Sponsored

Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible)

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
I think I got lucky. My backup is not that loud (no way it can be heard inside the house, even with the windows open, much less wake anyone up) and No one looks at me when I drive by in all electric mode. I've tried listening for the IFO with my window down and I can barely hear anything.
My 2022 XLT has a very quiet back up "beep beep", and when going forward, I can't hear any sound, even with the windows down.

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
I think I got lucky. My backup is not that loud (no way it can be heard inside the house, even with the windows open, much less wake anyone up) and No one looks at me when I drive by in all electric mode. I've tried listening for the IFO with my window down and I can barely hear anything.
I think people are a little dramatic about the sounds.

Sponsored

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I'm about to order the Gen 2 but will wait for Gen 3 if you think it will be in the next few months. Don't want to do the work twice. Do you have a mailing list we can join to be notified when we can order Gen 3?
Hi John, I do not have a mailing list at this time but if you shoot me an email via the website I will reply to it when it launches

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
I did this last night after completing all of the FDRS updates to enable BlueCruise on my Job 1 truck, along with applying all updates to any modules which needed them. Holy moly is it nice now. When I bought the truck, it was backed into a spot at the dealership, so I drove out and had no idea about the sounder. Very annoying and it was quite loud. On a Mach-E I heard last week while my truck was getting serviced, it seemed quite a bit quieter than my truck, which I heard from about the same distance right afterwards. THANK YOU!

F150inSD

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502a PB
Got my truck yesterday and installed this. Couldn’t take that embarrassing reverse beeping more than a few hours. Thanks for making these contraptions.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
It's too bad FMC made the back up sound super annoying. A subtle sound and not a beep would have been good enough. I also wish it wouldn't turn on when the engine is on. I'd throw it in sport mode just to back out of the driveway if that were the case.

mistermoon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Supercrew 4x4 PB
Took delivery of my new PB on Wenesday, installed it today. My wife thanks you.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
@WillB17 made mine and shipped it early on in this endeavor. I didn't install it in my 2021 because I knew I wanted a Powerboost built to my own spec. I ordered one just over 6 months ago.

It finally arrived a couple of weeks ago and I installed the silencer today. After listening to the artificial whir, grind, and static of the fake engine noise for 1 year and 2 weeks, I now have nothing but the tire crunching gravel for the first and last 1/4 mile of each trip.

It's a sweet quietness indeed.

Thanks again!

Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) 20220511_175814

Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) 20220511_182937

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
@WillB17 made mine and shipped it early on in this endeavor. I didn't install it in my 2021 because I knew I wanted a Powerboost built to my own spec. I ordered one just over 6 months ago.

It finally arrived a couple of weeks ago and I installed the silencer today. After listening to the artificial whir, grind, and static of the fake engine noise for 1 year and 2 weeks, I now have nothing but the tire crunching gravel for the first and last 1/4 mile of each trip.

It's a sweet quietness indeed.

Thanks again!

20220511_175814.jpg

20220511_182937.jpg
I have yet to hear the generated noise when I' moving forward under electric motor alone, even with the window down. My truck does generate the "beep, beep" backup noise, But again it doesn't nearly as bad as some have posted on this forum as well as others.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I have yet to hear the generated noise when I' moving forward under electric motor alone, even with the window down. My truck does generate the "beep, beep" backup noise, But again it doesn't nearly as bad as some have posted on this forum as well as others.
I think our 2022 sounders are a bit quieter than the 2021s, judging by this forum. Try listening while driving through a parking garage with your windows down and stereo off. It is faint but audible. I don't find it offensive though...kind of a cool reminder of the new tech.

I'd be interested in keeping the sounder if it just made the regular soft whirring noise in drive AND reverse rather than eliminating it completely. The backup "bong" is pretty lame, but I respect the purpose it serves.

Anybody think there's an easy way to have the sounder just make the same noise for drive and reverse rather than eliminate it completely?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I actually don't mind the reverse beep, but that's probably because I'm a weekend tractor guy who grew up playing with Tonka heavy equipment toys. 😁

So you don't hear that other fake noise?
Now the ONLY thing I hear is the electric brake booster when I apply the brakes. When I let off the brakes it's pure silence in forward gears.

You might be fortunate that yours isn't wheezing. :)

That video on YouTube definitely shows the forward noise and reverse noise that both of my Powerboost made.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
So what is the technical (Ford) name for this pedestrian alert thing? Is it the Approaching Vehicle Audible System (AVAS)? Cause i found that in the IPC.
Sponsored