Sponsored

Pro Power comes on automatically at startup?

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
So my Pro Power is automatically on when I start the truck. It always shows <200 in red until I turn the generator on and it shows both sides in green. Anybody else have this issue? Is it supposed to automatically turn on when you start the truck? If so isn't it suppose to be green?

Ford F-150 Pro Power comes on automatically at startup? 20210309_165620

Ford F-150 Pro Power comes on automatically at startup? 20210309_171507
Sponsored

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
ProPower for the basic inverter seems to always turn on, however, in my truck it seems to remember my setting for "Generator Mode".

OP
OP
Mrtosh

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
ProPower for the basic inverter seems to always turn on, however, in my truck it seems to remember my setting for "Generator Mode".
Does yours look red when you start the truck?

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
So my Pro Power is automatically on when I start the truck. It always shows <200 in red until I turn the generator on and it shows both sides in green. Anybody else have this issue? Is it supposed to automatically turn on when you start the truck? If so isn't it suppose to be green?

20210309_165620.jpg

20210309_171507.jpg
My KR Pro Power Phase A is always on also at startup <200W and showing Red and eventually yellow and then green. I also recall at one point I read a splash screen that Pro Power was recharging the battery.
Ford F-150 Pro Power comes on automatically at startup? 20210310_183641

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mrtosh

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
My KR Pro Power Phase A is always on also at startup <200W and showing Red and eventually yellow and then green. I also recall at one point I read a splash screen that Pro Power was recharging the battery.
20210310_183641.jpg
Yours changes colors while driving? I believe mine stays red the whole time but I haven't watched it while driving.

Sponsored

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yours changes colors while driving? I believe mine stays red the whole time but I haven't watched it while driving.
Well I never really noticed it changing except when I just went out to take the above picture it was red and almost instantly went to yellow. I'm guessing it goes to green when the battery is fully charged, but I'll need to confirm that. I also think because the truck had only been sitting a few hours it went yellow from red in just a few seconds.

OP
OP
Mrtosh

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Well I never really noticed it changing except when I just went out to take the above picture it was red and almost instantly went to yellow. I'm guessing it goes to green when the battery is fully charged, but I'll need to confirm that. I also think because the truck had only been sitting a few hours it went yellow from red in just a few seconds.
You read that Pro Power charges the battery when the generator is on? Also yours goes from red to yellow to green with the generator off?

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
You read that Pro Power charges the battery when the generator is on? Also yours goes from red to yellow to green with the generator off?
20210310_183641.jpg
20210310_183641.jpg
I stand corrected. Kept an eye on my Pro Power Phase A yesterday and it didn't change color at all. The <200 is always Red and the gauge reads 0. When I looked at the picture I took above they look yellow for some reason, but it must be the camera. When I first start the truck it's on electric and will then kick the motor on to charge the battery, but the Pro Power gauge never reads over zero. I'm wondering if they pushed an update thru because I haven't seen the splash screen about Pro Power charging the battery either?

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired

20210309_165620.jpg

20210309_171507.jpg
Check the left button above the screen. I toggles thru 3 electric modes. Could that be it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mrtosh

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Check the left button above the screen. I toggles thru 3 electric modes. Could that be it?
The Pro Power button? What 3 modes does it do? I've only noticed on and off.

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The Pro Power button? What 3 modes does it do? I've only noticed on and off.
My Phase A is always on when I start my KR. It appears to go from Red to Yellow at some point, but I have not seen it go to green. Interesting enough when you look on the Ford Pass App and go into the Pro Power section it shows green, yellow and red zones?

Ford F-150 Pro Power comes on automatically at startup? Screenshot_20210326-105200_FordPass

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Still super annoying — please update the firmware!
Is there some sort of "official" channel for us to communicate our real world feedback to Ford? There has been mention in other threads about the noise. I've been patiently waiting for a groundswell of people to notice and call for a software update. I found a lariat in dealer inventory that has the 3.5L EB w/2k power in Feb and it seems odd to say the least that every time I start the car the fans in the back start whirring away when I am not, and don't intend to, use the generator at the time. At the very least it should remember that I had turned it off. Why it doesn't default to "off" is beyond me. How many of us even use it once every month or two? Unless I'm missing something fundamental, there's no power being used at that moment and no need to cool an inverter.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
This thread might be mixing 2 things:

If you have a phase A and B, you have a 7.2kW powerboost. The interior outlets ALL run on phase A. The regular 400W inverter under the 40% rear seat handles this, it's the same inverter we've had for years on these trucks, inverting from the 12V battery. So propower isn't so much "on" as it is "available". (at least, that is my interpretation of the behavior I've seen and what I've read)

If you have a 2kW propower then you do not have a hybrid you have an EB or 5.0. You have a giant inverter under the 60% rear seat in addition to the same old 400W inverter under the 40% rear seat. I don't have experience playing with one of these but I have seen complaints that it starts as "on" and is very loud, and you have to turn it off. Seems like it should default to off and is an oversight by Ford.
Sponsored