Sponsored

anyone regretting getting the powerboost?

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
Machine Designer - Ford Motor Co.
I also love the PB. It has been everything I had imagined. I have a small farm and a house in the mountains. The ability to have electricity on demand at any location is amazing, ability to boon-dock with my TT makes camping a completely new experience for me and my wife ( we go for privacy, not to make “new friends” and socialize).

The truck has been flawless. I wish the cooling capacity was better, so I do not have to micromanage the ECT when towing, but that is the biggest shortcoming I have experienced so far and it is manageable given the other advantages the PB provides. To have a fully adequate cooling system would be the complete package for me.
i totally agree, feel pretty much the same way. i got a new TT in March, the PB makes destinations, virtually unlimited. i get away for privacy too, so now i can go where other campers cannot.
i've also used ito to power my neighbors house duraing power outages this past spring.

Ford F-150 anyone regretting getting the powerboost? 20230331_174815
Sponsored

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I love my powerboost. I love the technology. I love the sync interface.

I hate the fact that I can't get it serviced.
My dealer won't touch it. In fact all three dealerships won't work on it.

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch standard; PowerBoost; 2WD; 7.2Kw
I love my powerboost. I love the technology. I love the sync interface.

I hate the fact that I can't get it serviced.
My dealer won't touch it. In fact all three dealerships won't work on it.
I am using a rural Louisiana dealer, closer than East Texas purchase dealer. They say they have trained technicians, but are definitely on the front of the learning curve. Replaced a defective battery for Full Accessory lock, so far so good. Oil change and tire rotation. I did not ask for SSN fix download- I want them to have more experience. They did secure and pad the emergency brake cable.
Experience is coming- 5PB on lot with more on order.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The SSN patch shouldn't be a challenge at this point. I wouldn't think.

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch standard; PowerBoost; 2WD; 7.2Kw
The SSN patch shouldn't be a challenge at this point. I wouldn't think.
I agree unless they are still learning (I don't want to be their first update).
Supposedly, there were no codes that popped up.
I still use 2 step start or remote start 99% of the time.

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Bye bye Powerboost. Ram hits it out of the park with this. I'm still very happy with my GMC but if I get bored, this is right at the top of my list. My 2019 Ram Limited 4X4 was a great truck and with the new Tungsten trim I could be all in.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/revolution/ram-1500-ramcharger.html

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
My only regret is that Ford did not make it a drop in for powering a house. Further the attitude of Ford when approached via my dealer, a good one, was too bad, so sad... it's for job sites. In all other respects its flawless. I suppose they could do something about the headwind fuel mileage...

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
You're kinda late to the party.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ced-the-hybrid-ford-should-be-building.20427/

By the way, your personal anti-Powerboost glee shows through.

Yeah, I just don't get it; then again, I frequent zero car forums for which I don't actually own the vehicle- so I guess I'll never understand.

Relating your personal Powerboost horror story is fine- I'd submit it's good to let folks know. But trolling the forum of a truck you may not even own any longer to make sure EVERYONE knows that all Powerboost's suck is just simple.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired

Sponsored

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
Wow. What a troll.

Enjoy your future lifter issues. Karma is a mother.

So. I've seen new guys with the wrong gen F150 get booted here. This guy doesn't even have a Ford at all. Just here to talk shit. Hmm....

I'm not sure if you know this- but he owns a '23 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l. You know- the truck you wished you had.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
I may have heard a rumor.

So he certainly should be welcome to constantly talk shit about Fords. Because everyone here hates them.

Thanks for informing me that I should wish for worn out lifters at 80,000 miles and not being able to see over the hood, with a premium fuel only requirement. Sometimes I forget stuff.

:LOL:
Ha it's all good. I just like to poke the bear around here. This should be listed as the F150 fanboy site. The other big F150 site is still enthusiasts but not as fanboy.
I've probably owned more F series trucks than you are old but just because I've owned so many, doesn't make me a fanboy. Ford has been resting on their laurels for too long and I think both Ram and GM have caught and past Ford in many areas.
My eyes were wide open about a potential lifter failure and am willing to accept it. One, if one fails, the dealers know how to make the repair without weeks of scratching their heads. Two, I won't own the truck beyond the powertrain warranty and likely not beyond the 3/36.
If my GMC got stolen or wrecked, I'd buy another once the new Ram Ramcharger is released, I could certainly see myself looking seriously at it if I'm bored with looking at the Denali dash.

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
Ha it's all good. I just like to poke the bear around here. This should be listed as the F150 fanboy site. The other big F150 site is still enthusiasts but not as fanboy.
I've probably owned more F series trucks than you are old but just because I've owned so many, doesn't make me a fanboy. Ford has been resting on their laurels for too long and I think both Ram and GM have caught and past Ford in many areas.
My eyes were wide open about a potential lifter failure and am willing to accept it. One, if one fails, the dealers know how to make the repair without weeks of scratching their heads. Two, I won't own the truck beyond the powertrain warranty and likely not beyond the 3/36.
If my GMC got stolen or wrecked, I'd buy another once the new Ram Ramcharger is released, I could certainly see myself looking seriously at it if I'm bored with looking at the Denali dash.

No worries man- and in all honesty- those GMC's really look like awesome trucks -and I might be in one if I hadn't decided the F150 PB drivetrain was better and offered more utility. I think I'd be pretty sour too if my purchase experience had gone like yours.

It's just my opinion, but as we enter the 4th model year of this platform, many of the issues you (and others) unfortunately experienced are either more easily diagnosed at this point - SSN, BMS/battery issues, Max Tow bolt Shears- or have all but disappeared in frequency (Heat exchanger, Transmission/Shift logic, B&O Unleashed issues)- and many aren't even unique to the PB platform. Seems disingenuous at this point is all I am saying.

You've also stated above- and other places- that you'd never buy another Ford Product- so it doesn't appear you have much use for Ford's future offerings either....Just seems odd that you'd rather root against my team than cheer for yours- but if you wanna keep pickin' at that scab that's up to you.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
No worries man- and in all honesty- those GMC's really look like awesome trucks -and I might be in one if I hadn't decided the F150 PB drivetrain was better and offered more utility. I think I'd be pretty sour too if my purchase experience had gone like yours.

It's just my opinion, but as we enter the 4th model year of this platform, many of the issues you (and others) unfortunately experienced are either more easily diagnosed at this point - SSN, BMS/battery issues, Max Tow bolt Shears- or have all but disappeared in frequency (Heat exchanger, Transmission/Shift logic, B&O Unleashed issues)- and many aren't even unique to the PB platform. Seems disingenuous at this point is all I am saying.

You've also stated above- and other places- that you'd never buy another Ford Product- so it doesn't appear you have much use for Ford's future offerings either....Just seems odd that you'd rather root against my team than cheer for yours- but if you wanna keep pickin' at that scab that's up to you.
I am down on the F Series trucks for sure. But I still pull for Ford in NASCAR. They cleaned house this year - trucks, Xfinity and Cup. Really happy Blaney won. I also might buy a 1969 Mustang Mach 1 if the right one for me comes available.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It always amazes me that if you have a make/model and you are fortunate enough to NOT have problems, and you post that you don't have problems, then those that do have problems label you a fanboy. 🤔

I could swear it would make them happy, possibly ecstatic, if something DID break on my truck. That's such an odd place to relate to. I don't want anyone to have a problem with their Ford, Chevy, Ram, Toyota, Nissan.

Really, I don't. How do I prosper from such a thing?
Sponsored