First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Lights wont come on when i open the door first time of the day, but are working later on. They are not disabled. My truck is sleeping so hard, it apparently cant wake up! Anybody else notice this?
Sponsored

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
Mine does sometimes also maybe once a week. The walk up lights don’t turn on when this is happening also.
There are some radio preset weird stuff that goes on also. It’s only been like this since my truck has been stuck on the 1.7.1 update. Etc.

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Mine does sometimes also maybe once a week. The walk up lights don’t turn on when this is happening also.
There are some radio preset weird stuff that goes on also. It’s only been like this since my truck has been stuck on the 1.7.1 update. Etc.
I've had those walk up welcome lights with automatic running board flip out disabled from day one. Int. lights worked fine till 2 weeks ago. What 1.7.1 update are you talking about?

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
I've had those walk up welcome lights with automatic running board flip out disabled from day one. Int. lights worked fine till 2 weeks ago. What 1.7.1 update are you talking about?
Ya mines random. Ever since it’s got stuck on 1.7.1 update it’s been weird. I’ll chalk it up to that. As before hand it was perfect.
Lots about it on here, lots of threads.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Lights wont come on when i open the door first time of the day, but are working later on. They are not disabled. My truck is sleeping so hard, it apparently cant wake up! Anybody else notice this?
Hello, Pete!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this interior lights concern. Thanks!

Sponsored

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
I've been having the same issue for several days. My chimes also sound different like they do when it's doing a software update.

Zeromarine

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt 302a
I've been having the same issue for several days. My chimes also sound different like they do when it's doing a software update.
Ya same like some old school sound from under the dash.
Also my passenger front door handle won’t lock or unlock when this is happening. (I have the smart key)
It’s so random. I’m sure it’s all connected to the 1.7.1 update that’s stuck and it’s messing with stuff.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
How do you know when a software update is in progress? I'm sure mine never updated yet. I park in the shop and is out of WIFI reach.

Nharp16

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
USAF
I have the same issue with no interior light when engine is off, FOB in hand and I open the door. However, the interior lights do come on when the engine is on or ignition is on And I open the door. The dome button is active and lights fail to come on opening the door. Is this a chronic FORD issue?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have the same issue with no interior light when engine is off, FOB in hand and I open the door. However, the interior lights do come on when the engine is on or ignition is on And I open the door. The dome button is active and lights fail to come on opening the door. Is this a chronic FORD issue?
Hello, Nick! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this interior light concern. Thanks!

Nharp16

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
USAF
Thank you. Message sent

MF150

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150XLT 3.5
2021 F150:
For the past several months we have been without interior lights when opening the doors. Took to the dealer and the attributed to a low state of charge on battery. Load tested battery & it passed.
Brought truck home, opened door, and no lights!

Contacted dealer again - they have not seen this issue before and told me to bring it back again which is scheduled for later this month.

I see several other threads with this same issue of non-working interior lights (perimeter lighting not working either).

Hoping someone can offer advice so dealer can get some ideas of where to look. Thanks.

Mike

jloiacono

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Escape and 2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
This is exactly what I’m experiencing. Very frustrating when it works once and then stops. Who is this asking us for our VIN#’s to help us out. Ford.? Seems to be a LOT of us with this problem. Want my interior lights on these dark winter nights and mornings.

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Even after a new APIM, the interior light don't work most of the time. Junk... I'm officially sick and tired of this thing. At least 25 dealer visits for all sorts of problems. What to order next that's not this bad? Wondering if the F350's are any better....
Sponsored

Last edited: