First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
I installed the backup alarm delete from MegaOhm Motorsports to my 2023 F150 Powerboost. It is great! No more annoying back up alarm or sound when in electric drive moving forward. It was very easy to install you will be finished in 5-10 minutes. Also no check engine lights on the dash. 100% plug and play no need for ForScan programming.

Ford F-150 MegaOhm Motorsports Backup Alarm Delete IMG_0954

Ford F-150 MegaOhm Motorsports Backup Alarm Delete IMG_0955

Ford F-150 MegaOhm Motorsports Backup Alarm Delete IMG_0956
Sponsored

bushpilot

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150, 4x4, 3.5L, PB 7.2KW, Platinum
No need to buy anything….

If you use (free) ForScan you can do disable BOTH the front (pedestrian warning) and the rear/backup speaker alarms!

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
No need to buy anything….

If you use (free) ForScan you can do disable BOTH the front (pedestrian warning) and the rear/backup speaker alarms!
All of that came later than the hardware delete.

And, it does not give off/on at the flip of a switch.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
All of that came later than the hardware delete.

And, it does not give off/on at the flip of a switch.
That is what I want, and I am going to get. I want to be able to turn it off or on with the press of a button in the truck. Easy.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I installed the backup alarm delete from MegaOhm Motorsports to my 2023 F150 Powerboost. It is great! No more annoying back up alarm or sound when in electric drive moving forward. It was very easy to install you will be finished in 5-10 minutes. Also no check engine lights on the dash. 100% plug and play no need for ForScan programming.

IMG_0954.jpeg

IMG_0955.jpeg

IMG_0956.jpeg
It is a great mod. Love mine. I have the gen 1 version. I like the look of the newer version.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/pedestrian-sounder-delete-no-codes-easily-reversible.6066/

Sponsored

bushpilot

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
while I suppose it might be nice to turn the noise on & off....im not sure I see the point.

we've done w/out backup alarms on conventional cars for years....and current model vehicles have back up cams (a federal mandate).

cant wait to hear how frequently you turn it on (or off).

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
while I suppose it might be nice to turn the noise on & off....im not sure I see the point.

we've done w/out backup alarms on conventional cars for years....and current model vehicles have back up cams (a federal mandate).

The issue is the emergence of electric and hybrid vehicles. Conventional cars need the engine running (noise) for it to be drivable. With the PB, or any electric or hybrid the engine can shut off without making a sound. That is what the canned noise is for. Pedestrians can hear something and move even if the driver is looking somewhere else.

I know I often back into my driveway at night and early morning so I could press a button, turn off the noise, back into my driveway and turn it back on for tomorrows drive. Rinse and repeat when needed. This is a curtesy to my neighbors and others in other similar situations. Your campground neighbors will thank you.

bushpilot

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Conventional (ICE) Cars today are VERY quiet….and yet we have no alarms on them.…im sure its only a matter of time before the government requires that too!

the entire reason we have back up cams today is because drivers are too stupid to perform a walk around or LOOK (both/all ways) before backing….its like DRL’s….people are numb to those now too.

the back up alarm on the PB is very subtitle and the weird noise at the front is even less so.

TSGarp007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 4x4 Supercrew Powerboost 302A
Conventional (ICE) Cars today are VERY quiet….and yet we have no alarms on them.…im sure its only a matter of time before the government requires that too!

the entire reason we have back up cams today is because drivers are too stupid to perform a walk around or LOOK (both/all ways) before backing….its like DRL’s….people are numb to those now too.

the back up alarm on the PB is very subtitle and the weird noise at the front is even less so.
Did you just say the back-up alarm on the PB is subtle? It's quite possibly the most obnoxious noise I've ever heard a passenger vehicle make, with the exception of the double bong no key in truck noise.

The PB is no where near silent when in EV mode. It makes plenty of noise. The back-up alarm is not a reasonable sound to ever be made in society. Maybe at the loading docks.

