Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Question is, what caused it to trip in the first place?
This problem still persists and i am told software is to blame. My 21' platinum powerboost generator frequently trips and won't reset no matter what . Dealer finds no codes saying software to solve by Ford by april 2022 . Meanwhile im out alot of money for truck that doesnt work for main reason i bought it .the generator function . I have consulted my attorney as ford customer service refused to compensate me until after software change in future . 6 mos after i bought in good failth . Other computer errors have occurred including e brake wouldnt release and truck gave brake error and on Christmas day turned truck on and no power to steering or brakes . Key cycle several times truck didnt respond .strange though steering and shift unlocked so put in gear to go a few feet and truck computer revived . The computer systems have major errors and i am thinking of requesting they buy back this truck before 6 mos of this goes by. This is my fourth Ford in the last decade and may be my last . but i may have to bring lawsuit against Ford . I never would have bought this truck if i had any idea of this computer and generator problem
Sponsored

bossbolognese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 platinum 701a on order
Might be bumping an old thread, but I just got my 23 PB and every time I start it I get the message "Pro Power Onboard Breaker tripped
Check the circuit breaker located in the AC outlet on the insturment panel. push in to restore power to the circuit."
No power to plugs in the cabin as there's just a yellow light, but I can't reset the breaker either. The thing is stuck completely pushed in. Is this potentially a just pull the dash apart and check the plug behind it? I checked the cable in the bay and it's connected.

Marine01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
I've been getting this since owning the truck (2 days). On start up I see a similar message on the big center screen with an OK button to clear. All four 120V outlets in the back work without me having to do anything except turn the truck on and hit the green pro power button in the bed. So I suspect the problem may be with the 240V outlet but I don't have a way to test that one. Anyone have more knowledge of the electrical / circuit breaker configuration?

The dealer tech wasn't seeing any codes come up and since there is 0 information on this online and since I don't think this will effect me in the near future I figured I would wait a few days to see if it resolved on its own. Leaving the truck with the dealer will likely mean communication with Ford and I'm guessing 1+ week in the shop.

Screenshot_20210207-091632.png
i use to get this too. Push the breaker reset on the front dash. The 120v on the right under the radio. The white button under the flip cover. I never got the message again after that.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
i use to get this too. Push the breaker reset on the front dash. The 120v on the right under the radio. The white button under the flip cover. I never got the message again after that.
Mine was when wet . 15 mos of research
Replace of bed panel and connectors below panel fixed it
Sponsored