First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
All you have to do is schedule a few starts each day in your Ford phone app. Problem solved. No need for a trickle charger, it will start on schedule and run for 15 mins or more, your choice.

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Since the HV Battery is not used for starting (as it is in the early Escape Hybrids), the state of charge is of lesser importance. The engine, once running will recharge it if needed.

Jimalt

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White Platinum PB 157” FX4 Max Tow
Occupation
Service
Love you’re truck!

I love mine too.

I tell you what. I only drove 300 miles today…so let’s be neighbors. I’ll drive yours for a week and you drive mine. Next week we will swap. No more battery problems! 😬😁

Looks like you have some great suggestions and you have asked all the right people. This forum is full of great information! Have fun!
Hey, I'm looking for sales guys...you should apply!

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
What is a decent % SOC to leave the HV battery when parking the truck? I got the OBDLink and am monitoring the percentage. I seemed to only get a as high as 64% after running ICE and giving it some extra gas today
If Ford setup the Li-Ion battery like it did the NiMH battery of the Escape Hybrids, they programmed the state of charge in the middle of the band, likely about 40% to 60% or thereabouts. I believe this had two reasons: 1 - it was selected for long life; & 2 - this was a linear region of the charge curve, making it easier to program.
Sponsored