Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
2021 F150:
For the past several months we have been without interior lights when opening the doors. Took to the dealer and the attributed to a low state of charge on battery. Load tested battery & it passed.
Brought truck home, opened door, and no lights!

Contacted dealer again - they have not seen this issue before and told me to bring it back again which is scheduled for later this month.

I see several other threads with this same issue of non-working interior lights (perimeter lighting not working either).

Hoping someone can offer advice so dealer can get some ideas of where to look. Thanks.

Mike
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
He talks about the reason why my interior lights stop working and how to properly charge my Battery.

jloiacono

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Escape and 2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Lights wont come on when i open the door first time of the day, but are working later on. They are not disabled. My truck is sleeping so hard, it apparently cant wake up! Anybody else notice this?
Check out YouTube video on the BMS(Battery Monitoring System) in our trucks. Explains why we are having intermittent electrical problems.

mattbaer355

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Terribly engineered and designed features in these newer trucks. I would love to speak to marketing or product satisfaction at FoMoCo about all these unwanted and unnecessary features in my new truck that I cannot turn off. If I do not drive my truck for 3-4 days none of the interior lights work. The turn signals are annoyingly loud and I cannot turn them down. The recirculate features turns off at will and I cannot keep it on (truck must know better than I)...I live in the desert with 5% humidity...I don't get foggy windows. The AC fan will turn on high randomly and I cannot control it. I love the truck as a truck but hate these tech features with no option to adjust to my likings. At least on the old cars I could disable to features I didnt want.

Sponsored

mattbaer355

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.
see above post. Does Ford have any available options in the software to remedy the above issues. Valley Fever is a big issue in AZ dust storms and not being able to control my recirculation is an issue. I am not deaf so turn signal volume adjustments would be helpful. Add the tech but give us options for the CUSTOMER to adjust to thier preferences. I know you guys do 6 sigma and Lean....practice it with the voice of the customer.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Matt

BLBF150OWNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 5.5bed
Hello, Pete!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this interior lights concern. Thanks!
Same issue for me. Interior lights won’t come on when I open the door. Can anyone help

BLBF150OWNER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 5.5bed
Same here. Interior lights won’t come on when I unlock and open the door. Can anyone help?

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Same here. Interior lights won’t come on when I unlock and open the door. Can anyone help?
When the battery gets low, lights and stop/go stops working and i get messages popping up on the screen. I hook up my charger overnight once/per month or so and everything works again. Been dealing with this since i bought it. Service guy said there's a bulletin out now for a small drain and will have it looked at next Thursday.
Update: They checked the problem pin at the AC compressor according to the TSB, and found mine to be ok. Still got the battery running down though, keeping the interior lights from working. Good news is, i got rid of this truck with 19 trips to the dealer for various issues, of which all are electronic/electrical.
Sponsored

Last edited: