MegaOhm Motorsports Backup Alarm Delete

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I know right! I don’t want to take anything away from a small business. I’ve got their billet fuel door pin but just going into forscan and turning off the sound and it’s free to me it’s a no brainer. Nobody is turning the sound on and off. Let’s be real. I’ve said it many times there are plenty of late model vehicles that are so quiet and they don’t have backup alarms.
You nailed it. This is simply another option for those that like just a plug and play method! Hope you are enjoying that door pin!
Sponsored

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
There are also folks who don't do a lot with Forscan or haven't learned yet. It's a system to learn and there are serious consequences to screwing up. The statement "everyone knows that you never X" is broadly wrong; everyone who is well-versed in a certain community knows that you never do X, and the time and energy required to start from nothing and learn all of the "Xs" that you must never do has a time/money/energy/opportunity cost.

Options are nearly always a good thing, even for folks who do not require that particular option.

OP
OP
blk2021cv

blk2021cv

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
There are also folks who don't do a lot with Forscan or haven't learned yet. It's a system to learn and there are serious consequences to screwing up. The statement "everyone knows that you never X" is broadly wrong; everyone who is well-versed in a certain community knows that you never do X, and the time and energy required to start from nothing and learn all of the "Xs" that you must never do has a time/money/energy/opportunity cost.

Options are nearly always a good thing, even for folks who do not require that particular option.
Completely agree with you, I'm not very computer savvy. So this plug and play option works best for me.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
The PB is no where near silent when in EV mode. It makes plenty of noise
I don't think that's real though. The whirring electric motor sound is false. It disappears if you speed up a little and are still electric driving.

The backup alert I love because I can pretend I'm operating a semi.

The double horn blast when you leave the vehicle running and take the key fob with you is the worst!

TSGarp007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 4x4 Supercrew Powerboost 302A
I don't think that's real though. The whirring electric motor sound is false. It disappears if you speed up a little and are still electric driving.

The backup alert I love because I can pretend I'm operating a semi.

The double horn blast when you leave the vehicle running and take the key fob with you is the worst!
I'm talking about the sound my truck makes with the fake truck noise speaker completely disabled. It is in no way silent. You can hear it. If you are near it, you know there is a vehicle beside you.

Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
Doesn’t Tesla have an Easter egg that lets you turn the outside fake sound speaker into a boom box or something?

C’mon Ford have some fun with the tech!

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
I'm talking about the sound my truck makes with the fake truck noise speaker completely disabled. It is in no way silent. You can hear it. If you are near it, you know there is a vehicle beside you.
Have you written your representatives who made the laws mandating the sounds you want removed? The manufacturers are forced to do it by those we elect on our behalf.

SteveP150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Yeah, I know why they did that, but have a chirp instead of a full double honk. Super annoying, and if I get around to Forscan that's the first thing I'm getting rid of.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Doesn’t Tesla have an Easter egg that lets you turn the outside fake sound speaker into a boom box or something?

C’mon Ford have some fun with the tech!
No. The law on the books is clear. They had to issue a recall for boom box because it violated the law. I believe it's a federal felony to even offer / promote disabling / reducing the volume of the device. They're really proud of their law. If you read it, you'll see just how proud of their nerds they are. They're even considering applying the law retroactively requiring all vehicles that are hybrid / EV to have noise makers added regardless their age.

islandboy47

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost Lariat FX4
I know this is an old thread, but I have a relevant question/issue.

I installed the megaohm motorsports backup alarm delete a couple of months ago and installed it and it worked great. BUT I'm dumb and forgot to bring the zip tie with me to the garage when I did it, so I thought "I'll put that on later" and guess what...I forgot. So now I'm getting an error in the truck for a "pedestrian sounder fault" and I pretty much knew right away what happened, the device had fallen/broken off.

I'm going to buy another one, but when I looked in there I saw that it didn't just disconnect from the wires, I think it ripped the wires out of the device. So now I'm wondering if just trying to replace the device will be enough or if I need to get a Ford stock connector thing as well. Does anyone know?
Ford F-150 MegaOhm Motorsports Backup Alarm Delete PXL_20240228_124146976

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
You would have to go back to the original instructions to see for sure. I believe the new device plugs in between the speaker and the Ford wiring. If that is the case you will need that Ford connector to plug into the device. That will let the truck know that there is a connection and that should stop your alerts. I think this is right but I have no first hand knowledge.

If that is a picture of the Ford connector missing due to being ripped off, that would probably be your first order of business. Good luck.

dadrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost XLT 302a
Occupation
Network Admin
First thing I did when buying my CPO ‘22 PB was install backup delete. Single most annoying feature on any vehicle.
You got more people to stop and look at your truck making a weird backup noise making it more dangerous than having it at all
Sponsored