Sponsored

Post Your List of Repairs/Failures (Warranty, or otherwise)

Oilberta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A 5.0 Sport Max Tow 6.5
Thanks to you both.

The list looks like:

Major issues
- 10 speed auto
- Recalls like the sheared bolt
- Electrical gremlins especially with PB.
- Dead batteries
- Front differential housings breaking without abuse

Less common:
- Rob's truck with a host of issues like leaf springs
- General build quality issues like insulation falling down (BTW, I had a piece of rubber fall down on the 2022 Tundra I owned that they had to glue back on too)

Anything I'm missing?

I think of note it appears to have been going on for some time, at least two generations of trucks, my dads 2016 F150 had identical electrical issues, trailer connector/module problems, and his 2019 F350 had one bad leaf pack, bad rear differential almost immediately off the sales lot and SAME trailer connector/electrical module problems within the same time frame, on his second trailer connector harness with trailer brake controller in 100k miles. I would chalk that up to quality control/expected life cycle the part suppliers didn’t quite perfect yet, it’s supposed to fail just after the warranty runs out 😂
Sponsored

Oilberta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A 5.0 Sport Max Tow 6.5
what happened with the leaf springs? Seems hard to screw up.
Dealer advised bad manufacture of the pack.

From my compliant was rattling and clicking over bumps, going from reverse and drive rear end clunk, dealership determined leaf springs and it fixed the issue 100%. Mileage was about 5000.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
- Dead batteries
It's more of 'weak' batteries. Ford's charge logic is to get the battery to 80% state of charge. Unfortunately with all of the connected features, there's parasitic loss associated with those features. The BMS logic on the F150 sucks. Once it gets to about 70% indicated it will begin to back off on the voltage. As such even people that drive 15-20 minutes each way to work will find they're not getting enough charge in the 12v battery to satisfy the the needs of the features of the truck. Upon approach the welcome lighting won't come on, the interior lights may not light. Another issue is that the remote features go to sleep including the 'head unit' which will then boot upon starting. Not so much an issue with ICE f150s, but in ford EVs when the low batt issue is present, and most things including climate gated behind a computer screen, It's possible to be already driving on a public roadway before someone can adjust climate due to system startup.

Now recently with the EVs ford has begun to allow it to turn on the DC/DC converter and charge the 12v battery if it sees a parasitic load. Look into the mach-e for instance if the 12v batt gets drained, the process to get into it includes removing a door to power an electronic hood release motor, and once the hood is open you have to tear off 2 panels (breaking clips in the process) just to reach the jump points to provide 12v power to get into the car, as there is no key slots anywhere (has no physical key at all) and the doors are completely electrical.

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
Not much to report. 2021 platinum. If it wasn't for a weepy front pinion seal, then it would be 2 recalls. Wipers and the park brake wire harness. 27,000 miles.

Sponsored

Abraham5G

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum BAP Star White EcoBoost
Tim, if you are reading this, I have a new 2023 F-150 Platinum. My parking sensors keep giving me false readings ever since i drove off the dealershop lot. It indicates that there are obstructions in the way when there is nothing there. The constant beeping is very annoying each time I shift into reverse, that I turn off all the sensors completely. Only happens at or below 5 mph. Appears to be the outermost parking sensors on each bumper. My truck came deleted with "Active Park Assist 2.0" from the factory. I've taken it to the dealership twice for diagnosis and they do not have a fix. Service advisor said there are many others with the same issue and Ford doesn't have a fix yet. As far as I know from reading the forums, I'm the only one with the consistent issue. See photos below.

Ford F-150 Post Your List of Repairs/Failures (Warranty, or otherwise) 20240203_175049

Ford F-150 Post Your List of Repairs/Failures (Warranty, or otherwise) 20240203_175102

Ford F-150 Post Your List of Repairs/Failures (Warranty, or otherwise) 20240111_092346

Ford F-150 Post Your List of Repairs/Failures (Warranty, or otherwise) 20240110_165251

Ford F-150 Post Your List of Repairs/Failures (Warranty, or otherwise) 20240109_190212

Ford F-150 Post Your List of Repairs/Failures (Warranty, or otherwise) 20240108_123147

Ford F-150 Post Your List of Repairs/Failures (Warranty, or otherwise) 20240206_171348

Ford F-150 Post Your List of Repairs/Failures (Warranty, or otherwise) 20240206_171333

Ford F-150 Post Your List of Repairs/Failures (Warranty, or otherwise) 20240206_171320

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Have they even tried swapping sensors?
If it's always the same sensors, I'd move them around and see if the false alerts follow the sensors

Abraham5G

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum BAP Star White EcoBoost
Have they even tried swapping sensors?
If it's always the same sensors, I'd move them around and see if the false alerts follow the sensors
I asked and suggested that, and they did not attempt to replace the sensors. Service advisor said there are many others with the same issue and they can't fix it. I'm going to try a different dealership.

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
22 Lariat bought new in February of 22 (ordered from Granger in November of 21). Currently has just over 40k miles.

