First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 CC 4x4
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Searched this thread but did not find my exact problem...
Had Dealer install TBC...got home connected trailer and Gain did not function! Went back to Dealer and Mechanic confirm he was unable to activate function!
I'm to bring back tomorrow for another try...Any suggestion from the Group on what I should do to see it's done correctly?
Ford F-150 Trailer Brake Controller help... 001_unsure

Thanks
2021 STX 2.7 4x4 Crew Cab
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
With all the teck on the truck and everything has to "TALK" to each other, I would have them make sure that the truck now knows there is a TBC installed and are talking. Also have them contact Ford teck and have them walk the mechanic through trouble shooting. You time is not free, even if you are retired, and bring the truck back a bunch of times is not an option. Or have them remove their TBC and go to a different dealer if they can't get it working as I have a feeling it is not cheap item.

OP
OP
xracer128

xracer128

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 CC 4x4
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
With all the teck on the truck and everything has to "TALK" to each other, I would have them make sure that the truck now knows there is a TBC installed and are talking. Also have them contact Ford teck and have them walk the mechanic through trouble shooting. You time is not free, even if you are retired, and bring the truck back a bunch of times is not an option. Or have them remove their TBC and go to a different dealer if they can't get it working as I have a feeling it is not cheap item.
Thanks for the reply...
My gut is telling me the Tech does not know how to activate the TBC since the 2021's appear to activate differently. Fingers are crossed and I will remain hopeful they can figure it out! ?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Thanks for the reply...
My gut is telling me the Tech does not know how to activate the TBC since the 2021's appear to activate differently. Fingers are crossed and I will remain hopeful they can figure it out! ?
I have had mine since May and it is a learning curve. So I am thinking it i also a learning curve for the tech. I did have an issue with the trailer light check when I first got the truck and it took a couple of trips to the dealer to get fixed. Just a thought and not taking anything away from the tech.

OP
OP
xracer128

xracer128

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 CC 4x4
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I have had mine since May and it is a learning curve. So I am thinking it i also a learning curve for the tech. I did have an issue with the trailer light check when I first got the truck and it took a couple of trips to the dealer to get fixed. Just a thought and not taking anything away from the tech.
Issue corrected...Dealership Owner was pretty knowledgeable with FDRS and showed the 2 Tech's tackling the task what they were missing! My truck had to be Programmed as new install, Tech's were attempting to do module replacement as if my truck was previously programmed for Controller. Took 5 minutes...:oops:
Sponsored