List your 2021 F-150 issues

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
After taking delivery I noticed my passenger side doors are slightly out of alignment. Anyone else experience this and did you resolve or have the dealer resolve?

Truck door alignment.jpg
i noticed in the inspection i did that my doors were about 1/4" off, had to have mine adjusted at the dealership before i took delivery. Took them less than an hour
Sponsored

Gunny423

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Your CarPlay isn’t you, unfortunately. Today, I couldn’t even get my phone to connect, wired or wireless. So I guess at that point it really isn’t an issue? Lol.
The engine idling issues are on the V6 Powerboost models. I’m assuming by your deactivation description you’re driving a 5.0.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Headrest speaker on passenger side stopped working

passenger mirror not saving its memory setting. I have to manually adjust the mirror each start up.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
1. Truck came two quarts low of transmission fluid from KC factory, noticed it at 7.5K miles.
I have to ask how you knew it was low if there's no transmission dipstick?

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
Front passenger window is acting very funny. Won't auto close or open. Hits the top and then resets down 3".

Sponsored

swill

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A , 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
US Army Retired
I have a 2021 XLT 302A that I bought in December of 21 that now has 9000 miles on. So far

1. back seats don't line up together. one is lower then the other. Dealership says they are all like that. I fixed it myself. It took 5 min and cost me about $5.

2. Ive had the doors adjusted twice and the wind noise in the cab is driving me crazy when I go over 50mph. Some days its good and most days its not. Ive read that people think its the regular mirrors

3. Rust underneath

4. the hesitation going up hill in the higher gears

5. vibration in the gas pedal.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a 2021 XLT 302A that I bought in December of 21 that now has 9000 miles on. So far

1. back seats don't line up together. one is lower then the other. Dealership says they are all like that. I fixed it myself. It took 5 min and cost me about $5.

2. Ive had the doors adjusted twice and the wind noise in the cab is driving me crazy when I go over 50mph. Some days its good and most days its not. Ive read that people think its the regular mirrors

3. Rust underneath

4. the hesitation going up hill in the higher gears

5. vibration in the gas pedal.
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Why do you pick and chose what items you look into and ask for VINs for?
Agreed! Also why not come back and actually document how you were able to help. I have seen this canned response on many posts and never yet seen someone say wow thanks that really helped and here's how. Just food for thought on how Ford could really up its customer service game.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
2021 KR Powerboost bought 10 March 2021. Zero problems except for some rust on rear differential which I corrected myself. Very happy so far.

Sponsored

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
2021 Platinum bought July , 6th. Problem free, some rust underneath, but nothing to worry about. I guess I must be one of the lucky ones not to have any problems.

toyko joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost FX4
Front passenger window is acting very funny. Won't auto close or open. Hits the top and then resets down 3".
Stopped by the dealership yesterday because the window was still acting up. Sitting there showing the service writer what was happening, the window did not act in the same manor, but did malfunction. We were able to get it to operate once again auto up and down, so that is good, but will be tested again once the truck is in for its next warranty issues with some insulation failures.

SRHAGEN

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XL SPRCAB Sport 4x4 V8 3.73 36 gl tank.
Occupation
DOD USAF test track ARMY RETIRED PMEL/TMDE
2021 F150 Lariat 502a 5.0 v8

gas gauge inaccurate. With a full tank it tells me I have a 300 mile DTE despite having a 18 avg mpg and a 36 gal tank. It shows roughly double the fuel expended; when I filled when it showed it was at three-quarters tank, it only took four gallons.

cruise control doesn’t work. Regular cruise control does nothing when I try to turn it on, adaptive cruise control chimes three times and it gives me an error saying it is unavailable. Lane assist functions do not turn on at all.

I’ve got an appointment at the dealership close to my place in OR to get it checked out next month, hoping the problems can be remedied before I have to drive back to WA in March.
similar Weird gas tank level issue. Anybody have insight.
I have just come off a 3000 mile trip with my 22 XLT 5.0 36 gallon tank. The fuel gage is not correct or the tank is not 36 gallons. I havnt been brave enough to try and run it past 0 miles available. Mine has been consistently acting like a 30 gallon tank. I run it down and fill it takes between 25 26 gallons under 100 miles left to drive. I’m getting between 18.6 mpg and 22.3 mpg at hwy speeds. Mileage computer is right for gallons consumed but. Says I’m empty with what should be 10 gallons left I did drive it down to 15 miles once and it took just under 30 gal to fill it.
obviouse question is do I have a 30 gal float or a 30 gallon tank? I did see a 30 gallon tank available on one model. In the order guide.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
I'm on my 27th Ford /Lincoln vehicle with this 2021 F150 Platinum, and it's been the most undependable of them all. My first problem was on day 2 of ownership and just accelerated into more issues, of which only 3 been fixed (for now). This truck appears to be possessed with periodic error messages and lately the shifter not wanting to come out of park on occasion. I understand not everybody is unhappy with their F150 and wish i was in that group, but I'm not and can't recommend F150's at this time. If 2022's were any better, I'd have ordered one month ago. I was even thinking of a SuperDuty, even with a Diesel if need be, just to get dependability in my garage, but i have zero confidence at this time in Ford products. Just real tired of paying a lot of money and having to many problems. I feel like Fords very own Guinea Pig. Might be time to look at imports, which i never though I'd do..

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Every problem I've had with my new (10,000 miles) F150 with the exception of the 1st one... have fixed themselves before I could get it into the Dealership.
Sponsored