First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 screw Lariat
Occupation
retired
Has anyone had experience with preventing dust from getting all over everything in the bed? I went from a soft roll-up to a hard tri-fold on my 2015 screw, but the tools and things I keep in the back still get dusty. (I frequently travel a mile section of dirt/gravel road) I'm soon to pull the trigger on a '21 KR and would like to do it as right as can be done from the get-go on sealing it up.
Sponsored

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
I just installed this same cover based on your photos. I used truckalterations.com and contacted them for a great discount as well. I was torn between the X4 and the X4s, and glad I went with the s.

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
Has anyone had experience with preventing dust from getting all over everything in the bed? I went from a soft roll-up to a hard tri-fold on my 2015 screw, but the tools and things I keep in the back still get dusty. (I frequently travel a mile section of dirt/gravel road) I'm soon to pull the trigger on a '21 KR and would like to do it as right as can be done from the get-go on sealing it up.
The dust is probably entering through your tailgate.
A tailgate seal should mostly eliminate the issue.
Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover 1617120468593

Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover 1617120486867

Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover 1617120507347

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
The dust is probably entering through your tailgate.
A tailgate seal should mostly eliminate the issue.
1617120468593.png

1617120486867.png

1617120507347.png
this looks like a good solution, probably would help with water as well. To the extent any water got in my old revolver x2 it was at the tailgate.

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
this looks like a good solution, probably would help with water as well. To the extent any water got in my old revolver x2 it was at the tailgate.
Agree.
After carwashes I noticed water outside of where my seal is, but none inside after I installed the seal.

Sponsored

vCpu

First Name
vCpu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
That’s good to know. It’s likely an issue on Truxedo’s side when they packed it. Wanted to get it on before a road trip. Any idea if I can grab them local anywhere?
Support responded on Thursday that they had reached out to the manufacture. I was provided shipping Tuesday and the part showed up today. Good experience with RealTruck.com.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Would you guys recommend this over the hard tri fold designs? I'm assuming its just as secure for potential break ins since its made of aluminum? Looking at either the X4s or undercover armor flex.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
The reason I wanted a roll up vs folding was so that having the bed uncovered left it fully accessible. With the folding covers, you either block the rear window or lose 1-2' of bed space unless you remove the cover. The roll up covers you only miss out on 6-8" of bed space and you can still see out the window.

Soft rolling covers are less restrictive and lighter, but I've read that over time, the cover will stretch to the point that it no longer stays taught and then it just flaps in the wind. Hard covers don't have the same problem.

From a security standpoint, the hard folding covers are probably a little more secure since there are fewer soft areas to cut through. However, the hard roll up cover isn't that much less secure since it still has metal slats.

Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
The reason I wanted a roll up vs folding was so that having the bed uncovered left it fully accessible. With the folding covers, you either block the rear window or lose 1-2' of bed space unless you remove the cover. The roll up covers you only miss out on 6-8" of bed space and you can still see out the window.

Soft rolling covers are less restrictive and lighter, but I've read that over time, the cover will stretch to the point that it no longer stays taught and then it just flaps in the wind. Hard covers don't have the same problem.

From a security standpoint, the hard folding covers are probably a little more secure since there are fewer soft areas to cut through. However, the hard roll up cover isn't that much less secure since it still has metal slats.
Very well said, I was set on a hard tri fold design for better security thinking all roll up covers were easy to break into but after seeing this hard rolling cover design I am very intrigued.

Berkfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLRU

Is there a way to leave the hard roll covers rolled only part way?

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is there a way to leave the hard roll covers rolled only part way?
Not very efficiently, I suppose you could devise a few clips that could hold it in a particular position without a lot of effort, but no method out of the box I'm aware of to hold partially open.

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Would you guys recommend this over the hard tri fold designs? I'm assuming its just as secure for potential break ins since its made of aluminum? Looking at either the X4s or undercover armor flex.
I personally prefer it over the trifold designs, I would rate the protection level as equal to or better than the trifolds. With that said, any thief with enough "want to" could get into any of these covers. Not unlike breaking a window to the truck itself. They definitely remove things from sight and make them more difficult.

gemini

First Name
Mehdi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Lariat 4x4, '18 Tesla SP100D, '17 MX-5 RF
I was torn between the X4 and the X4s, and glad I went with the s.
I'm very interested in purchasing one of these rolling covers for my truck, but I've not been able to find the difference between the X4 and X4s. Can you describe the differences, please? Or, point me to a page where I can find more info?

Thank you!
Sponsored