Transmission/ powerboost

loganlaporte

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Was 2021 F150 Powerboost now 2022 PB Platinum
I have had my powerboost since November and have a pretty troublesome 10000 miles. Finally had to throw in the towel and bring it to the dealer because I noticed the transmission pan was wet.

Dealer said 30 days to look at it and no loaners! I mean I get the wait but what the hell! You can’t limp a leaking drivetrain around. Either way my vin is 368 and I suspect it’s one of the early ones.

anyone else have a leaking transmission?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have had my powerboost since November and have a pretty troublesome 10000 miles. Finally had to throw in the towel and bring it to the dealer because I noticed the transmission pan was wet.

Dealer said 30 days to look at it and no loaners! I mean I get the wait but what the hell! You can’t limp a leaking drivetrain around. Either way my vin is 368 and I suspect it’s one of the early ones.

anyone else have a leaking transmission?
Good morning! Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your truck's transmission issues.

Paul Neubauer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Ford really needs to figure out how to take care of their existing customers better and get service loaners stocked up. I want to get some stuff fixed on my truck but they just expect you to leave it there and then figure out how to get to work for an unknown time period with no vehicle.

OP
OP
loganlaporte

loganlaporte

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford really needs to figure out how to take care of their existing customers better and get service loaners stocked up. I want to get some stuff fixed on my truck but they just expect you to leave it there and then figure out how to get to work for an unknown time period with no vehicle.
Honestly this is why I deffered some other issues I have with the truck but I dont want to sit on a drivetrain issue.

I responded to the Ford rep so hopefully I can get a realistic timeline or at least a loaner. 75k Platinum Powerboost with 10k miles and I am already ubering...

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Unfortunately, there is very little Ford corporate can do thanks to the existing dealership model. Dealerships (in general) have been run like crap for decades. There's a reason they're called stealerships and it's not a new phenomenon, though it was made much more noticable with COVID.

Sponsored

2drunk2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost XLT
Had leaking transmission at 8k. In my case, it would only start to leak after being parked for at least 48 hours. Literally at 47 hours no leaks but at 48 would start leaking. Only found due to parking my vehicle for loss of brakes. Took 3 visits before dealer found the trans pan seal was leaking. Replaced and haven't had a leak since; 3 months now.

Ford/ dealerships really do need improvement. 1st trip, they said no leak until I pointed to it with a laser pointer when picking up, had to schedule new appt. 2nd trip, they couldn't find source of leak due to being hard to see in that area, attempted to charge diagnostics fee. 3rd time finally diagnose and ordered parts. Fixed on 4th trip.

During whole ordeal, was told that if I drove it and there was damage, that they may void warranty since I drove it knowing it was leaking. No loaner service. Ford customer care via phone was no assistance. My experience with social media reps (twice, different issues) is that they will ask for info but in the end, via private messages, wont actually do anything to help. This whole ordeal took close to 3 months. Luckily, I had my trusty but beat up Ram to use; not enjoyable though. Lol.

I hope they get your rig fixed soon.

OP
OP
loganlaporte

loganlaporte

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had leaking transmission at 8k. In my case, it would only start to leak after being parked for at least 48 hours. Literally at 47 hours no leaks but at 48 would start leaking. Only found due to parking my vehicle for loss of brakes. Took 3 visits before dealer found the trans pan seal was leaking. Replaced and haven't had a leak since; 3 months now.

Ford/ dealerships really do need improvement. 1st trip, they said no leak until I pointed to it with a laser pointer when picking up, had to schedule new appt. 2nd trip, they couldn't find source of leak due to being hard to see in that area, attempted to charge diagnostics fee. 3rd time finally diagnose and ordered parts. Fixed on 4th trip.

During whole ordeal, was told that if I drove it and there was damage, that they may void warranty since I drove it knowing it was leaking. No loaner service. Ford customer care via phone was no assistance. My experience with social media reps (twice, different issues) is that they will ask for info but in the end, via private messages, wont actually do anything to help. This whole ordeal took close to 3 months. Luckily, I had my trusty but beat up Ram to use; not enjoyable though. Lol.

I hope they get your rig fixed soon.
See this is the horror story I am looking to avoid, but i doubt i'll be able to.

Funny but not funny I am going down the trade in route which is comically faster and less trouble than the service side of things. Given how over valued the used car market is, my 4 month old truck is worth what I paid so it makes sense to go down this road. I am just trying to find something similar on a lot or enroute.

In the end though it shouldn't be like this. Look if you cant accomodate the warranty work, farm it out; dont make the customers pay the price! Apple does it with their approved repair program and they notoriously keep everything close to their chest.

2drunk2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost XLT
I completely agree. I really contemplated doing a trade in as well due to market conditions- sad it is easier to due a trade in than work with the service departments. Whatever route you ultimately take, I wish you best of luck.

OP
OP
loganlaporte

loganlaporte

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 week update: Still no progress. Dealer said they were working on another issue I mentioned but the ford pass noted to movement so that's great...
My faith in the dealer service network is dwindling fast. They could be working my smaller issues but that doesnt seem to be the case.

OP
OP
loganlaporte

loganlaporte

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Week 2 update: Alot has happened actually.

Front axel half shaft being replaced.
Trans is under repair and parts ordered (I have asked for clarifcation on what all is being done).
Trailer brake issue noted and updated, also to comply with active recall.
360 cameras re-aligned.
Found TSB for reverse brake assist issue.

OP
OP
loganlaporte

loganlaporte

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Week 3 update: Great news!
Picked up my truck exactly 3 weeks after drop off. Gotta say the dealer/ ford addressed everything I sqwaked. They were able to replicate my 6 issues and take care of them.

My issue now is there sheer number of issue 10,000 miles in is worrisome. Here's hoping I can stay away from the service center for a little while.
Sponsored