Interior lights not working

Mk7R

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I’m taking my 1-month old truck to the dealer next week for this same issue. I’m hoping they’ll take a look at this post!
Sponsored

jayshafer16

First Name
Jamaal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 lariat
Occupation
Ups driver
Just discovered the same problem after I got mine back just a week ago from bad tires causing vibration....now on it way back to the dealer...smh

ccpendleton24

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Education
Same deal! Got my truck this morning and the interior lights NEVER worked. I figured they maybe only worked in “night mode”??? Dumb idea…guess I will just have to take it in!!!!

Gsrtx

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Same light issue here. Picked up my Limited F150 last night at 7pm. It’s the next morning at 7am and i am at the dealer returning the truck. The center console light does not work, map lights, and garage door opener does not work. Maybe it is fate. Due to the dealers incompetence, they screwed up the finance paperwork and I haven’t signed or given down payment. I provided the service ticket from the thread. We will see. I even woke the sales guy up to come give me my 2016 Platinum truck back.

Issues:
  1. Garage Door Opener does not work
  2. Light in center tray, (phone location)
  3. Driver interior/map light does not work
  4. Passenger interior/map light does not work
  5. Driver seat shakes at 70 MPH, (bad tires)
  6. 6-7 deep dimples in the back seat (believe they left floor mats with weight on them)
  7. Totally screwed up finance paperwork. (not even signed or downpayment).
I am free and clear to walk, which is very likely.

*************** UPDATE *********************
Just got a call from the Dealer GM. Remember, I picked it up 7-21-2021 at 7pm and returned it 12 hours later, at 7am 7-22-2021. Apparently, service has already found 2 parts the must be replace with no date as to when they can get the parts. They haven't even finished looking at it. The service Director asked sales to call me, likely because significantly more issues or the two are REALLY bad.

In any event, thanks to their own incompetence in finance, I don't actually own the vehicle yet. I politely told them I WOULD NOT buy that truck. They are now looking for an upcoming 2021 4x4 PowerBoost Limited with EVERY option, to keep the deal moving.

I will be taking a very hard look at even buying a new ford. Most likely, I will hold off to order a 2022.

Last edited:

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
I gotta ask, care to share the dealer's name?

Sponsored

NorseFord

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 (2021) SuperCab w/ Tow Package & Generator
2021 F-150 3.5 Eco SuperCab. Interior lights working normal first few weeks. Then with no key Fob in pocket - clicked interior dome lights on and off. Also clicked button to not have lights come on when doors open (amber lit when on) then clicked it off. Opened doors - no lights at all. Went inside got Fob opened doors - nothing. Started truck - turned it off - opened doors - all interior lights came on! Just paused to write this post - went back out to truck with no Fob to see if I was mistaken but nope! Opened door - all lights came on! Wonder if the switches were put into some sort of state of not functioning? I only happened across this because I just programmed a new after market garage door remote and went through 50 different combinations of pressing buttons, put in learn mode, etc that made me think maybe my interior lighting had inadvertently been put in a condition of not working and needed a little “clearing out” to work again? (Though the hardware and wiring problems I’m seeing by others don’t sound good either…..)

Last edited:

Diesel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 2021
Occupation
Retired
I have the same problem with my 2021 F150 with 2.7. No matter what I do I can not get the interior overhead lights to turn on. Picked it up on October 7th and I have less than 500 miles on it, started noticing the dome lights never came on when I opened the doors. All other lights work, just the overhead front and back do not work. Looks like a common problem. My truck was assembled at the Kansas City plant. Hate to do it but will have to take it back to the dealer and get it fixed. Was hoping to find an easy solution/fix on the internet but it doesn't look like there is one.

jayshafer16

First Name
Jamaal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 lariat
Occupation
Ups driver
Well mine was the frayed wire in the harness also that comes from behind the rear view mirror. I also may add I had the vibration with the tires also that was three out of the four tires were bad from dealer. They wouldn't change the fourth one because there was no issue with it. So I have three brand new tires and a partially using them since the truck been purchased.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have the same problem with my 2021 F150 with 2.7. No matter what I do I can not get the interior overhead lights to turn on. Picked it up on October 7th and I have less than 500 miles on it, started noticing the dome lights never came on when I opened the doors. All other lights work, just the overhead front and back do not work. Looks like a common problem. My truck was assembled at the Kansas City plant. Hate to do it but will have to take it back to the dealer and get it fixed. Was hoping to find an easy solution/fix on the internet but it doesn't look like there is one.
Hello. Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage and I’ll look into this light issue for you. Thanks!

Diesel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 2021
Occupation
Retired
Hello. Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage and I’ll look into this light issue for you. Thanks!
How do I send you a private message? Still need help. Just found out the lights in my sun visors are not working either.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
Hey guys - sorry to reignite an older thread. Just got my truck last night and have the same problem. Any chance anyone has tackled it themselves? Or know where the frayed wire is behind the headliner?

Nharp16

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
USAF
Has this issue not been resolved by FORD? I have a 2022 Platinum and my interior lights will not auto come on when I open the door with the FOB in hand. My dome button is active to allow the interior lights to auto come on with no luck.
The lights do work when I have the ignition on or truck on. Manual lights also work.

jloiacono

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Escape and 2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I have same problem. Most of the time they don’t come on when I open a door. Asked dealer today. They are stumped. I feel it has to be a faulty switch or relay in the door.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have same problem. Most of the time they don’t come on when I open a door. Asked dealer today. They are stumped. I feel it has to be a faulty switch or relay in the door.
Good morning! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this interior light concern for you? Thank you!
Sponsored