Sponsored

Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible)

Beercity

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 701a F150 | 20 Escape hybrid | 13 Escape
Occupation
Dude Named Ben
ITS LIVE! Its been so hard to hold this in, but I can finally tell you guys how excited I have been developing this. Switchable is here, and via prototyping I found myself extremely ticked about how hard it is to get wires though the firewall. I have come up with a WIRELESS FOB that will let you turn the speaker on and off! Install takes just a few more minutes than the current full bypass and by default will disable the speaker. When you click the "on" button on the FOB, it will turn the speaker on.

It's taken so long to get the details right and look back at the hundreds of emails and messages from across the internet, along with tons of testing. I think for those that want control of the speaker, this will be a home run!

Get the Premium RC Edition Here

chrome_OL0T9PZ1Q7.jpg

ApplicationFrameHost_uHECIIY5HH.jpg
Order placed.
Sponsored

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
Just ordered one. Awesome. Glad there's no ugly switch I have to install in the cab to trigger on/off.

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
And another order placed. Great work on this.

RcFlyer330

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited Powerboost
I ordered mine and having it remote controlled insted of a switch in the cab is a awsome idea. Also great timing on the release I just picked up my truck yesterday.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Genius! What an outstanding piece of engineering. LOL.

My truck just got the production week pushed back to 7/4 but I will also be ordering one. Well done!

Sponsored

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Genius! What an outstanding piece of engineering. LOL.

My truck just got the production week pushed back to 7/4 but I will also be ordering one. Well done!
Ugh sorry to hear about your truck! Appreciate the compliments!

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
ITS LIVE! Its been so hard to hold this in, but I can finally tell you guys how excited I have been developing this. Switchable is here, and via prototyping I found myself extremely ticked about how hard it is to get wires though the firewall. I have come up with a WIRELESS FOB that will let you turn the speaker on and off! Install takes just a few more minutes than the current full bypass and by default will disable the speaker. When you click the "on" button on the FOB, it will turn the speaker on.

It's taken so long to get the details right and look back at the hundreds of emails and messages from across the internet, along with tons of testing. I think for those that want control of the speaker, this will be a home run!

Get the Premium RC Edition Here

chrome_OL0T9PZ1Q7.jpg

ApplicationFrameHost_uHECIIY5HH.jpg
Does the unit stay in your last setting? For instance if I pull up to the dealership, click on, then turn off the truck. When the Ford tech gets into the truck and starts the vehicle up, will the system still be in “on” or does it default back to “off”?

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does the unit stay in your last setting? For instance if I pull up to the dealership, click on, then turn off the truck. When the Ford tech gets into the truck and starts the vehicle up, will the system still be in “on” or does it default back to “off”?
Hi DBL R, yes it remembers your last click. The only time it will default back to off is if you disconnect the kit from the battery. So if you click "on" when you go in for service it will remain on.

I'll explain some decision making here:
I made it default off because nobody will want to dig their keys out every time they start their truck to click the speaker off. That would be very annoying.

By being default off, it also increases longevity of some components that I have utilized in the design. I was going to power it via switched 12v but for your reason and many others, I wanted constant power to it so it had "memory" of your last setting.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I will still likely get one soon, but I wish it defaulted to "On" after it lost power instead of "Off"

Is there any downside if I leave it "on" like 99% of the time? You mention increasing longevity by defaulting to off, so that makes me think that having it on most the time will decrease longevity.

too bad you couldn't find a non-volatile memory solution (that would allow it to retain your setting after power loss)

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I will still likely get one soon, but I wish it defaulted to "On" after it lost power instead of "Off"

Is there any downside if I leave it "on" like 99% of the time? You mention increasing longevity by defaulting to off, so that makes me think that having it on most the time will decrease longevity.

too bad you couldn't find a non-volatile memory solution (that would allow it to retain your setting after power loss)

No, there will not be any short term effects on longevity. What I mean by longevity is that in the "on" state it may only last 20 years instead of say 21 years if the device was always left in the off state.

If you absolutely wanted it to be wired the opposite way, perhaps we could do a custom order on one. It would be a small enough change on my end that it would be doable.

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
You should make a little quick install vid. Or contact the Youtube guy and see if he would make a companion install vid like the one he did for your original model. It would go great with your website.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
No, there will not be any short term effects on longevity. What I mean by longevity is that in the "on" state it may only last 20 years instead of say 21 years if the device was always left in the off state.

If you absolutely wanted it to be wired the opposite way, perhaps we could do a custom order on one. It would be a small enough change on my end that it would be doable.
Great work on this! I'm with Frank though... Would love an option that defaults to ON, if at all possible.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect

I'm sure I'm not alone that some of us might pay a little surcharge to have you program it this way.

creamyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost
Occupation
Ret Army
Does the new model also deal with this "the speaker will create a UFO-like noise as well if you are traveling forward in electric mode under 20MPH." like the other model?

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great work on this! I'm with Frank though... Would love an option that defaults to ON, if at all possible.
Thank you! And I will put an option on the website that will let you select Default ON or Default OFF. I will have to explain it in the description as well for those that would never see our conversations here.

I'm sure I'm not alone that some of us might pay a little surcharge to have you program it this way.
No reason for me to charge extra, its a simple change/option! I will probably be implementing this late in the week, need some time to tweak the website and get a few built up and labeled as Default ON.

Does the new model also deal with this "the speaker will create a UFO-like noise as well if you are traveling forward in electric mode under 20MPH." like the other model?
Yes! It still deals with all of the things that the Gen 2 bypass did, this is just a switchable version.
Sponsored