Sponsored

Bed lights aren't working!

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order
My bed light switch is being replaced under warranty right now. Try using zone lighting through the screen or app to turn them on. If that works, it’s probably a bad physical switch.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jimi

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
My bed light switch is being replaced under warranty right now. Try using zone lighting through the screen or app to turn them on. If that works, it’s probably a bad physical switch.
Ok thanks

PokerPITA

First Name
Ame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Occupation
Fire Inspector
I had a 2021 PB (since been repurchased as a Lemon) with LOTS of electrical issues. One of the last issues that was addressed were the cargo bed lights stopped working. It caused a ground fault that would cause the engine to cycle more frequently when the big batteries required to be charged. It went into the dealership and was there for 3 weeks. Not only did they replace the switch for the cargo bed lights, they also replaced the BCM 4times during that visit.

Electrical issues continued with many other components, but that fixed the bed lights.

Just took delivery on a custom ordered 2023 PB last week.

OP
OP
Jimi

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner/Driver
I had a 2021 PB (since been repurchased as a Lemon) with LOTS of electrical issues. One of the last issues that was addressed were the cargo bed lights stopped working. It caused a ground fault that would cause the engine to cycle more frequently when the big batteries required to be charged. It went into the dealership and was there for 3 weeks. Not only did they replace the switch for the cargo bed lights, they also replaced the BCM 4times during that visit.

Electrical issues continued with many other components, but that fixed the bed lights.

Thanks, and congrats on the new truck. I started my truck, and let it run until the ICE kicked off. I then turned on all of the zone lighting. It has worked well ever since. 🤪

OP
OP
Jimi

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner/Driver

Thanks, and congrats on the new truck. I started my truck, and let it run until the ICE kicked off. I then turned on all of the zone lighting. It has worked well ever since. 🤪
Ford F-150 Bed lights aren't working! 20230801_114945

Sponsored

MitchCox

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
My bed lights quit working after one of the updates. I used forscan and changed a digit on one of the settings as recommended by @Jesse-Infotainment and it enabled them back to working again. I have received several OTA updates since then and they still work fine. Thanks Jesse

OP
OP
Jimi

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner/Driver
My bed lights quit working after one of the updates. I used forscan and changed a digit on one of the settings as recommended by @Jesse-Infotainment and it enabled them back to working again. I have received several OTA updates since then and they still work fine. Thanks Jesse
Thanks
Ford F-150 Bed lights aren't working! 20230801_114945

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi all, I went to get some tools from my truck bed tonight and the switch didn't work, I have no bed lights. I would appreciate any suggestions. 🤔
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
Jimi

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner/Driver
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
My dealership is West HERR Ford of Rochester 4545 W. Ridge Road Rochester NY, Vin # 1FTFW1ED6PFA02563
Sponsored