i am really getting envious of the hybrid powerboost and others

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I was looking at the bedrug website, I have a spray-in liner that came with the truck. I'm seeing two different versions, one for drop-in liner and one for spray in, there's quite a price difference, I'm wondering what the real difference is, and if I would be okay getting the cheaper version, I was at first thinking it was just adhesion promoter which I can figure that out, did you purchase the more expensive one? I hate to spend extra money for no reason.
I impulse purchased the bedrug because someone on the forum pointed out that Amazon had a temporary price drop on the 6.5' bed version.

Ford F-150 i am really getting envious of the hybrid powerboost and others Screenshot_20230624_201829_Amazon Shoppin

The current price on the same listing is much higher now.

Ford F-150 i am really getting envious of the hybrid powerboost and others Screenshot_20230624_201754_Amazon Shoppin

Note the reference to BRZSPRAYON kit. It's just a bag of stickier prep juice and wide strips of velcro.
I found using a heat gun carefully allowed me to "shape" the rug for the most drastic bends. I also removed all fixtures and mounting bolts and mounted everything over the top of the rug. Of course that means I can't remove the rug very easily.

By the way, I had a sprayin liner under all this extra protection. I obviously didn't think it all through originally. 🙄🤣
Sponsored

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
I impulse purchased the bedrug because someone on the forum pointed out that Amazon had a temporary price drop on the 6.5' bed version.

The current price on the same listing is much higher now.

Note the reference to BRZSPRAYON kit. It's just a bag of stickier prep juice and wide strips of velcro.
I found using a heat gun carefully allowed me to "shape" the rug for the most drastic bends. I also removed all fixtures and mounting bolts and mounted everything over the top of the rug. Of course that means I can't remove the rug very easily.

By the way, I had a sprayin liner under all this extra protection. I obviously didn't think it all through originally. 🙄🤣
I don't see an opening from PPoB. Is there one?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No sir. But really easy to create the cutout yourself. It's dark now, so can't get a picture. But it's really easy to feeeeel the hole in the trucks bed and simply insert your blade into it and carefully remove the appropriate amount of material from the rug.

The PPob panel has a nice overhang around the hole and covers the cutout well. It looks professional when mounted over the rug.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I have to open the hood to power it up
I'm trying not to involve the PB's 12Vdc bus unless absolutely necessary. It has enough troubles without me hooking up to the main AGM terminals. There is ample power available through the PPoB system. Makita has a 1HP 58dB compressor as well I was looking at. I'm learning with my small shop vac that having enough hose to leave them in the bed might be the way to go. You just have to be careful of your paint as you move around the vehicle to vacuum or air up your tires etc. Maybe a couple lightweight mechanics blankets or something. I don't know...

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I don't see an opening from PPoB. Is there one?
What Snake said about the PPoB panel. The LED bed lighting was more difficult and my cutouts aren't as good as I'd hoped, but functionally there is no issue. I also didn't cut out the plastic tailgate thing. It's just BedRug now with the reasonably useless work surface thing underneath it. Cleats are on top like the PPoB.

Sponsored

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
... I do have a via air compressor but I have to open the hood to power it up...
IIRC, someone on this forum attached a small (golf cart sized?) 12V Lithium battery to their Viair compressor with large zip ties.

Like you, I already own and really like the Viair unit. Having a power source always with the compressor sounds like the way to go. You will have air wherever you carry the unit!

When I do this I'll post with my results and the battery used.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
120/240 rolling PowerGrid is the game changer for tool purchases.

I too wanted to replace my 12V NOISY and slow air compressor, but didn't want anything too big.

Took a chance on this little 1 gallon Harbor Freight rig, thinking if it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, I'd just put it in the barn with all my other collectables. 🙄😜

Man is it quiet! Stunningly quiet.
I love it for what it is.
And it fits in my truck bed toolbox, for when I am going to travel. When I don't have the truck bed toolbox in the truck, I can stuff it in the Rigid portable toolbox on wheels.