Day one @ around 30 miles (driving from Granger back to DFW) - rear left axle assembly was faulty and my dash lit up like a Christmas tree. The tone ring was being filled with metal shavings and caused all of the faults to include no blind spot, no traction control, headlamp system fail message, no cruise or adaptive cruise. My truck thought it was in the middle of a field instead of on the interstate. I called Chip when it happened and he wanted me to turn around. I decided everything was drivable so I slogged home with no cruise and all the other BS. I was less than happy. After the sensor was replaced about a week later, the same thing happened again. The dealership dug deeper and found that the rear axle assembly was grenading and this caused the tone ring to fill up with metal shavings. After about two months in and out of the dealership, I haven't had that problem since. (Ford did step up and paid for my rental car since the dealer didn't do loaners and Ford also gave me a Platinum warranty for free)

Rear passenger window wouldn't go back up - fixed and haven't had a problem since

Recalls - wiper motor, emergency brake harness (interim fix), and soon to be the Max Tow axle bolt shear fix

I get a few warnings about drive mode unavailable and headlamp system fault. Those go away almost immediately from appearing.

Owning this truck has been less than stellar. But, I plan on keeping it for the long haul. Dear Ford, go back to "At Ford, Quality is Job 1."

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I asked and suggested that, and they did not attempt to replace the sensors. Service advisor said there are many others with the same issue and they can't fix it. I'm going to try a different dealership.
They pop out and Unplug rather easy, once you figure out the clips the first time.
If moving a sensor to a new location, and then discovering the false alert follows the sensor..... That would prove the issue hardware, in my opinion. A batch of faulty sensors.

I'm not saying that's the facts, but I'm sceptical of the kinds of things dealerships tell a customers, rather than attempt to fix the problems immediately.

Sponsored

testerdahl

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Used to own 2021 Ford F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Automotive Journalist
Tim, if you are reading this, I have a new 2023 F-150 Platinum. My parking sensors keep giving me false readings ever since i drove off the dealershop lot. It indicates that there are obstructions in the way when there is nothing there. The constant beeping is very annoying each time I shift into reverse, that I turn off all the sensors completely. Only happens at or below 5 mph. Appears to be the outermost parking sensors on each bumper. My truck came deleted with "Active Park Assist 2.0" from the factory. I've taken it to the dealership twice for diagnosis and they do not have a fix. Service advisor said there are many others with the same issue and Ford doesn't have a fix yet. As far as I know from reading the forums, I'm the only one with the consistent issue. See photos below.

20240203_175049.jpg

20240203_175102.jpg

20240111_092346.jpg

20240110_165251.jpg

20240109_190212.jpg

20240108_123147.jpg

20240206_171348.jpg

20240206_171333.jpg

20240206_171320.jpg
I had a bad sensor on my Chevy that I sold. Dealership couldn't fix which was BS. It was just a faulty sensor. They blamed my aftermarket bumper even after I told them it was doing it from factory. IMO you have to have some bad sensors.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Just short of 2 years with my second personal Powerboost.
Has been pretty much flawless until I sheared the Max Tow axle bolt on the passenger side.

Intended to purchase the axle and replace myself, but ended up giving my dealership an opportunity NOT to disappoint.
Dropped it off last Wednesday morning. It made it on the rack before days end, to confirm the broken bolt. (they can't take the customer's word) They ordered the axle.
Order got kicked back by Ford because the 8 page recall spells out that dealerships can NOT currently order axles for inventory or used trucks, therefore pictures of the customers axle must accompany each parts order.
My dealership didn't read the documentation close enough, but ammended the order Thursday morning.
But they DID perform the 3 other recalls on my truck that I had already confirmed were not affecting my truck.
Axle arrived Friday and the truck was repaired, although they didn't notify me that my truck was ready until late this afternoon. Meaning my truck spent 3 additional days at the dealership after it was repaired. 🤔

So my dealership did a much better job than some of the horror stories chronicled on this forum.

The only snafu is that the porter backed a customer's Platinum F150 into my personal car when I stopped in Thursday to get a progress report.

I'll be leaving it with the dealership tomorrow when I pick up my truck.

The Powerboost catches a lot of grief on the forums. But I think the majority of them are owned by satisfied folks. I still find mine an amazing vehicle.
Having your car damaged must be frustrating and finding out your truck was fixed on Friday and not being told. Your apprehension of dealerships is following you. Sorry to hear about your car.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Having your car damaged must be frustrating and finding out your truck was fixed on Friday and not being told. Your apprehension of dealerships is following you. Sorry to hear about your car.
If I sounded frustrated, then I did a poor job of conveying the mood. In fact, it's with great relief that the truck is repaired and back in my possession without anything more than a bashed in fender on the little "beater" EV. 😅

No dealership shenanigans
No service writer smoke & mirrors
No evidence of incompetence

I'm actually impressed!
So many have had far less good fortune.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
If I sounded frustrated, then I did a poor job of conveying the mood. In fact, it's with great relief that the truck is repaired and back in my possession without anything more than a bashed in fender on the little "beater" EV. 😅

No dealership shenanigans
No service writer smoke & mirrors
No evidence of incompetence

I'm actually impressed!
So many have had far less good fortune.
Hope you were knocking on the barn while hitting post!

Not a surprise the dealer attacked your EV. They're a thorn in their profit model.
Sponsored