OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
Something in my mind recently while doing yard work, had anyone with the X4 or X4s gotten a load of mulch, gravel, or dirt in the bed? I'm curious on how the side rails may hold up to something getting dumped into the bed.

Unfortunately, my cover is still pending a truck to put it on.
Well I sure wouldn't have them rest a bucket on them. IF you're really concerned it's not difficult to just remove the rails altogether for the trip. Might take 10-15 minutes.
Sponsored

oddlou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Star White Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Something in my mind recently while doing yard work, had anyone with the X4 or X4s gotten a load of mulch, gravel, or dirt in the bed? I'm curious on how the side rails may hold up to something getting dumped into the bed.

Unfortunately, my cover is still pending a truck to put it on.
I've not put anything like what you mention in my bed yet, but the rails become basically an extension of the sides of the bed and are solid. I can't imagine the rails being damaged by mulch, gravel or dirt in a normal use pattern. I suppose you might scratch the rail, but pretty sure you'll be fine otherwise.

RedSEA44

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Power engineer
Hey guys I’m just wondering, I have a 2018 F150 Raptor with the 5.5 box... anywhere is look the smallest size the new BAK X4S comes in is 5.7... is this a mistake or is the 5.7 the correct size for a 5.5 box. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t have this box size as it is pretty standard on a super cab Ford. I just don’t want to order this cover and it be .2 too long!

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
Hey guys I’m just wondering, I have a 2018 F150 Raptor with the 5.5 box... anywhere is look the smallest size the new BAK X4S comes in is 5.7... is this a mistake or is the 5.7 the correct size for a 5.5 box. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t have this box size as it is pretty standard on a super cab Ford. I just don’t want to order this cover and it be .2 too long!
Yup, I installed one on my boss's 2018 Raptor after he saw mine on my '21 PB Platinum. Same fitment as mine, and he's had is for a month or so now, and I'd have heard about it if he wasn't happy. And yes, the 5.7 is what you want if you have a 5-1/2' bed.

RedSEA44

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Power engineer
Yup, I installed one on my boss's 2018 Raptor after he saw mine on my '21 PB Platinum. Same fitment as mine, and he's had is for a month or so now, and I'd have heard about it if he wasn't happy. And yes, the 5.7 is what you want if you have a 5-1/2' bed.
Thanks for the quick help/response Rich !

Sponsored

MCHammer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Supercrew (3.5L EcoBoost)
I bought a Bak X4s, but am having trouble with the install. The bed rails are too far apart for the cover to fit reliably in the tracks. I’ve even tried shimming them a little closer together, but still having issues with the fit.

Has anyone encountered this and/or have a fix?

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
I bought a Bak X4s, but am having trouble with the install. The bed rails are too far apart for the cover to fit reliably in the tracks. I’ve even tried shimming them a little closer together, but still having issues with the fit.

Sorry, man, no. And I've installed 3 of them now - I'd reach out to your vendor. Something ain't right.

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance

I agree, something seriously wrong. Almost has to be that you got one for a diff truck model, what else could explain that....? Didn't wash it in hot water or anything did you? Good news is there's not a single microchip involved, so they'll be able to shoot you another without a 4 month delay. That does suck, bet you were looking forward to getting that done this weekend. Mine went on easy and is super nice looking & well functioning so far. So it'll be worth the wait at least.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Finally got to test the new X4s with a loaded bed and I love it! It’s nice to be able to roll it out of the way and still be able to see out of the rear window.
Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover 0A8534A4-8640-47EF-B707-E3DC7FB2AFBF

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
Is anyone else having issues where the rail meets the tailgate? Both my rails had the rubber coming off the rail when I closed the tailgate, looks like the adhesive wasn’t done properly. I managed to gorilla glue one side and don’t have issues anymore but the other side doesn’t seem to stick, anyone else having this issue?
Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover 32F2792D-1A67-4B96-BBED-DC62479CCA4B
Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover D1AC4183-C02D-4B36-A746-0C22E463F041
Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover 7BE4E112-BDD7-43D6-8DEE-D9FD6814DA71

Sponsored

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
My auto down works and I can close it with it down. I would say you are hoot to go.

C8AEDCD2-00FD-4CDD-B719-A97449BF26DC.jpeg

0B472E78-09E1-422F-B4EA-DCDCE5D80EE6.jpeg
How far is does that 'roll' stick out into the bed? I have the mini and just curious, sorry if you have already answered this.

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
Is anyone else having issues where the rail meets the tailgate? Both my rails had the rubber coming off the rail when I closed the tailgate, looks like the adhesive wasn’t done properly. I managed to gorilla glue one side and don’t have issues anymore but the other side doesn’t seem to stick, anyone else having this issue?
32F2792D-1A67-4B96-BBED-DC62479CCA4B.jpeg
D1AC4183-C02D-4B36-A746-0C22E463F041.jpeg
7BE4E112-BDD7-43D6-8DEE-D9FD6814DA71.jpeg

I had to glue mine and then put a little silicone spray on the top of the tailgate.........Stays put now

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
I had to glue mine and then put a little silicone spray on the top of the tailgate.........Stays put now
Perfect thanks! I reached out to Bak and they are sending me a new rail so I will do the same.

bri134

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F350
Occupation
Active Duty Military
Perfect thanks! I reached out to Bak and they are sending me a new rail so I will do the same.
I just installed mine yesterday and have the same thing you do, plus the adhesive nearest the drivers side cab is not what it should be.

Was the Customer Support from Bak easy to deal with?

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
I just installed mine yesterday and have the same thing you do, plus the adhesive nearest the drivers side cab is not what it should be.

Was the Customer Support from Bak easy to deal with?
Yes, super easy to deal with! They sent me new rails hassle free, haven't had a chance to installed them yet but I will send an update here tomorrow when I do. One thing they did recommend was for us to install the rails while the tailgate is closed. This way it is adjust properly and we don't have that issue anymore. This info would have been good to know before installing but I cant remember seeing it anywhere on the instructions or videos I've seen. After this experience I highly recommend Bak as a company, they stand behind their product!
Sponsored