First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I collect classic Mustangs and was pretty proud of my baby, my 65 Fastback, naturally aspirated 387hp and 412lbs until my friend Greg showed up to my house one day...
He had a 2003 Cobra with a Whipple SC and that thing scared the ______ outta me. To this day, still the fastest car I've ever been in.
I envy and fear you.... and your truck....

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Congratulations! Welcome to the club as they say!

I've got a little over 1000 miles on my FP/Whipple install. I dare to say I think the 5.0 is happier boosted if that makes any sense. I can't explain it... it drives really nice... not that it didn't before, things just happen faster now... get into the 3.5K+ RPM range and things get "interesting" ;)

I'm sure you already know this, but keep the CAT temps in mind. Meaning, when you run it hard, long pulls, drag, etc. cruise normally for a bit to give them a chance to cool off. The tune has the factory over temp protections too, but still. That came directly from Whipple.

Post some more pictures after you clean her up!

OP
OP
Hermanroman

Hermanroman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ford f150 rcsb supercharged
Occupation
Welder
Congratulations! Welcome to the club as they say!

I've got a little over 1000 miles on my FP/Whipple install. I dare to say I think the 5.0 is happier boosted if that makes any sense. I can't explain it... it drives really nice... not that it didn't before, things just happen faster now... get into the 3.5K+ RPM range and things get "interesting" ;)

I'm sure you already know this, but keep the CAT temps in mind. Meaning, when you run it hard, long pulls, drag, etc. cruise normally for a bit to give them a chance to cool off. The tune has the factory over temp protections too, but still. That came directly from Whipple.

Post some more pictures after you clean her up!
Thanks ! Yea she’s got a whole different attitude after that whipple lol . Do you know if it’s possible after the warranty expires can you go get a custom tune on this setup ? I didn’t get to clean her up today but for sure tomorrow I’ll snap some pics 💪🏼

Sponsored

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Do you know if it’s possible after the warranty expires can you go get a custom tune on this setup ?
Yes, you sure can... For example, I was told you can purchase the Whipple Stage 1 tune for $400.00. They send you the tune and use the Tomahawk to install it. The nice thing about the Whipple tuning is you don't have to do anything under the hood. Simply plug into the OBD2 port and go. Whipple must have worked with Ford on the secret handshake (encryption?) to be able to do that.

OP
OP
Hermanroman

Hermanroman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Welder
Yes, you sure can... For example, I was told you can purchase the Whipple Stage 1 tune for $400.00. They send you the tune and use the Tomahawk to install it. The nice thing about the Whipple tuning is you don't have to do anything under the hood. Simply plug into the OBD2 port and go. Whipple must have worked with Ford on the secret handshake (encryption?) to be able to do that.
Nice I can’t wait till the warranty expires lol

OP
OP
Hermanroman

Hermanroman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Welder
Got around to giving her a quick wipe down! Got a lot up upgrades in mind for her !

Ford F-150 Just got my 2023 F-150 5.0 supercharged with Ford Performance Whipple kit ! IMG_3553

Ford F-150 Just got my 2023 F-150 5.0 supercharged with Ford Performance Whipple kit ! IMG_3551

Ford F-150 Just got my 2023 F-150 5.0 supercharged with Ford Performance Whipple kit ! IMG_3547

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Congrats. Should make in the low to mid 500s on a Dynojet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hermanroman

Hermanroman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Welder
Lund has good tunes for these. Bro looks good mine is silver to.
Damn yours looks good ! Got any engine mods ? What type of wheels are those ?

Jmet8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Thanks Bro . 22” Forge Star. Yeah that will set it off. I got 3/5 IHC Ride Quality kit with the help bags. Rides good.

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Truck is nice enjoy that new power :), I did the IHC drop with bags and I personally would go Ridetech on the complete kit. It’s more expensive but uses the factory lower control arm with a shorter coil over setup so you keep your stock lower ball joint. The ride quality kit from IHC uses a lowered control arm to keep the factory coil over/strut and the ball joint is some 20 year old Chevy part. The nuts on mine were super thin and one was damaged new. I called and got nowhere so ended up at the local parts store buying an entire new ball joint to get the nut. That and the rear flip kit I could not get to quit squeaking but that maybe was my install.
I did the stage 2 Whipple and used 2 different tuners and none were better than the factory Whipple tune. I made more power with them but their drivability was less so I went back to Whipple.
Sponsored