Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi F-150 owners! If you recently updated your FordPass® app, you may have noticed it looks a little different. We are pleased to share that we have rolled out a newly designed app.

It is easy to use and efficient, reducing the number of steps it takes to access functions to help you better manage your vehicle remotely. Also, instead of having to hold down a button to turn the vehicle ‘on’, this is now a simplified slider.

Additionally, if you have an Apple Watch, along with lock/unlock and remote start/stop, you will also be able to use the following features from your wrist:
  • Activate horn and lights remotely
  • View vehicle location
  • View fuel level and range, for gasoline-powered vehicles
  • View fuel level, battery and range, as well as total combined, for hybrid vehicles
We are also continuing to improve in-app experience with this latest version. If you notice a feature you previously used before is no longer there, don’t worry, the feature can still be accessed via your in-vehicle touchscreen.

We love to hear from our owners so let us know what you think and if you have any questions about FordPass!

EDIT (5/28/24):
Many of you had additional questions, so we wanted to provide some supplemental information about the newly designed FordPass app. Some of your exact features may vary depending on your vehicle model.
  • All about service: To reach the service dashboard, click the tool icon on the bottom right of your screen. You will find a vehicle health status list that includes the odometer reading, oil life for gas-powered vehicles, and tire pressure. If you’d like to add your vehicle service history, this can be done via Ford.com.
  • Trip Planning: While there’s no trip planning feature in FordPass right now, you can still use your in-vehicle touchscreen to access this feature. We’re exploring a simpler, more reliable version of this feature for FordPass.
  • Google Maps: To turn your Google Maps consent on or off, go to your Account settings, then Legal & Privacy, then Privacy.
  • Beep Beep: To reach the horn and lights feature, go to the location section right on the front screen.
  • Lock from anywhere: To tell if the vehicle is locked or unlocked, just click on your desired lock/ unlock state. The vehicle will then confirm “locked” or “unlocked” with a green check.
  • Tailgate party: Depending on your vehicle’s capability, Phone As A Key™ Bluetooth controls for the windows, trunk/frunk, and tailgate are found in the "Bluetooth Controls" menu right alongside all your other primary controls.
  • Add a friend: If your Ford vehicle is already connected in FordPass, you can find and manage any new vehicle user access requests by selecting your vehicle in the app, then selecting Vehicle Details. From there, you can approve or deny any new user access requests.
Please note: FordPass® App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply. 

Ford F-150 Newly Designed FordPass 5.0 App®: What to Know 524243
Sponsored

Last edited:

MattH

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
It’s a crap update because it’s missing a ton of features from the previous version.
Accessing features from inside the vehicle as an alternative is just… not an alternative at all.

I have a question: why was it considered ready for release when missing so many features that already existed?

Bob Violence

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A FX4 Powerboost
  • View fuel level, battery and range, as well as total combined, for hybrid vehicles
I drive a 2021 Powerboost, which is a HYBRID vehicle. The new FordPass app DOES NOT SHOW BATTERY nor FUEL LEVEL as you stated. It only shows range.

Please fix this. I would love to know what the charge level of my HYBRID battery is at a glance, as well as how much fuel is actually in my tank.

Last edited:

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
See replies on this update FORD, piece of crap for the most part other than slide to turn on. Bring back everything else from the old app to this new piece of ………. Insert your own name here.

Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Hi F-150 owners! If you recently updated your FordPass® app, you may have noticed it looks a little different. We are pleased to share that we have rolled out a newly designed app.

It is easy to use and efficient, reducing the number of steps it takes to access functions to help you better manage your vehicle remotely. Also, instead of having to hold down a button to turn the vehicle ‘on’, this is now a simplified slider.

Additionally, if you have an Apple Watch, along with lock/unlock and remote start/stop, you will also be able to use the following features from your wrist:
  • Activate horn and lights remotely
  • View vehicle location
  • View fuel level and range, for gasoline-powered vehicles
We are also continuing to improve in-app experience with this latest version. If you notice a feature you previously used before is no longer there, don’t worry, the feature can still be accessed via your in-vehicle touchscreen.

We love to hear from our owners so let us know what you think and if you have any questions about FordPass!

Please note: FordPass® App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply. 

524243.png
I perform my own routine maintenance and it's important to me to document everything with Ford. I noticed the Service History section has changed and the "Add Service Entry" was removed - how am I to add self-services to the app now?

franksfords

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150,2007 Explorer,2018 Explorer,2023 F150
Occupation
computer technician
I perform my own routine maintenance and it's important to me to document everything with Ford. I noticed the Service History section has changed and the "Add Service Entry" was removed - how am I to add self-services to the app now?
Same here. That's an important feature.

Sponsored

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat V8
Occupation
Happily Retired - USMÇ
It is missing Warranty and extended warranty info also...I liked have the trailer lights and other misc info at fingertips. It is a useless app now. ***Perhaps we should all call and complain about is missing. How to GO BACK to V 4?

LouDog

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ Lariat Powerboost
totally agree. I absolutely rely on this feature to keep track of my maintenance. Not having this will hurt resale value…

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I respectfully suggest that reliance on Ford, or any other 'cloud' service, to maintain records relating to DIY maintenance for warranty preservation purposes has always been misguided (lazy and risky, IMO).

It's incumbent on owners, and only prudent, to maintain their own independent and secure logs, records, and receipts of such to protect their warranty rights, whether that be hard copies or archived / backed-up PDF scans, or both.

Having said and in spite of that, the 'evolution' of FordPass does seem to be in the wrong direction.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Please explain just exactly where I would be able to add "Service history" on the vehicle touchscreen?

The app no longer displays time since last parked, I can no longer monitor vehicle activity as to when the truck was last parked.

Maintenace schedule is missing!
Warranty information is missing!
Reference guide missing!
Trailer checklist missing!
Zone lighting missing!

AND while you're at it bring back securilert!

You have now made this app completely useless! What a waste of time, obviously you didn't care to investigate feedback during Beta testing, or you chose to completely ignore that feedback. Why bother asking for feedback, you're just wasting your customers time by even asking for it.

Ford F-150 Newly Designed FordPass 5.0 App®: What to Know Screenshot_20240523_143926_FordPass
Sponsored

Last edited: