Sponsored

2.4kW Pro Power Noise?

drewsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Whenever I start my truck, there is a whirring noise coming from the back seat area. I think it’s coming from the pro power unit but not sure. It seems that the pro power unit is always turned on by default. Not generator mode. Just the standard mode. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Same. Its like a computer fan turning on and it will stay on unless you intervene and turn the inverter off.

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Nice finally seeing folks talking about this. Super annoying to be cruising down a quiet road with the sound of two computer fans roaring away in the back seat. It doesn't make sense that they fire up immediately when there is no use of the electric power being present? No current = no heat. Why are these noisy fans turning on making me turn it off?

F16mgr

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Nice finally seeing folks talking about this. Super annoying to be cruising down a quiet road with the sound of two computer fans roaring away in the back seat. It doesn't make sense that they fire up immediately when there is no use of the electric power being present? No current = no heat. Why are these noisy fans turning on making me turn it off?

Sponsored

F16mgr

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Does anyone know how to fix this. My truck just started doing this today.

sdjcherring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
My truck does the same. Only way i know to stop it is to manually turn off the Pro Power each time you start the Truck.

Macarrra

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Theres also a button with a plug on it, you can press it and it cycles through the three options (Off, Low Power and Generator) as you toggle through

Press through the options

Once you toggle to off, it takes about a minute and eventually the fan turns off

Would be great for it to be able to default to 'off' upon startup, or simply to remember what setting you left if last but judging by commentary in several forums it seems that neither is yet an option perhaps if enough people mention it Ford will build it into a software update

Sponsored

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Theres also a button with a plug on it, you can press it and it cycles through the three options (Off, Low Power and Generator) as you toggle through

Press through the options

Once you toggle to off, it takes about a minute and eventually the fan turns off

Would be great for it to be able to default to 'off' upon startup, or simply to remember what setting you left if last but judging by commentary in several forums it seems that neither is yet an option perhaps if enough people mention it Ford will build it into a software update
Where is this button you're talking about here?

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
This is it right here

20210613_191655.jpg
Very cool, I think I actually have that! Gotta go look.... Ty. That will be make that at least a little bit less oa PITA.
Sponsored