Sponsored

New 2023 Powerboost Owner

cyprisfx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Powerboost
Hey everyone,

Finally traded on my old 2009 F150 5.4l FX4 for a new 2023 PowerBoost. New truck is Oxford White XLT with the blackout package, 7.2kw, FX4, and max tow.

Rolled 1000mi today and have loved this thing for the most part. Had the trailer light module fault issue earlier this week that required pulling the fuse to clear, no big deal. Today it threw a CEL for P2450 and got I got the new truck blues. Seems it'll be a valve replacement that'll take dropping the tank. Warranty for sure, but two issues in a week, we'll see what happens.

For the future I'm looking into the level, had the Bilsteins on the 2009 and loved it, but I've read a lot about the PowerBoost weight issues.

I'd also like to upgrade the stereo, keeping the dash all stock, but upgrading the speakers adding a an amp and sub(s). According to Crutchfield they don't recommend an external amp that pulls more than 30a. Gotta understand that too.

New ride is a lot different from my 2009, look forward learning, sharing, etc with everyone.

Thanks!
Ford F-150 New 2023 Powerboost Owner PXL_20230801_220950494
Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Rolled 1000mi today and have loved this thing for the most part. Had the trailer light module fault issue
Did you tow with it during break in or did the trailer light module fault by itself? Where is the module? Welcome to the XLT PB club!

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Hey everyone,

Finally traded on my old 2009 F150 5.4l FX4 for a new 2023 PowerBoost. New truck is Oxford White XLT with the blackout package, 7.2kw, FX4, and max tow.

Rolled 1000mi today and have loved this thing for the most part. Had the trailer light module fault issue earlier this week that required pulling the fuse to clear, no big deal. Today it threw a CEL for P2450 and got I got the new truck blues. Seems it'll be a valve replacement that'll take dropping the tank. Warranty for sure, but two issues in a week, we'll see what happens.

For the future I'm looking into the level, had the Bilsteins on the 2009 and loved it, but I've read a lot about the PowerBoost weight issues.

I'd also like to upgrade the stereo, keeping the dash all stock, but upgrading the speakers adding a an amp and sub(s). According to Crutchfield they don't recommend an external amp that pulls more than 30a. Gotta understand that too.

New ride is a lot different from my 2009, look forward learning, sharing, etc with everyone.

Thanks!
PXL_20230801_220950494.jpg
Congratulations, looks pretty awesome, I came from a 2000 It's a completely different experience for sure, also feels like the old truck might be a tad bit tougher, not as finicky, for crying out loud don't try to open your door with your seatbelt off while you're moving a few miles an hour. Push in, reseat your fuse is under the hood. Check out some of the Facebook PowerBoost groups, I'm in two, but I tried to remove myself from one because it's just too much info. Also understand that when you get on with those groups most people only post negative stuff, so it gets a little bit daunting, good to know what to do when things go wrong, but sometimes it's annoying only seeing negative stuff. Mine's only had the transmission pump go out, everything else has been recall, wipers, tailgate. I think you'll love it, don't do too much to mess up the MPG though, it gets addicting getting 29 miles to the gallon in certain situations, 23 to 26 all day long in the city. It'll take a while to learn all the nuances, and it won't get great MPGs until around 10,000 miles.

OP
OP

cyprisfx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Powerboost
Thanks guys. Yeah a lot of electronics and and cutting edge power train. You're gonna have hiccups. That's what the warranty is for. Im following all the break in rules. It's a good truck. Amazed at a power train that can eek out 28+ mpg, then beat my buddy in hisGM 6.2L Sierra.

Tomzz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Expert
Don’t do anything that voids your warranty you’ll need it.

OP
OP

cyprisfx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Powerboost
Welp, CEL cleared on its own after a week of driving it around! Neato!!
Sponsored