Screenshot_20230624_104008_Chrome.jpg

I've already used it for all kinds of things from airing up pool floats to topping off tires on the tractor.
This has me thinking about breaking my wallet out again. Why do you do this to me regularly ??!?!?!?! LOL :)

Actually, they have the 2gal on sale for $20 more than the 1gal. I am tempted to upgrade from the 3gal pancake HF Central Pneumatic one we have since it is crazy loud, takes forever to fill up and stay full when airing up truck or TT tires just a few pounds in each. Not sure if the 1gal would be enough or if we should go with the 2gal. Guess time to make a trip to HF and check them out.

Cool video below:

https://www.harborfreight.com/air-t...-hand-carry-jobsite-air-compressor-64596.html

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You should put me on ignore. 🤣
(so many in my world have)

The 2 gallon wouldn't fit in my plastic waterproof box I often throw in the bed when my full size bed toolbox isn't in the truck. (I only carry the full size toolbox if I "go on the road". :)

As far as 1 gallon being enough for tires..... I don't get the feeling this compressor is going to run as hot as many of the 12V compressors do. And it fills that 1 gallon up to 120psi in a moment.

And yea, I have a couple of those 3 gallon pancakes. While they can take a beating for years, both of mine are loud.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
Since the thread has already been hijaked ...

On compressors, I already have a couple of the 12V versions. Over a span of a couple decades, one has been used a few times, More for air mattresses than tires. the other one, never.

So, I'm not really in a hurry to go buy another but if I was, those that have the adjustable PSI shut offs would go to the top of the list.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hijacked?
I mean it's rather common and I'm the worst offender EVER.

But this thread is literally about Powerboost Envy.
Discussing anything running on Powerboost 120/240V is literally right in the bullseye of that envy.

I should know!
I sat bundled 3 days in my 12F RV (inside!) during the Texas Freeze (oh the irony now) reading about that life saving power distribution panel in the bed of some strange F150.

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Hijacked?
I mean it's rather common and I'm the worst offender EVER.

But this thread is literally about Powerboost Envy.
Discussing anything running on Powerboost 120/240V is literally right in the bullseye of that envy.

I should know!
I sat bundled 3 days in my 12F RV (inside!) during the Texas Freeze (oh the irony now) reading about that life saving power distribution panel in the bed of some strange F150.
Well you may have missed that deep freeze but at least your RV is not 95 inside with that heat you guys are getting. If your state grid goes out, you can keep your home cool with the KRS PB. All for a fraction of the gas you would use with a regular gas generator.

The efficiency of the PB to produce watts is amazing.

Next on the list is a coffee maker for your garage and one of those NuWave induction cooktops and you can have your breakfast while your neighbors drool with envy in the heat. Just like to OP is doing. :)

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
This has me thinking about breaking my wallet out again. Why do you do this to me regularly ??!?!?!?! LOL :)

Actually, they have the 2gal on sale for $20 more than the 1gal. I am tempted to upgrade from the 3gal pancake HF Central Pneumatic one we have since it is crazy loud, takes forever to fill up and stay full when airing up truck or TT tires just a few pounds in each. Not sure if the 1gal would be enough or if we should go with the 2gal. Guess time to make a trip to HF and check them out.

Cool video below:

https://www.harborfreight.com/air-t...-hand-carry-jobsite-air-compressor-64596.html
If I remember correctly the 2 gal version weights close to 50 lbs and the 1 gal version weights under 30. I was considering that same thing as the 2 gal was significantly better (faster) but that extra weight knocked me back to the 1 gal version. Now I just have to find a sale, no hurry.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I've been looking at that compressor for a while. One of these days when I can pause time, I wanted to take that thing apart and find a way to hide it within bed with the tanks under the vehicle to really one-up the air system due to the speed of it. It runs circles around 12v and battery powered compressors. Perhaps finding a way to lock the motor/pump assembly into one of the 4 bed accessory lock-in areas is the way to do it.

Given its utility, I'm not at all surprised to see @Snakebitten uses it.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey, that's a great idea!
Broken down, it's actually a fairly compact assortment of components. It'd be fun to turn it on and watch the gauges fill, all while anyone witnessing it would barely even hear a hum. :)

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Hey, that's a great idea!
Broken down, it's actually a fairly compact assortment of components. It'd be fun to turn it on and watch the gauges fill, all while anyone witnessing it would barely even hear a hum. :)
The 2 biggest points is that the tank is steel (aluminum ones are available) and it's welded to the little frame.
Sponsored