Pro Power trick?

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
I have the 7.2 generator and have used it in the past to run my chop saw at our cabin. This past weekend was nice so pulled out chop saw to cut some 2x4 for a project. Put saw on tailgate and plugged into truck. Get 2x on saw, pull the trigger- breaker kicks! WTH! I know the saw works with the genny, used it in the past multi times.

I start think about when I used it in the past- it was at cabin and I have a shipping container that I use as a shop and work inside it. I back truck up to door and run drop cord to work bench where I sit saw on. What is different now... run a drop cord?

Put drop cord between saw and genny and it works perfect. I don't understand all the whats and whys of electrical power but it seams as the drop cord buffers the draw of power from the plug to overcome the surge needed to the saw. Was able to use it all day that way.

So if you have tried to run a tool and it kept kicking the breaker, try adding a drop cord. It might work for you too
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
spitballing here
but a ground issue or arc fault that is somehow rectified with the extension cord

i have an ARC/fault breaker in my garage and on the porch . if i run my RIGID 10" miter saw on that plug, about every 3 times it trips the breaker from what i believe to be the brushes arcing or the switch, saw is over 10. but runs perfect

but if i plug it into the normal outside GFCI it works perfect

if i use my heavy cord it does not trip as often..i have no idea why expcet maybe the arc sensing gets slowed down going through a 10 ga cable ? maybe it helps