OP
OP
blk2021cv

blk2021cv

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
Did you just say the back-up alarm on the PB is subtle? It's quite possibly the most obnoxious noise I've ever heard a passenger vehicle make, with the exception of the double bong no key in truck noise.

The PB is no where near silent when in EV mode. It makes plenty of noise. The back-up alarm is not a reasonable sound to ever be made in society. Maybe at the loading docks.

TSGarp007 get's it.

Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer

I find this very funny.

I am a person that goes from heat to A/C. So, my windows are never down unless I am at a drive thru. And, I don't go in reverse there.

So, I basically never heard it. But, my neighbor mentioned it about the same time @WillB17 came up with Gen 1. So, I bought it just because it is cool. Installed and no issues.

Then, my neighbor had a contractor do some work for him and it was the second PB I ever saw in the wild (mine was the first). But, I also heard this one and was glad I made the plunge.

Then, Gen 2 came out and I just had to buy it too. I have not installed it. Not sure I need to turn it back on. But, completely loved the 'idea of it. Then, we moved and I am not sure where Gen 2 is.

I expect when I find it, I'll also find the gas door pin thing that I bought there too. I think that pin thing should be in my truck for when I need it. But, it is not.

I do love @WillB17's work and will continue to support him in his amazing endeavors.

One day, I'll come across the items and install them :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I've got 2 fords with missing PACMs. No dump truck sounds interrupting an otherwise pleasant day and it's a free mod.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost

IMG_0954.jpeg

IMG_0955.jpeg

IMG_0956.jpeg
That's a good looking install right there! Enjoy the silence and thanks for the review

It is a great mod. Love mine. I have the gen 1 version. I like the look of the newer version.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/pedestrian-sounder-delete-no-codes-easily-reversible.6066/
If you ever need the newer one just drop me a message! Appreciate the OG supporters!

I find this very funny.

I am a person that goes from heat to A/C. So, my windows are never down unless I am at a drive thru. And, I don't go in reverse there.

So, I basically never heard it. But, my neighbor mentioned it about the same time @WillB17 came up with Gen 1. So, I bought it just because it is cool. Installed and no issues.

Then, my neighbor had a contractor do some work for him and it was the second PB I ever saw in the wild (mine was the first). But, I also heard this one and was glad I made the plunge.

Then, Gen 2 came out and I just had to buy it too. I have not installed it. Not sure I need to turn it back on. But, completely loved the 'idea of it. Then, we moved and I am not sure where Gen 2 is.

I expect when I find it, I'll also find the gas door pin thing that I bought there too. I think that pin thing should be in my truck for when I need it. But, it is not.

I do love @WillB17's work and will continue to support him in his amazing endeavors.

One day, I'll come across the items and install them :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You wouldn't believe how many people have had the same story. They don't mind the sound, but their neighbor mentions something! Hope you are doing well Jeff, good to see you are active on the forum still!

I've got 2 fords with missing PACMs. No dump truck sounds interrupting an otherwise pleasant day and it's a free mod.
Just silent codes to deal with is the only problem! Deal breaker for those that go to the dealership as their scan tools will throw flags for the PACM being disconnected as it will be detected as a fault. But of course not a problem if you don't go in for warranty or anything.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver

I know right! I don’t want to take anything away from a small business. I’ve got their billet fuel door pin but just going into forscan and turning off the sound and it’s free to me it’s a no brainer. Nobody is turning the sound on and off. Let’s be real. I’ve said it many times there are plenty of late model vehicles that are so quiet and they don’t have backup alarms.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Just silent codes to deal with is the only problem! Deal breaker for those that go to the dealership as their scan tools will throw flags for the PACM being disconnected as it will be detected as a fault. But of course not a problem if you don't go in for warranty or anything.
You do know if the dealer is concerned about it, plugging it in will resolve it for them. I've yet to have a dealership go and plug it back in FWIW, it's not getting serviced due to a missing PACM. They've never even mentioned it.
Sponsored