Sponsored

BAKFlip F1 or Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover - reviews / experience?

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
Does anyone have experience with the BAKFlip F1 tonneau cover? I searched and didn't come up with much. Online reviews seem mixed with the negative ones sighting durability issues with parts over time. Would something like the hard roll up Revolver X4s be a better choice?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
Does anyone have experience with the BAKFlip F1 tonneau cover? I searched and didn't come up with much. Reviews seem mixed with the negative ones sighting durability issues with parts over time. Would something like the hard roll up Revolver be a better choice?
While I don’t have experience with the F1, I do have experience with the x4s revolver. I like it and it holds up well! We have one on my wife’s 2019 and I have one one my 2022. I recommend it.

Truckstuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have the bakflip. Not sure which model. Also had one on my last truck. To me the panels seemed to take up less space and are easy.

The one on my last truck didn’t seem to fit great (ram). Maybe it was something on install I don’t know

the one on my f150 I’m really happy with the fit and operation Only thing is I haven’t had either one long term so I can’t comment there. Also I’m down south so no harsh winters or freezing temps to worry about.

jamill

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat & 2020 GMC Acadia SLT
Occupation
Pipeline Operator
My only hang up with stuff like the BAKFlip has been blocking the back window. I have a x4s that I have loved and when it’s rolled up, I can still see through my back window. Plus I like the “seamless” look versus where the BAKFlip folds.

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
I have the F1 on my current truck and had a mx4 on my last truck, which is the same frame and the MX4 is aluiminun skin and F1 is fibreglass. I have had zero issue with both of the them but the F1 is only three months old.

the MX4 can dent with hail so if you live in an area that is hail prone get the F1.

I dont like the roll-ups myself but they both have pros and cons so you need to decide on that front. Bakflip is solid product from my experienc.

OP
OP
Je1279

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
Thank you all. I did not put enough value on being able to see out the rear window when the cover is fully opened and I have a bed full of items. Because of this, I have elected to go with the Revolver X4s.
Sponsored