• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I was just contacted by my dealer who told me ordering starts on 10/28. Don't know if anyone else has gotten something similar.

Also, on another note, if I picked a dealer can I still place my order online? If so how does that work?
Assuming you reserved online, you reservation page should get a Place Order button. You should also get an email from Ford prompting you to do so.
Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
You'd have to ask Ford. Ford gets less than invoice from dealer. There are holdbacks and various allowances.

No, Ford sells at invoce price. It's just that with MME, invoice and MSRP are the same.

No, it's not. Since MSRP is the same as invoice, you could say that Ford is selling MME at MSRP, but really it's just the same as invoice. The cost to dealer is lower than invoice.

Feel free to contact Ford, but this has been widely reported. Here is one example:
https://www.car-buying-strategies.com/dealer-invoice/ford-mustang-mach-e-prices.html
My point is that a dealership CAN sell below MSRP if they want to

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So my point then is that MSRP DOES NOT= invoice. That's on the dealers
And here you are wrong. The dealer's invoice is equal to MSRP for MME and Lightning.

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Why would it be at a loss if the dealer bought it at the invoice?
It would be but the invoice does not represent the true dealer cost anymore (if it ever did). They changed the game once consumers figured out how to get the "invoice price".

Edit: The true cost to the dealer is a complex calculation once you factor in fixed costs and overhead. What the net cost to the dealer is can vary quite a lot from the invoice price and is usually a closely guarded secret (even from staff).

Last edited:

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
It would be but the invoice does not represent the true dealer cost anymore (if it ever did). They changed the game once consumers figured out how to get the "invoice price".
You're right after all the kickbacks the dealer pays less than the invoice at the end

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LOL, so not one MME has been sold for under MSRP?
Yes, I bought it for under MSRP (also under invoice). I used X-Plan. The dealer didn't lose any money, because Ford reimburses the dealer for the X-Plan discount and there are roughly 5% in holdbacks and other credits.

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Yes, I bought it for under MSRP (also under invoice). I used X-Plan. The dealer didn't lose any money, because Ford reimburses the dealer for the X-Plan discount and there are roughly 5% in holdbacks and other credits.
When did the Mach-E get its X-plan approval? Before/After the reservation -> order conversions opened?

I see a lot of discussions around X-plan for the Lightning yet nothing yet on the X-plan website.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I was just contacted by my dealer who told me ordering starts on 10/28. Don't know if anyone else has gotten something similar.

Also, on another note, if I picked a dealer can I still place my order online? If so how does that work?
Yes you can do everything online. The only risk is because there is no signed order form you run the risk of dealers add ons and market adjustment

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When did the Mach-E get its X-plan approval? Before/After the reservation -> order conversions opened?

I see a lot of discussions around X-plan for the Lightning yet nothing yet on the X-plan website.
I don't remember exactly, but I think early in 2020. So before orders.

Keep in mind that MME was originally supposed to ship in 2020. So I don't expect to hear anything until Jan/Feb 2022 regarding Lightning. Also, not totally worried. On the base Pro trim, the X-Plan discount will be about $525.

MannyFrescoSC

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Jeep Wrangler
This sounds good unless what I read in another recent thread is actually true - that on the Lightning Ford is making the invoice equal to the MSRP. Lots of dealers will order Lightnings for MSRP. Here is the thread post and a comment from another forum member verifying that post:

Correct, on Lightning MSRP = Invoice. This was communicated to us about a week ago.”
FWIw, Clarified from John at Stephens that the 500 over invoice was before they knew that MSRP = Invoice Pricing Structure. They are reworking the deal to be under MSRP.
Sponsored