Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
Hi Everyone, and FOMOCO:

Is there any word on future OTA updates coming soon? I ask if my truck can get borked on 1.7.1 then it could get borked again on future updates, and I hope Ford keeps the customer informed. I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars to buy equipment or pay a Ford tech to keep the software up to date.

Just curious..... Have a great upcoming week!!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fredm2002

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
I know I can turn them off, but was asking if there was any word on the next future update, so those of us that have had problems can stay aware. That is all, nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
I know I can turn them off, but was asking if there was any word on the next future update, so those of us that have had problems can stay aware. That is all, nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks
No word on future updates as Ford's official answer is "Ford Power-Up Software Updates are released on a rolling basis."; they won't give out any more info than that, same goes with the dealer. It's ridiculous because I know many are waiting for the 2.5.1 update as that one will enable Cams in Motion at any speed and a handful of people have already gotten it by OTA.

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Star White 3.5 EB
No word on future updates as Ford's official answer is "Ford Power-Up Software Updates are released on a rolling basis."; they won't give out any more info than that, same goes with the dealer. It's ridiculous because I know many are waiting for the 2.5.1 update as that one will enable Cams in Motion at any speed and a handful of people have already gotten it by OTA.
Not 2.5.1 to get cams in motion. It’s 2.8.3. And they changed the middle number (plus 3) when they modified each update.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
My Samsung Galaxy on occasion gets pretty hefty update. I never know when it's coming. And I often don't even know what the 2-4Gig uncompressed update even did.
No email or explanation of any kind.

But for whatever strange reason I feel like I it's a good thing when it happens. Lol

Similarly all my computers. Even the Windows 11 "update" (From 10)
One of my computers will suddenly be eligible, while all the others say "coming soon"

It's a roll out. Every computer in the world can't get it on the same night.

Of course Ford is brand new to this. An incredibly ambitious endeavor and so far proving to be an humbling experience for the automotive manufacturer.

I volunteered to be an early adopter and so I'm along for the bumpy ride.

The whole thing is really rather fascinating. Afterall, we are on a truck forum. A pick-up truck forum. And instead of discussing which sparkplug gap is best we are asking which software version is our APIM this morning? 🤣🤣🤣

My dad would ask "son, what's an APIM?"

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
When I talked to Customer relations for Ford Power up today (from the final steps to BC email 1‑83‍3‑92‍6‑32‍87) he said the "new" push out schedule in waves of VINs is to have it complete nlt 30 June. Heard that before...

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Not 2.5.1 to get cams in motion. It’s 2.8.3. And they changed the middle number (plus 3) when they modified each update.
Oh wow because someone in another post said the 2.5.1 got his to this update and the cams in motion on his truck worked.. At this point I’m considering doing the updates myself, I doubt they’ll push out these updates by the end of next year lol

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
When I talked to Customer relations for Ford Power up today (from the final steps to BC email 1‑83‍3‑92‍6‑32‍87) he said the "new" push out schedule in waves of VINs is to have it complete nlt 30 June. Heard that before...
I wouldn’t hold my breath with them, seems like they keep pushing it every time

Sponsored

takalow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Hi Everyone, and FOMOCO:

Is there any word on future OTA updates coming soon? I ask if my truck can get borked on 1.7.1 then it could get borked again on future updates, and I hope Ford keeps the customer informed. I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars to buy equipment or pay a Ford tech to keep the software up to date.

Just curious..... Have a great upcoming week!!!!
Ford dealers update the software for free.

Aim64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Limited Ordered 2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Scrap Metal Industry
My 21 F150 Platty has not been updated since version 1.4, waiting on Ford Engineering to get back to the dealer.
Dealer tried but it would not complete , kept freezing on installation.. possible APIM issue

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I can't figure out how to select auto updates.

I follow what it says on the FordPass ap, but when it tells me to go to System Updates on my settings page.... I scroll all the way down on my center dash screen in vehicle settings and I do not see anything that says 'System updates'?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
You do not select auto updates from Ford Pass. Although Ford Pass does include instructions and can render what your trucks update schedule has been set at

Ford F-150 The Next OTA Update Screenshot_20220530-161511_FordPass

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I can't figure out how to select auto updates.

I follow what it says on the FordPass ap, but when it tells me to go to System Updates on my settings page.... I scroll all the way down on my center dash screen in vehicle settings and I do not see anything that says 'System updates'?
Another Albertan! 🤙🏼🇨🇦

Auto updates toggle will be on your settings category, swipe the tiles till you see updates. The toggle to turn on auto updates will show on the truck’s sync 4 screen, you may need to add a schedule time to it as well, preferably around midnight or something, when your not driving. For example, mine is turned on everyday at midnight.
Sponsored