this since owning the truck (2 days). On start up I see a similar message on the big center screen with an OK button to clear. All four 120V outlets in the back work without me having to do anything except turn the truck on and hit the green pro power button in the bed. So I suspect the problem may be with the 240V outlet but I don't have a way to test that one. Anyone have more knowledge of the electrical / circuit breaker configuration?

The dealer tech wasn't seeing any codes come up and since there is 0 information on this online and since I don't think this will effect me in the near future I figured I would wait a few days to see if it resolved on its own. Leaving the truck with the dealer will likely mean communication with Ford and I'm guessing 1+ week in the shop.

Screenshot_20210207-091632.png
Have they found the problem?

Mkniz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Self Employed
I had the exact same problem, same messages. Was in the shop 2 days. Dearborn got involved. Turns out there is another circuit breaker on the dash, just above the 110 receptacle. They pushed that, problem solved, never came back.

Vallee

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 f150 ecoboost
I had the exact same problem, same messages. Was in the shop 2 days. Dearborn got involved. Turns out there is another circuit breaker on the dash, just above the 110 receptacle. They pushed that, problem solved, never came back.
Thanks, I tried it and it worked, I will cancel my appointment Monday morning.

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Question is, what caused it to trip in the first place?

Sponsored

Mkniz

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Self Employed
No idea. It was already tripped when I test drove the truck. we pushed the breaker in the bed and message went away but next time I started the truck, and every time after it came back. So they had me bring it in and struggled for 2 days to find the problem. Then when they tried that one on the dash, it fixed it for good. Everything working as it should since then. Love the truck.

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
No idea. It was already tripped when I test drove the truck. we pushed the breaker in the bed and message went away but next time I started the truck, and every time after it came back. So they had me bring it in and struggled for 2 days to find the problem. Then when they tried that one on the dash, it fixed it for good. Everything working as it should since then. Love the truck.
Have you used the Pro Power since the reset?

OP
OP

grog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus RS
Noticed my dash breaker was tripped as well. Pushed it in and no error message on start. Pretty bad error message. I'm going to give it 24 hours before I'm satisfied that it's fixed. Thanks!

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I'm going with it was tested at some point to make sure the breaker works and was never reset.
Sponsored