Sponsored

Powerboost whistle?

jmh686

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost, BAP, 502A
Anyone figure this out yet? Just checking. I also purchased a Lightning like @amatofilms. But am keeping both trucks. Would like to get this figured out and have the dealer take care of it. I am waiting to take mine in until next summer when it's hot and they can fix my air conditioner freezing up as well.
nope. Haven’t had time to deal with Ford customer service. Completely unrelated, something got all over mine while parked at an airport garage. Spent the last couple months jumping through hoops to get it repainted. This thing has been a peach. Also, I looked into the Tundras, but the Ford has them beat hands down in all aspects other than the damn whistle. We drive 500+ miles to see in-laws on a regular or I’d be all up on the Lightning or Rivian myself.
Sponsored

amatofilms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Anyone figure this out yet? Just checking. I also purchased a Lightning like @amatofilms. But am keeping both trucks. Would like to get this figured out and have the dealer take care of it. I am waiting to take mine in until next summer when it's hot and they can fix my air conditioner freezing up as well.
I wouldn’t wait to long on the AC. People are saying that part is backordered for months. I was lucky to one of the first to get it fixed before the backlog.

jmh686

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost, BAP, 502A
I wouldn’t wait to long on the AC. People are saying that part is backordered for months. I was lucky to one of the first to get it fixed before the backlog.
That‘s a new one. Looking forward to that issue next!

Sponsored

tigertas32

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB 502A AMB, 2022 Lightning 511A SW
For the AC, my dealer said they have to replicate the issue. And also, the TSB somehow wasn't applicable to my car. We shall see next summer when we use the air in the heat again. I digress, back to the whistle issue.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
For the AC, my dealer said they have to replicate the issue. And also, the TSB somehow wasn't applicable to my car. We shall see next summer when we use the air in the heat again. I digress, back to the whistle issue.
Hi there! If you can send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information, I'd be happy to help.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
At this point is more of what isn't backordered than what is... :unsure:

jerryrenaud

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
My truck has consistently had this whistle before the trans warms up…but now after a 2500 mile round trip vacation the whistle is gone. Im even more confused now must’ve freed something up keeping the truck warm for so long at one time.
The truck is at 17k miles currently and have heard the noise since I bought it with 8k miles. So I guess my solution would be drive the truck for 12 hours straight lol

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Powerboost Platinum
Has anybody had an updated on this issue? I seem to get the same issue once the truck warms up, it is really annoying because my 2021 F150 XLT does not make this noise. I've heard it is is from the transmission, but then why doesn't my 2021 make a similar noise?
Sponsored