First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.5 Powerboost FX4 5.5' Bed
Occupation
Software Engineer
My wife has a 2020 Kia Niro Hybrid and that backup noise I can hear on the other side of the house in the below grade family room.

When she's driving on electric it sounds like a cylon raider from the new Battlestar Galactica series.
Sponsored

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
I'm not going to be changing the speaker plug between off-road and city driving, but it would be great to have a convenient way to silence it off-road or in my own driveway or in an RV park for example.

Hopefully someone in the aftermarket will make a bluetooth dongle and a phone app to switch it from on to bypass. I'm okay with removing the dongle for dealer visits in case there's a warranty issue involving electrics – they can reasonably ask that there's no unapproved devices in the wiring.

p.s. in case they're not already here, here's two threads on the pedestrian "safety" sounder speaker
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/pedestrian-sounder-delete-no-codes-easily-reversible.6066/
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/pedestrian-alert-system-anyone-else-annoyed-by-it.1829/

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Last edited:

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Or, is the point that noisy engines can run things over too?

Absolutely sad. Hate to see it.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Got my device in yesterday and installed it soon after. Not much fuss at all to install, very simple. Works perfectly and no codes, thanks Deal Seeker.

20XLTFX421

First Name
Massimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
Welder/Fabricator
I’ve been using the same device for a few weeks now also, so much better!!

BRDVPRA

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
Yep
I'm not going to be changing the speaker plug between off-road and city driving, but it would be great to have a convenient way to silence it off-road or in my own driveway or in an RV park for example.

Hopefully someone in the aftermarket will make a bluetooth dongle and a phone app to switch it from on to bypass. I'm okay with removing the dongle for dealer visits in case there's a warranty issue involving electrics – they can reasonably ask that there's no unapproved devices in the wiring.

p.s. in case they're not already here, here's two threads on the pedestrian "safety" sounder speaker
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/pedestrian-sounder-delete-no-codes-easily-reversible.6066/
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/pedestrian-alert-system-anyone-else-annoyed-by-it.1829/
So on the video the guy is showing how to disable it in FORScan he shows the PACM and illustrates which wire is 12volt. I wonder why you could not wire that 12v to a switch on your dash or in the consule, so you could turn it off as needed. Another person the forum said it only gives a warning at startup when it is unplugged.....hmmmm

Sponsored

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
So on the video the guy is showing how to disable it in FORScan he shows the PACM and illustrates which wire is 12volt. I wonder why you could not wire that 12v to a switch on your dash or in the consule, so you could turn it off as needed. Another person the forum said it only gives a warning at startup when it is unplugged.....hmmmm
It is as simple as pushing the ok button at start up. You get no further warnings. I am not sure why you would want to go to the trouble of running wiring?

MitchCox

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
At this time, I am happy with the $50 silencer you install under the front bumper, no need to dig into Forscan, and no error alerts. My concern would be if you take it to ford for something, they would see the error and know you were in there messing with things. I took my F-150 in for the insulation recall after I installed the silencer and had zero issues. No mention of the device. No errors to alert them, etc.. Plus its super easy to install if you dont have Forscan or access to someone that does.

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
With the options on my truck, I get plenty of beeps when things are behind or even on the sides (or front) of my truck. And I have Rear Brake Assist enabled that will alert and stop the truck when backing into something. I don't need the irritating noise built into the PB that most people don't recognize (i.e. it doesn't sound like the mostly universal back up noise trucks and heavy equipment use).

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
I have had mine in the dealer service 4 times since I unplugged it. Each time the tech mentions it’s unplugged and asks if I want it plugged back in.

RexTX

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang Shelby GT, 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
retired
Also would like a cabin switch to disable/enable.
Even better - a push-to-talk feature using the overhead microphone to the external speaker. But that would probably get me in trouble ;)
SURELY some innovative hacker will come up with a great alternative use for this "feature"
Sponsored