Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
With so many (most)not liking the new version wouldn't you think Ford would have at least come back on here and posted why all the deletes and changes? It feels like they don't give a s#it about there customers. Or did some Ai computer make all the changes and no real person even knows what's going on.
Reviews on Google Play Store haven't changed, yet. Took screenshot for my own curiosity to see if review score drops.
Most likely analytics from app usage showed low percentage of owners using the features quietly removed.
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Ford must figure we come here.
And since we forscan and fdrs...we
Don't need an appppppppp😶🌫

bigbulls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Reviews on Google Play Store haven't changed, yet. Took screenshot for my own curiosity to see if review score drops.
Most likely analytics from app usage showed low percentage of owners using the features quietly removed.
I'm lucky that it came on my phone (enter new ford pass) so I looked at it for about 5 minutes and there was none of the feature I use and like there so I went right back to the old version and won't open it again until I know it's been fixed from the guys here. I would be very disappointed if I had lost the old version.

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT
I think we should use the new FORD "Feedback" on the console screen feature (since they didn't include that new feature in the app either) and ALL recorder a message about how well we all love this new app...

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Xlt SCREW
Occupation
Retired
I'm lucky that it came on my phone (enter new ford pass) so I looked at it for about 5 minutes and there was none of the feature I use and like there so I went right back to the old version and won't open it again until I know it's been fixed from the guys here. I would be very disappointed if I had lost the old version.
You’ll probably get a force feeding the next time you open it like I did.

Reactions: 780

Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
If you're using an Android, you should be able to download and sideload from the link below. You'll want 4.37.0 then uninstall 5.0 and install 4.37.0 and dont allow auto updates on the app. It should work for a while, but eventually we may be forced to move forward. If you're using an iPhone I'm not sure if it's possible.

https://apkpure.com/fordpass™/com.ford.fordpass/versions
Thanks BDD.

I was able to go back in time to an app that actually gives me useful information.

5.0 is a piece of crap!!!

@Ford Motor Company should be ashamed for posting this!!!

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
I don’t have a 302A or higher so I notice no feature removals. For us XL and STX guys the new version is definitely an upgrade, but we never had most of the “deleted features” to begin with. I sympathize with those who lost functionality.

Sponsored

ReverendQ

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PowerBoost 302A Avalanche BAP
Occupation
Engineer
Hi F-150 owners! If you recently updated your FordPass® app, you may have noticed it looks a little different. We are pleased to share that we have rolled out a newly designed app.

It is easy to use and efficient, reducing the number of steps it takes to access functions to help you better manage your vehicle remotely. Also, instead of having to hold down a button to turn the vehicle ‘on’, this is now a simplified slider.

Additionally, if you have an Apple Watch, along with lock/unlock and remote start/stop, you will also be able to use the following features from your wrist:
  • Activate horn and lights remotely
  • View vehicle location
  • View fuel level and range, for gasoline-powered vehicles
  • View fuel level, battery and range, as well as total combined, for hybrid vehicles
We are also continuing to improve in-app experience with this latest version. If you notice a feature you previously used before is no longer there, don’t worry, the feature can still be accessed via your in-vehicle touchscreen.

We love to hear from our owners so let us know what you think and if you have any questions about FordPass!

Please note: FordPass® App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply. 

524243.png
Ford, Is the Truck ON or capable of being turned ON? BTW, is ON key ON engine OFF or ON the same as READY?
Ford F-150 Newly Designed FordPass 5.0 App®: What to Know Screenshot_20240524_234944_FordPass

Lricaud81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 stx fx4
They forced it on me today. I can't lock and unlock my truck from it now. I was able to go back to old version same thing. Never had a problem since I got truck until now. It'll start the truck but I can't lock and unlock. Wtf

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
They forced it on me today. I can't lock and unlock my truck from it now. I was able to go back to old version same thing. Never had a problem since I got truck until now. It'll start the truck but I can't lock and unlock. Wtf
This shouldn't be a problem, Ford says you can access these functions from the touch screen in your truck. 😂

All kidding aside, that sucks.

Last edited:

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
The app sucks. Removing one of the only features many use, zone lighting is not an update. Ford is starting to show up in the "they suck" column. I imagine Ford will eventually charge us to use the removed features. I'm pretty much done with Ford.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
There is no evidence that Ford intends to charge for feature use in FordPass.
There IS evidence that Ford put more effort into FordPass functionality for other vehicles, compared to the F150.

In fact, both the Lightning and the Mach-E have far less removed functionality in the conversion from 4>5 than the F150.

I rarely use FordPass with my Powerboost anymore since they long past removed the core underlying Bluetooth protocol, which was necessary for all the meaningful functions for me.

Yet I use it multiple times every day for the Mach-E and the Bluetooth supported functions are absolutely core to most of the reason for doing so.

I'm of the opinion that we will soon see new features being added back for the F150. And if just ONE of those features rides on Bluetooth? Then I believe we just might see most of what was stripped, as well as features that have never been in FordPass for the F150.

There's too much evidence that Ford is taking the hit to do what was necessary to abandon the platform V4 was built on. That was a pretty serious commitment and the flack that comes with it is right out in the open for everyone to see.
Sponsored