OTA Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 and upcoming Alexa Built-in roll-out

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
So .... amazing accomplishment then? 😂. It is impressive to see this level of change in the past 6 months though.
I honestly thought after doing it manually that very few trucks would meet the perfect required circumstances for that update to succeed OTA.
The download would require a healthy TCU uninterrupted session? Parked in the driveway or during a commute?

The install itself would need a fairly long uninterrupted Ignition on/Engine off event? I guess it could run while you drive though. But surely it wouldn't like you arriving at your destination and shutting the truck down.

I'm probably just jaded now after experiencing 100% success on multiple updates to multiple modules using FDRS. Some taking hours. But only getting a couple of small/quick updates OTA.
Sponsored

Yoshimura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT 302A Sport Package
Hi there, I took delivery of my 2022 in last September and I'm currently waiting for 3.5.3 (I'm on the road for the next months so full screen CarPlay would be appreciated). However, since I took delivery of my truck, I never received any updates and I'm now wondering if there are issues with my truck / account. Could someone verify? This would be very very appreciated! :)

VIN: 1FTFW1E85NFB92162

hardlyevr

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I had high hopes of additional OTA updates after getting 2.7.3 and 2.7.4 on consecutive days back in mid October for my August built 2021 F150, but since then zilch.
Calling the toll free number for the software line, they said yes I am way behind, take it to a dealership. And if you don't get satisfaction from your dealer, try another dealer, then try calling the customer advocate line.
I don't need all the song and dance, just would like my l9cal dealer to be able to do it. But they say it is up to date, even sent my vin to Ford which said the same thing. So how is it possible to see the charts I have seen for others that tell them what they are missing?
My vin is 1FTFW1E84MKE52573, any help would be greatly appreciated.

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
Mine was partially downloaded and it says to be patient because it's a big update and may take a while. But I'm supposed to like the outcome. LoL. Nice way Ford tells you to be patient but takes a dig none-the- less. It's been over a month now... still waiting... :unsure:

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
Mine was partially downloaded and it says to be patient because it's a big update and may take a while. But I'm supposed to like the outcome. LoL. Nice way Ford tells you to be patient but takes a dig none-the- less. It's been over a month now... still waiting... :unsure:
I currently have little faith in Ford to accomplish the 3.5.3 update ....I have been waiting since Octoner 6th
@Ford Motor Company

Sponsored

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
I currently have little faith in Ford to accomplish the 3.5.3 update ....I have been waiting since Octoner 6th
@Ford Motor Company
Same. Finally but the bullet and my mongoose showed up today. Applying my second update as I type this.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
Don't give up on the OTA's. This is from the perspective of a Lightning, but it has been spotty over here too, but just this week it seems they are catching everyone up and added a new release 3.5.5.

I got 3.5.3 and 3.5.4 a month back and then nothing - not even an update I was expecting to set up my Phone as A Key. Others had some but not all. It seems this week they are leveling up and getting everyone caught up. I got my Phone as a release and many others reported getting the 3.5.X too.

I would think they'll do the same with ICE now in just the next week or two. They've come so far, but the last month has even been slow. Seems this week is the week to get the releases pushed out to all.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I imagine the Lightning is much easier to deliver a large OTA to than an ICE with a limited 12V system onboard.

131KWH battery is a huge reserve to have on tap.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
I imagine the Lightning is much easier to deliver a large OTA to than an ICE with a limited 12V system onboard.

The 3.5 powerboost has an extra lithium battery under the rear seat as well. Maybe Ford can use it for updates.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT

Unfortunately it seems that would be the case, but Ford does not manage the 12V as tight as you would think. On Wednesday my 3.5.5 update failed 4 times. My app was not clear, but someone with insight to the corporate systems told me the detailed message was due to low voltage of the 12V batter. The high voltage battery was just over 80%. I plugged in anyway and that seems to have triggered a 12v charge cycle. An hour later my release installed without me having to take a drive or other outside forces.

Sponsored

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Unfortunately it seems that would be the case, but Ford does not manage the 12V as tight as you would think. On Wednesday my 3.5.5 update failed 4 times. My app was not clear, but someone with insight to the corporate systems told me the detailed message was due to low voltage of the 12V batter. The high voltage battery was just over 80%. I plugged in anyway and that seems to have triggered a 12v charge cycle. An hour later my release installed without me having to take a drive or other outside forces.
From what I have gathered the gateway module is the one that determines if things are going to happen based on certain parameters.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The 3.5 powerboost has an extra lithium battery under the rear seat as well. Maybe Ford can use it for updates.
On the Powerboost specifically, the second 12V battery under the seat is in play, if I'm not mistaken?
Or put another way, if an OTA fails due to battery SOC, I'm pretty sure that included the 12V batteries, plural. Although I do remember reading somewhere that the 2 can be isolated in some circumstance.

So the truck wouldn't tap the High Voltage battery to keep the 12V battery/system charged unless you plugged the truck into a charger?

That would mean that there's some similarity with the Powerboost(?), since I believe it requires the truck to be "ready" (on) before the High Voltage battery is tapped as an alternator.

On the Lightning it sounds like plugging it into the charger enables the "alternator" mode?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hi there, I took delivery of my 2022 in last September and I'm currently waiting for 3.5.3 (I'm on the road for the next months so full screen CarPlay would be appreciated). However, since I took delivery of my truck, I never received any updates and I'm now wondering if there are issues with my truck / account. Could someone verify? This would be very very appreciated! :)

VIN: 1FTFW1E85NFB92162
You have a 2022, so your truck is not one of the ones having issues by default. Also, you got 3.5.2 back on 9/19. You're in the same boat as everyone else waiting for Ford to roll 3.5.3 out to them.

I had high hopes of additional OTA updates after getting 2.7.3 and 2.7.4 on consecutive days back in mid October for my August built 2021 F150, but since then zilch.
Calling the toll free number for the software line, they said yes I am way behind, take it to a dealership. And if you don't get satisfaction from your dealer, try another dealer, then try calling the customer advocate line.
I don't need all the song and dance, just would like my l9cal dealer to be able to do it. But they say it is up to date, even sent my vin to Ford which said the same thing. So how is it possible to see the charts I have seen for others that tell them what they are missing?
My vin is 1FTFW1E84MKE52573, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Your OTA history shows exactly what you said. I don't have FDRS to see what modules you have that need to be updated, but based on what you have been sent OTA, you are still missing 2.8.1, 2.8.2, 2.8.3 and 3.5.2.