Sponsored

Grymtyrant

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Crew Cab
Instead of searching SYNC, what do you get when you search ota?

If you still get nothing then it'd be worth while to ask ij the vin request thread to have someone look it up the old way we all used to.

Maybe if nothing is scheduled it doesn't show up on that page.

Edit: Sorry, I see you did search ota in the 2ns picture. I don't know if this is a Buller proof process or not. I'd ask in the VIN lookup thread.
The 2nd picture I did search OTA. Only "details" comes up it.

I did have VIN checked by ———- which he stated that I'm past a supposed hump and just have to wait. But I see so many talk about different updates and features such as enabling cameras at speed, which I don't even have that yet and that update seems fairly older. I have been trying the reset sync 4 trick and sending feedback updates for about 4 days now. No luck yet, but will keep trying when I park my truck for the evening.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
The 2nd picture I did search OTA. Only "details" comes up it.

I did have VIN checked by rugedraw which he stated that I'm past a supposed hump and just have to wait. But I see so many talk about different updates and features such as enabling cameras at speed, which I don't even have that yet and that update seems fairly older. I have been trying the reset sync 4 trick and sending feedback updates for about 4 days now. No luck yet, but will keep trying when I park my truck for the evening.
To be clear cameras at speed is not an OTA update, that's a Forscan change. The only thing these recent OTA's really bring is full screen android auto and Apple car play, and dual phone support.

Grymtyrant

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To be clear cameras at speed is not an OTA update, that's a Forscan change. The only thing these recent OTA's really bring is full screen android auto and Apple car play, and dual phone support.
Ah got it. Appreciate you clarifying for me. Might need to get forscan.

I certainly want full screen carplay. I wish ford would allow us to update via USB like they used to do.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Haha I suspect Ford developers monitor this forum and definitely this thread and yanked this feature/ability from us sometime today. They've probably enlisted the FBI to find where @rugedraw is hiding out distributing all the "for dealers' eyes only" PTS data that shows how inconsistent their OTA update system works!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I have been trying the reset sync 4 trick and sending feedback updates for about 4 days now. No luck yet, but will keep trying when I park my truck for the evening.
That's because it's a fallacy. That doesn't do anything. Anyone who got an update after doing it got it by pure coincidence.

I certainly want full screen carplay. I wish ford would allow us to update via USB like they used to do.
This particular update actually can be installed by USB if Ford would just make the files available for us to download.

Sponsored

Grymtyrant

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's because it's a fallacy. That doesn't do anything. Anyone who got an update after doing it got it by pure coincidence.

This particular update actually can be installed by USB if Ford would just make the files available for us to download.
I wish they would. I get that ota updates are nice to have, but that’s when they work.

FordTruckMan

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 3.5L EcoBoost.
@rugedraw I just received this update. What does this even mean??? How do you update lights?
UPDATE SUCCESSFUL

Received Feb 15, 2023

Check out what's new! Ford Power-Up software updates like this enhance the quality, capability and convenience of the vehicle.

WHAT'S IN THIS UPDATE?

Ford Power-Up

Updates Inbound.

We've just completed a quality improvement to your trailer position/license plate lights. There is nothing you need to do.

Ford Power-Up software updates like this help Us make improvements without the inconvenience of asking you to leave home. At Ford we value your satisfaction, and we respect your time.

Priority Update 22-PU1009-TLC-CSM

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw I just received this update. What does this even mean??? How do you update lights?
UPDATE SUCCESSFUL

Received Feb 15, 2023

Check out what's new! Ford Power-Up software updates like this enhance the quality, capability and convenience of the vehicle.

WHAT'S IN THIS UPDATE?

Ford Power-Up

Updates Inbound.

We've just completed a quality improvement to your trailer position/license plate lights. There is nothing you need to do.

Ford Power-Up software updates like this help Us make improvements without the inconvenience of asking you to leave home. At Ford we value your satisfaction, and we respect your time.

Priority Update 22-PU1009-TLC-CSM
lol It updates the intensity of the trailer/tag lights and reprograms in the interior motion sensors to prevent the alarm from going off inadvertently. If this is the BCM update, it also includes a rollback of bad software that was causing headlights issues on certain trucks.

Edit: My original statement was correct. It is the BCM update that appears in in FDRS after the OTA that should not be applied.
Sponsored

Last edited: