Interior lights not working

Mk7R

First Name
Johnny
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I’m taking my 1-month old truck to the dealer next week for this same issue. I’m hoping they’ll take a look at this post!

Advertisement

jayshafer16

First Name
Jamaal
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 lariat
Occupation
Ups driver
Just discovered the same problem after I got mine back just a week ago from bad tires causing vibration....now on it way back to the dealer...smh

ccpendleton24

First Name
Chad
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Education
Same deal! Got my truck this morning and the interior lights NEVER worked. I figured they maybe only worked in “night mode”??? Dumb idea…guess I will just have to take it in!!!!

Gsrtx

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Same light issue here. Picked up my Limited F150 last night at 7pm. It’s the next morning at 7am and i am at the dealer returning the truck. The center console light does not work, map lights, and garage door opener does not work. Maybe it is fate. Due to the dealers incompetence, they screwed up the finance paperwork and I haven’t signed or given down payment. I provided the service ticket from the thread. We will see. I even woke the sales guy up to come give me my 2016 Platinum truck back.

Issues:
  1. Garage Door Opener does not work
  2. Light in center tray, (phone location)
  3. Driver interior/map light does not work
  4. Passenger interior/map light does not work
  5. Driver seat shakes at 70 MPH, (bad tires)
  6. 6-7 deep dimples in the back seat (believe they left floor mats with weight on them)
  7. Totally screwed up finance paperwork. (not even signed or downpayment).
I am free and clear to walk, which is very likely.

*************** UPDATE *********************
Just got a call from the Dealer GM. Remember, I picked it up 7-21-2021 at 7pm and returned it 12 hours later, at 7am 7-22-2021. Apparently, service has already found 2 parts the must be replace with no date as to when they can get the parts. They haven't even finished looking at it. The service Director asked sales to call me, likely because significantly more issues or the two are REALLY bad.

In any event, thanks to their own incompetence in finance, I don't actually own the vehicle yet. I politely told them I WOULD NOT buy that truck. They are now looking for an upcoming 2021 4x4 PowerBoost Limited with EVERY option, to keep the deal moving.

I will be taking a very hard look at even buying a new ford. Most likely, I will hold off to order a 2022.

Last edited:

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
I gotta ask, care to share the dealer's name?

Advertisement

Advertisement