First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Occupation
Architect
Thanks to @Stage3Motorsports - got my BAK Revolver X4S tonneau cover and BedRug liner kit right around the same time as my new truck was being delivered last week. Actually, the BedRug arrived 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule, and the tonneau would’ve arrived same day as the truck if it weren’t for FedEx taking 3 days to make a 3-hour drive. Regardless, everything got here A-OK and I was able to get them installed over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Very pleased with how it all turned out. Other solutions will definitely work better for other people, but I felt like this will be the best combo for my intended use.
  • I’m coming from a long line of SUVs–this is my first truck—and I have an open 5x10 utility trailer for the messy stuff, so I’ll be using the bed as a giant trunk for the most part.
  • I thought long and hard about going Line-X and bed mat but really liked the idea of full carpeting throughout, and if my needs/usage patterns change, I can always pull the BedRug out and add the spray-in at that point.
  • I seriously considered several tri- and quad-fold tonneaus, with the Leer HF650M being one of my top choices, but ultimately I just wasn’t comfortable with blocking the back window when fully open.
  • I also looked at the retractable, but with the shorter 5.5’ bed, I didn’t want to give up the canister volume. I also felt like it would probably be heavier, and I’m trying to preserve payload where I can.
  • The BAK Revolver X4S reviews were generally very positive—seems to seal well, seems to be as secure as any of them can be, and it’s relatively compact when open.

The BedRug installation is pretty easy but took me a while because of all the hardware to be removed inside the bed. My cuts around the light fixtures got off a smidge, but not enough to matter visually. The Revolver installation was a breeze by comparison.

Photos of the final result:
Ford F-150 New BAK Revolver X4S + BedRug liner A7C3644D-A911-4CAE-A20A-45B2CE47B498

Ford F-150 New BAK Revolver X4S + BedRug liner 6E2FDA7B-66E7-4946-B646-56DC59B7C895

Ford F-150 New BAK Revolver X4S + BedRug liner D2EC0B2A-1BD3-450D-B645-6E18B11C1B2D
Sponsored

Br549

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402a torsen
Looks great! keep the rest of the community up to date on how you like this combination. I’m considering this combination myself.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Agree, that looks great. I went with the MX4 Flip Tonneau by BAKFlip and BedRug Classic. Not worried with the flip tonneau covering rear window since I can see what's behind me while driving at highway speeds on the 12" screen.

Javashot1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Warehousing
I have both of these in storage now waiting on my truck to get here.. It will be my first Bed Rug but second Bak Revolver. My first was the Revolver 2 and it held up well to hard use for three years.
Sponsored