Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Bronco, KTM 1290R
I’m seeing 16.4 avg mixed driving which is what I had when I was stock. That’s keeping the RPM 2/2.5K and normal acceleration. I’ve driven aggressively a few times and yeah it’ll drop in a heartbeat. Lowest I’ve seen is 13.9 avg. I hand calculate and buy my fuel from the same QT up the street.
Funny enough, my Sasquatched 2Dr Bronco with the 2.7L gets about the same gas mileage, with roughly 400 hp less.
Sponsored

Rknut36

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150
So I just got my ford performance whipple installed on my 5.0 single cab and man she’s a beast , curious to know if anyone has put there truck on a dyno whit just a fp whipple and what we’re y’all’s numbers? Supposedly my truck should be at 700hp at crank , what do you guys think it is at the wheels ?

IMG_3531.jpeg
How do you like it ? Is it the stage 1 I have one on order

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Funny enough, my Sasquatched 2Dr Bronco with the 2.7L gets about the same gas mileage, with roughly 400 hp less.
That is an awesome model though! Even with 35's they move! My uneducated hunch is Whipple intentionally tuned it to be comparable to factory up to 2.5K RPM. It's just so easy to accelerate beyond that almost instantaneously and hence lower MPG 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Hermanroman

Hermanroman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ford f150 rcsb supercharged
Occupation
Welder
Wats up guys , so I just lined up with a Chevy truck and I did a 40 roll from 2nd gear , I manually put it in 2nd honked it off and I floored it but I forgot to shift back to manual so it stayed wot on 2nd for a bit before I noticed that I had forgotten to shift back to auto , you guys think I messed something up ?

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I had forgotten to shift back to auto, you guys think I messed something up?
Assuming you're running the FP/Whipple tune, I would think the protection in the programming would kick in to mitigate any damage. Your RPM is limited to the factory setting so over rev'ing shouldn't be an issue. You might also send Whipple support an email and ask them too.

How long before you noticed the situation and backed off?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hermanroman

Hermanroman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Welder
Assuming you're running the FP/Whipple tune, I would think the protection in the programming would kick in to mitigate any damage. Your RPM is limited to the factory setting so over rev'ing shouldn't be an issue. You might also send Whipple support an email and ask them too.

How long before you noticed the situation and backed off?
Yes I’m still running the fp/whipple tune , and I would say no longer than 5-10seconds , it’s just that after flooring it the truck hit sideways a bit and that made me forget to shift back to auto .

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
Wats up guys , so I just lined up with a Chevy truck and I did a 40 roll from 2nd gear , I manually put it in 2nd honked it off and I floored it but I forgot to shift back to manual so it stayed wot on 2nd for a bit before I noticed that I had forgotten to shift back to auto , you guys think I messed something up ?
What broke?

is the concern starting off in 2nd gear? Or hitting rev limiter?

OP
OP
Hermanroman

Hermanroman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Welder
What broke?

is the concern starting off in 2nd gear? Or hitting rev limiter?
Nothing broke , not that I know of . My concern is holding 2nd gear at full throttle without shifting , so I guess yea hitting the rev limiter ? I know stupid mistake ..

OP
OP
Hermanroman

Hermanroman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Welder

Sponsored

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Yes I’m still running the fp/whipple tune , and I would say no longer than 5-10seconds , it’s just that after flooring it the truck hit sideways a bit and that made me forget to shift back to auto .
I'm hardly a master mechanic. I'm sure there could be a lot of discussions about the effects of long term WOT on this part or that part, but if nothings broken you're OK. Just don't do that again ;)

Edit: This reminded me of the time when I first drove a stick shift. I had a AMC Gremlin, 3 speed, 2dr, hatch back. I know those first few weeks, yes weeks, I never shifted it. I always started in 2nd gear and throttled it around. Fortunately I grew up on farm roads with lots of tractors :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hermanroman

Hermanroman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Welder
I'm hardly a master mechanic. I'm sure there could be a lot of discussions about the effects of long term WOT on this part or that part, but if nothings broken you're OK. Just don't do that again ;)

Edit: This reminded me of the time when I first drove a stick shift. I had a AMC Gremlin, 3 speed, 2dr, hatch back. I know those first few weeks, yes weeks, I never shifted it. I always started in 2nd gear and throttled it around. Fortunately I grew up on farm roads with lots of tractors :)
Lol yea I wont be doing that again 😅🤣

Malloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Roush F150 Lariat; 2021 Tundra TRD Pro
Occupation
Military
Am I correct in assuming that the Ford Performance kit is kept on the milder side (tune, TB, pulley) for warranty purposes, but can be upgraded later to something like the Stage 2 kit that is available on the Whipple website?

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Am I correct in assuming that the Ford Performance kit is kept on the milder side (tune, TB, pulley) for warranty purposes, but can be upgraded later to something like the Stage 2 kit that is available on the Whipple website?
You are correct. The Ford Performance kit is basically a Whipple Stage 1 kit, with a milder tune. You can upgrade a Whipple Stage 1 kit to a Stage 2 kit, so you can upgrade a Ford Performance kit as well. For a small fee you can even upgrade the Ford Performance kit with a Whipple Stage 1 tune.

At the time of purchase you can add a powertrain warrantee to a Whipple Stage 1 for $850. The Stage 1 warrantee is similar to the Ford Performance kit warrantee. The Stage 2 kit or Stage 1 to 2 upgrade kit does not have a warrantee.

That said, if you already have an FP/Whipple Stage 1 installed, upgrading to Stage 2 is pretty involved. You have to remove the blower housing to swap the OEM fuel injectors with the Stage 2 fuel injectors.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Malloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Roush F150 Lariat; 2021 Tundra TRD Pro
Occupation
Military
Thanks, @TexasTruck. That is what I was hoping to hear. Greatly appreciated!
Sponsored