Sponsored

oddlou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Star White Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
I had this EXACT problem at the exact same spot. Real Trucks is doing a replacement for the entire system. I had to ship it back but as soon as I got it to Fedex, then they shipped a new one to me. I am still waiting on the new one. I assume it was a bad batch of these.
BAK just sent me the cover again, so I didn't have to reinstall anything but the cover itself. I had to "destroy" the top and send them a few pictures. I just cut up the vinyl on the top, sent the pic, and they sent the new one. Installed the new one and it's perfect
Sponsored

Roll.Tide

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Installed my new Revolver X4s truck cover on my Smoked Quartz King Ranch. I had a Revolver x2 on my previous 2017 XLT which I liked but it had a couple of flaws both of which have been addressed in the X4s.

I like the Revolver covers as they seem provide a little better security a typical tonneau cover. Constructed of aluminum allows an evenly distributed 300lbs on top of the cover when closed. I enjoy that when it's rolled up against the cab it doesn't block your entire view out the back window like most bakflip type covers.

The two problems I had with the original version centered around the heavy felt used on the backside of the cover that you used to roll up the cover. After a few hot summers in the Texas sun, the adhesive on the felt backing gave way and the felt came off of the cover. While Bak Industries had a replacement kit, based on reviews this adhesive also failed.

On the new X4s, they have ditched the felt and gone with a more rubberized material that seems to be attached much better than the original felt. Only time will tell how the new backing holds up, but at first blush this seems like a marked improvement.

The second problem with the original cover was the strap latches used to secure the rolled up cover at the front of the bed. These were typical plastic male/female buckle claps that proved awkward latching against the rolled cover. Bak has ditched the traditional buckles and gone with a T shape handle that's inserted into a slot and rotated 90 degress to lock it in. This seems much easier and more secure. Again nice improvement.

Last not really a failing of the original model, but a convenient improvement on the design are the plastic hand knobs rather the original metal nuts. This means the rollable cover can now be removed quickly and easily without the need for any tools.

So far I'm very happy with my purchase. Well done Bak/Truck Hero

Here are some pics.

20210323_160302.jpg

20210323_160437.jpg

20210323_160502.jpg

20210323_160506.jpg
i have the identical truck on order, yours looks awesome. Does the power tailgate work with the cove? How’s it holding up?

Roll.Tide

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
So, I emailed them the pictures and they took care of me. They immediately sent me another cover (without the rails). I just had to destroy the old one (I cut up the top) and send them a picture to keep my current warranty. Easy peasy. Excellent company that stands by their product.
I probably missed this but who did you buy from? Great to know company’s that really care about customer satisfaction. These are the people I want to do business with!

tmyarb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 screw Lariat
Occupation
retired
i have the identical truck on order, yours looks awesome. Does the power tailgate work with the cove? How’s it holding up?
I have the smoked quartz KR as well with the auto-tailgate and it seems to work just fine.

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
What is the distance between the rolled up cover and the inside of the tailgate, on the short box? I carry BB plywood that is 5'x5' and wondering if I would need to remove the cover or will it fit with it rolled up. Thanks in advance for the info.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
holding up great and yes the power tailgate works fine

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I installed mine this week and my power tailgate works as well. I feel like the install instructions could have been a little better, but I like the cover so far. I may make a slight adjustment after this weekend or next rain we get, but so far so good.

Voss

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PB Lariat
I bought a Bak X4s, but am having trouble with the install. The bed rails are too far apart for the cover to fit reliably in the tracks. I’ve even tried shimming them a little closer together, but still having issues with the fit.

Has anyone encountered this and/or have a fix?
I'm having the same issue, it seems like the cover is at least an inch too short in the width. I'm also having an issue with the rails, they seem a bit too long and I can't close the tailgate. Thinking I got the wrong parts. Did you get yours figured out? Did they send you a new one?

silva10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Fusion and 2019 Hyundai Sonata
I ordered mine today. Got it for $850 before taxes and free shipping(ordered from bakflip.com).
If anybody is still interested, just ask on the chat that you saw somebody on the forum getting this price. At least it worked for me.
I saw some folks getting it as low as $815 before taxes, but $850 still not too bad.
Another point is, the individual on the chat said it would take somewhere around 2-4 weeks to ship it, few minutes later got an email saying it will be delivered between 12/27th-31st.

Sponsored

Plattypuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost Rapid red
I'm having the same issue, it seems like the cover is at least an inch too short in the width. I'm also having an issue with the rails, they seem a bit too long and I can't close the tailgate. Thinking I got the wrong parts. Did you get yours figured out? Did they send you a new one?
I’m thinking you got the wrong rails. I just installed mine last weekend and as long as they are snug up against the front of the bed, it fits perfectly. The only other thing that I can think of is if you put the weatherstripping on the “back” of the bed front rather than on top. There’s a few great YouTube videos on installing it they may give you a hint if you did something wrong

Plattypuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost Rapid red
I ordered mine today. Got it for $850 before taxes and free shipping(ordered from bakflip.com).
If anybody is still interested, just ask on the chat that you saw somebody on the forum getting this price. At least it worked for me.
I saw some folks getting it as low as $815 before taxes, but $850 still not too bad.
Another point is, the individual on the chat said it would take somewhere around 2-4 weeks to ship it, few minutes later got an email saying it will be delivered between 12/27th-31st.
Reach out to Frank @Stage3Motorsports to see if he can help. Their a sponsor of this forum and we should try to support them if their pricing is fair. I have purchased 2 things from them including my x4s and had a good experience

SakerlinaGuy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR
Does this cover have the “drain tubes” or is it “self shedding” like some of the trifold covers? I like the top being a single “sheet” without the seams across the hard folding covers but want to avoid the drain tubes.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Does this cover have the “drain tubes” or is it “self shedding” like some of the trifold covers? I like the top being a single “sheet” without the seams across the hard folding covers but want to avoid the drain tubes.
There are no drain tubes.

elk275

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum FX4 W/BAP
I ordered a 2021 Platinum and bought a BAK revolver X4s for it. My order got changed to a 2022 so hoping cover will fit whenever my 2022 arrives
Sponsored