Sponsored

Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible)

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
so I have to ask is there some kind of benefit to getting this vs. just disabling the sounder thru forscan?
The only problem with forscan is that the computer will show that you unplugged the PACM, and that means the dealer will be able to see it as well, and Ford will be able to see it. With the bypass kit, the truck will still think the speaker is plugged in, therefore no codes. Its also a lot faster to throw in the bypass kit vs forscan, and like Kodiak said, forscan isnt for everyone. I love forscan and have used it a ton, but the bypass takes seconds to install if you know what you're doing.
Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Why are you trying to avoid forscan?
Cost, but more importantly, there just is not a need for a lot of the things that can be done with it. With that said maybe once I have the truck I will see more things that I would like to try, but right now I would rather skip the $600 layout and keep it as vanilla as possible. I plan to do a lot of exterior modifications, but nothing that would require me to fiddle with the internal electronics of the truck. If I start having issues with the truck I do not some dealer telling me that since I altered the programming, I might be screwed, and out of warranty.

Paranoid? Possibly but safe at least for now.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Cost, but more importantly, there just is not a need for a lot of the things that can be done with it. With that said maybe once I have the truck I will see more things that I would like to try, but right now I would rather skip the $600 layout and keep it as vanilla as possible. I plan to do a lot of exterior modifications, but nothing that would require me to fiddle with the internal electronics of the truck. If I start having issues with the truck I do not some dealer telling me that since I altered the programming, I might be screwed, and out of warranty.

Paranoid? Possibly but safe at least for now.
I can understand that. But I think you might be confusing forscan with FDRS. Forscan is free. It’s an open source program. The only cost is a one time buy of a OBD2 device which can be had for well under $100. I just wanted to clarify that so that others don’t get confused. Just to go a step further if a person did want to use FDRS which is the dealer level software. The software is free to download. The license for it is $50 for 48 hours. So kinda spendy but can be worth it for some. Then you need a OBD tool for that. Again a one time cost. I got one from Amazon and it was about $100 or so.

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
I used forscan to take mine away last night. I didn't think it was as aggravating until I actually got the truck. And the other sound it makes for drive is hideous as well, I thought it was over heating or something at first :LOL:
$59 invested and I got to change a lot of other stuff too of course

Sponsored

2drunk2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost XLT
Pretty happy with this product, rc version. Ordered sat, received Thurs (fast processing and shipping), and installed (easy) today. Works great and I like the option of turning it on and off on the fly. Like the option of sound on when doing kids stuff at the elementary school, hate the sound most everywhere else; especially at camp sites.

Thought about the forscan option but starting at 7k miles, I have had so many issues with my truck that I don't want to give the dealer any excuse to deny warranty work, or to have that additional fight. I even bought a unit to make some changes right before my issues began so it is still unused over a year, 14k miles later.

nolimitf150

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT Powerboost
@WillB17 I'm a current full bypass user and I have to say I love the product. Quality design for sure! I'm thinking about upgrading to the RC version but I'm wondering if you've thought about designing an On/Off toggle switch we can mount on the dash somewhere?

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@WillB17 I'm a current full bypass user and I have to say I love the product. Quality design for sure! I'm thinking about upgrading to the RC version but I'm wondering if you've thought about designing an On/Off toggle switch we can mount on the dash somewhere?
Thank you sir! So we have not though about doing an on/off toggle since it would require wires to be routed into the cab (which is a huge pain) so what you could do is find a place to mount the remote switch. Maybe I can craft up a dash mount that Holds the remote control.

Last edited:

nolimitf150

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you sir! Sowe have not though about doing an on/off toggle since it would require wires to be routed into the cab (which is a huge pain) so what you could do is find a place to mount the remote switch. Maybe I can craft up a dash mount that Holds the remote control.
I think I hear the 3D printer firing up. Or I guess we could always do two sided tape. Not sure what the contour is like on the back of the remote. What about another two button (on and off) remote option that is more slim and rectangular that is designed to be mounted on the dash?

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think I hear the 3D printer firing up. Or I guess we could always do two sided tape. Not sure what the contour is like on the back of the remote. What about another two button (on and off) remote option that is more slim and rectangular that is designed to be mounted on the dash?
The current remote used today is completely flat on the back, making it a great candidate for double sided adhesive and is small enough to really mount anywhere

Sponsored

nolimitf150

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The current remote used today is completely flat on the back, making it a great candidate for double sided adhesive and is small enough to really mount anywhere
Oh that's perfect then! Thanks again for coming up with a solution for us PB owners!!

Wolverine7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2023 Tesla Model Y LR
Yeah, i was thinking that along with one of the center console tray spots seemed like a handy place to hide the "button".

ADam81

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Project Manager
Just ordered mine (rc version)- I can't wait to get it and install. Thanks!

delidave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lariat powerboost
@WillB17 got my rc version the other day. thanks! can’t wait to install it. thanks for including the instructions. do you have an install video? I am always a fan of install videos…if not then i’ll opt for reading the instructions.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@WillB17 got my rc version the other day. thanks! can’t wait to install it. thanks for including the instructions. do you have an install video? I am always a fan of install videos…if not then i’ll opt for reading the instructions.
Sorry for the late reply! I have some youtubers working on some videos, but they still have not surfaced yet unfortunately. The instructions will have everything you need though!
Sponsored