Sponsored

Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped

Warclok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost limited
I had a similar problem with the “Breaker A Tripped In Bed” warning on every ignition start up. No breakers were tripped. All the bed plugs had power. Neither cabin 120 volt plugs had power. The TSB at the beginning of this thread said to check the harness connection at the dash outlet. The connection was ok. But the other end of the harness located in the engine compartment by the master cylinder, Connector C3412 on Harness #14405 had never been plugged into the main harness. The harness plug protective end cap wasn’t even removed from the harness. Purely an assembly line error. I think assembly line quality control should have seen the error message and corrected the problem. Barring that, I think dealer PDI should have caught this before I picked up the truck. The dealer service manager wanted to kick the truck back to Ford. The dealer tech wanted to fix the truck. Thank goodness for this forum because the dealer technician was lost until I showed him the TSB listed at the beginning of this thread. Even though it didn’t precisely describe my truck’s problem, it was close enough that the dealer tech knew where to pin out the harness and locate the actual problem. Kudos to this forum, and the dealer tech. Not so much for the dealer PDI team, the dealer service manager and the factory QC team. But I love the truck.
Hey Mike, can you take a quick pic of where in the engine bay this connector is located? I am having the same issue and want to check tonight as well.
Sponsored

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Hey Mike, can you take a quick pic of where in the engine bay this connector is located? I am having the same issue and want to check tonight as well.
Sure I will. Its the 120 outlet on your dash. Right above the outlet is the reset button for the breaker. I will take a pic at lunch and send.

maecomotorsport

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Occupation
Race Car Fabrication
Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped 886EB810-8B9D-4799-8A03-38525246174C

Harness plug between the master cylinder and the fender. I’ve been having an online conversation with another member and his problem was the same as mine. I wonder how many trucks have this same assembly line error. I’ll bet it’s lots.

maecomotorsport

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Occupation
Race Car Fabrication
A better photo from member EAC showing the unplugged harness. It’s the one with the orange colored wrapping.
Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped 804C32C0-9248-40B2-83F4-37BA7852CBB4

Toucan2442

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB
Occupation
Self Employed
I had the EXACT same problem as mentioned above. The paperwork when I got it back mentioned something along the lines of removing heat shield and plugging in plug into correct socket. Fixed everything. Looks like someone on the assembly line just said “F it” to that part of the job!

Sponsored

mjvolks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Hybrid
A better photo from member EAC showing the unplugged harness. It’s the one with the orange colored wrapping.
804C32C0-9248-40B2-83F4-37BA7852CBB4.jpeg
"When a hero comes along..." Months of dealing with the error - dealership at a loss despite all the information provided on the forum. I open the hood and find the same... Thanks for posting!

Warclok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost limited
WOW, thank you folks!! I went to the dealer to pickup my plates tonight, and had a 9/7/2021 appt to fix this issue. I popped the hood while waiting and look what I found, just like ya said!!

Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 9.05.35 PM

Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 9.05.40 PM

Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 9.05.23 PM

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Hello everyone,
First time truck buyer here. I am not too knowledgeable about trucks, but I've had my f150 for a week now, and I absolutely love it.

The reason I am here is because I have had the same warning since the day I bought it. I've tried everything that's been recommended (including the hardness connector, which was connected), but it has not fixed the issue. Also, I've tried to push the breaker inside the cabin and in the bed, but they are not clicking - I assume they were not tripped. Do I need to push very hard on those things?

Anyway, I also have another problem. Inside the cabin the "A" and "A*" plugs have no power - the bed plugs do have power.

I would certainly appreciate any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Hello everyone,
First time truck buyer here. I am not too knowledgeable about trucks, but I've had my f150 for a week now, and I absolutely love it.

The reason I am here is because I have had the same warning since the day I bought it. I've tried everything that's been recommended (including the hardness connector, which was connected), but it has not fixed the issue. Also, I've tried to push the breaker inside the cabin and in the bed, but they are not clicking - I assume they were not tripped. Do I need to push very hard on those things?

Anyway, I also have another problem. Inside the cabin the "A" and "A*" plugs have no power - the bed plugs do have power.

I would certainly appreciate any suggestions. Thank you in advance.
You do not need to push that hard. are you getting the tripped circuit message? The reset breaker buttons do not click. What message are you getting?

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
The message I'm receiving everytime I start the truck is - check the left circuit breaker located on the bed power outlet.

Sponsored

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
The message I'm receiving everytime I start the truck is - check the left circuit breaker located on the bed power outlet.
That is the same message I used to get. I kept going to the back and pushing the reset breakers in the bed but it would never go away. After I pushed the breaker reset in the cabin I never saw it again.
Start the truck, then hit the breaker button in the cabin. I will go take a pic now for you. When you push it hold it a second. That should fix the problem. Be back with a pic in a sec.

Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped Pic 1

Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped Pic 2

Last edited:

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
The 120v top white button is the breaker reset. Let me know how it goes.

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Hi Marine, I pushed the breaker in and held it for a bit, but nothing changed. Also, I still do not have power in that plug....but thanks for the suggestion, I will keep trying anything you recommend.

claytonr

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score