Powerboost whistle?

amatofilms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Back to 0. Dealership got Ford involved and they ran tests and acknowledge the noise. After 4 days they say this is a "normal characteristic of the truck". Ford has closed the case. They say the finance manager at the dealership has the same truck and it makes it as well.....
Sponsored

jmh686

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost, BAP, 502A
Back to 0. Dealership got Ford involved and they ran tests and acknowledge the noise. After 4 days they say this is a "normal characteristic of the truck". Ford has closed the case. They say the finance manager at the dealership has the same truck and it makes it as well.....
Still keeping fingers crossed that @Bigpb21 has luck!

Bigpb21

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Sales
No luck! After replacing the blow off valve the truck is still making the same whistle. No change at all. They are now getting the engineers in Detroit involved but it seems that hasn’t helped anyone else. Looks like it’s time to start the lemon process to have it bought back.

amatofilms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
They did the same for me. The engineers said it’s an acceptable noise and it’s normal for the truck. Complete joke.

jmh686

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost, BAP, 502A
I assume the “normal characteristic” designation is how they avoid Lemon Law accountability.

Trigger warning - spec’d out a Tundra build this afternoon. May go ahead and put the order in since it’ll be another 9-18mo wait time.

Sponsored

amatofilms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
I told the service advisor to let me know if they know anyone looking for a hybrid f-150. 🤣😂

Who are you

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost
My truck does this as well. Going up in gears and down - seems associated to the shifting of gears and the most present in Electric only. if you lightly come to a stop with all other things off it is most apparent. Mine seems to be originating from the drivers side somewhere from in front of the A Pillar to somewhere in the engine bay

@Ford Motor Company

amatofilms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
My truck does this as well. Going up in gears and down - seems associated to the shifting of gears and the most present in Electric only. if you lightly come to a stop with all other things off it is most apparent. Mine seems to be originating from the drivers side somewhere from in front of the A Pillar to somewhere in the engine bay

@Ford Motor Company
Yup, exactly it. They say that’s “normal”.

amatofilms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Here's the slip. I had told them ahead of time the ped alert system wasn't it because I had unplugged it and the problem continued.

Ford F-150 Powerboost whistle? Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 3.43.10 PM

Last edited:

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Don't you just love the "normal operation" excuse?

No luck! After replacing the blow off valve the truck is still making the same whistle. No change at all. They are now getting the engineers in Detroit involved but it seems that hasn’t helped anyone else. Looks like it’s time to start the lemon process to have it bought back.
Good luck on that since it's just a noise and does not impact operation of the truck in any way. If you are really set on getting rid of it for that then you're probably better off trading it in as used values are still very high and likely will get what you paid for it back on the trade in.

Sponsored

amatofilms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Exactly what I'm working on now. It's a-shame cause I LOVE the truck in every other way. I just cant handle the noise in a 70k truck.

delidave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lariat powerboost
I am having the same issue the whistle sounds like it’s coming from driver side near the front of the door/windshield. I am taking it into the shop for unrelated issues and they are going to look at it then. Hope they can help.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I am having the same issue the whistle sounds like it’s coming from driver side near the front of the door/windshield. I am taking it into the shop for unrelated issues and they are going to look at it then. Hope they can help.
That is likely wind noise. Mine has a similar thing happening at 60+. Chances are they will replace the weatherstripping on the driver's door.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey there, David. If you'd like to, go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and dealer info. I’ll look into this whistle noise for you. Thanks!