OP

The_Auto_Tech

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
Mine loaded the as-built for the module just fine and I double checked it according to the as-built information and everything was proper.
Sponsored

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Mine loaded the as-built for the module just fine and I double checked it according to the as-built information and everything was proper.
Thanks for confirming @The_Auto_Tech .... Mine loaded the as-built data from the internet too, but even after serveral key cycles and clearing the DTC, I still have a TRM DTC code.

Did you have to make changes to the BCM and PCM too? It sounds like I need to enable the "Trailer Brake Module" in the IPC too? Here are my current user friendly settings for the IPC...

Ford F-150 Installing factory brake controller? 1704729566883

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
You do need to enable it in the IPC.
Enable it in the IPC? I have the following enabled in the IPC...

Ford F-150 Installing factory brake controller? 1704729773857

Do mean, I need to enable the last property too? As well as figure out the BCM and PCM settings?

OP
OP

The_Auto_Tech

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
Just enable it and see if that fixes it. Some people mentioned having to, but I didn't.

Dale B

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150(on order), SL500, S430, Boxster, 930, CJ5
Occupation
Retired
Seems like an easy mod / addition.....I just hope it will work on my '24 XL RCSB when I get it since the TB isn't even an option 🤞🤞
I have been told that the wiring harness on the 2024’s may not have the wiring in place like in previous models.
They eliminated many options on the newer models so they don’t have a reason to have those wires in the wiring harness. There isn’t an option for the brake controller on any regular cab F150 in 2024.

Sponsored

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Just enable it and see if that fixes it. Some people mentioned having to, but I didn't.
I did…. Added a new DTC failure to the previous TRM DTC…. Test initialization not performed.

OP
OP

The_Auto_Tech

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
I did…. Added a new DTC failure to the previous TRM DTC…. Test initialization not performed.
I have a feeling there's some sort of software issue you're running into with things from the sounds of it. You might want to make a video showing what's going on, or have a fellow member remote into your computer. Which cable are you using and are you sure you have the latest version of FORScan? Are you using the free version?

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I have a feeling there's some sort of software issue you're running into with things from the sounds of it. You might want to make a video showing what's going on, or have a fellow member remote into your computer. Which cable are you using and are you sure you have the latest version of FORScan? Are you using the free version?
I appreciate all the support here..... I'll see if I can make a video. I'm using the OBDLINK EX USB cable connected to a Windows 11 laptop, latest updates, FORScan 2.3.58 (just released on Jan 2nd), not the free version.

Like I said, I've only updated the IPC user friendly settings and loaded the as-built TRM settings.

Based on what @Jesse-Infotainment mentioned about the BCM and PCM I need to update them as well, right?

OP
OP

The_Auto_Tech

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
I appreciate all the support here..... I'll see if I can make a video. I'm using the OBDLINK EX USB cable connected to a Windows 11 laptop, latest updates, FORScan 2.3.58 (just released on Jan 2nd), not the free version.

Like I said, I've only updated the IPC user friendly settings and loaded the as-built TRM settings.

Based on what @Jesse-Infotainment mentioned about the BCM and PCM I need to update them as well, right?
I did not have to change anything on the BCM and PCM. The steps I mentioned were all I did and everything works properly with the brake controller and cluster.

24XL

First Name
Darion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F-150 XL
Occupation
Electrician
I have been told that the wiring harness on the 2024’s may not have the wiring in place like in previous models.
They eliminated many options on the newer models so they don’t have a reason to have those wires in the wiring harness. There isn’t an option for the brake controller on any regular cab F150 in 2024.
Hello all. New to the forum here. I too ordered a 24’ F-150 XL rcsb and you are correct you can not option for the trailer brakes controller. However, if you order the regular cab long bed you can get the trailer brake controller as an option if you order it with the 2.7 engine.

Sponsored

Dale B

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150(on order), SL500, S430, Boxster, 930, CJ5
Occupation
Retired
Hello all. New to the forum here. I too ordered a 24’ F-150 XL rcsb and you are correct you can not option for the trailer brakes controller. However, if you order the regular cab long bed you can get the trailer brake controller as an option if you order it with the 2.7 engine.
I believe that the wiring harness for a RCSB is not the same as a RCLB. Different wiring harness.

24XL

First Name
Darion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F-150 XL
Occupation
Electrician
You may be correct. I didn’t think about that.

Nukem1040

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Noob here. I'm trading in my 22 Platinum Max Tow package and getting a 23 Shelby Supercharged. It had a good amount of the Ford Special work aka; remove everything!! lol. 1st thing first, I need this brake controller set up for my 26' enclosed trailer. Truck is in CA, going back to Vegas for Supercharger, then shipping to my door in CO. From the pictures, I have a tow hitch and the two trailer connector hookup options. I have the coin tray in place of the controller. I know I need the adjuster part and the module. Do I need anything else? What should I expect to pay? Is there a package deal? TIA

OP
OP

The_Auto_Tech

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
I followed @The_Auto_Tech directions and ordered ML3Z-19H332-AB. Truck will be here in about 2 weeks or more so it will give me time to get extra parts that were all deleted.
All I needed was the switch that replaces the coin tray thing and then the new module that replaces the module that's already in there in the driver side kick panel. It's all plug and play, then just need to do the programming. The part number you ordered should have the switch and module in it.
Sponsored