Sponsored

Whats the point of hybrid?

Randomseed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 King Ranch Powerboost (on order)
Haha. I bought it for the generator and the technology and enough room to bring home tequila.
Are you me?
also boondocking off the generator is primo
Sponsored

Randomseed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As for your question about why get a powerboost:

2.) the wow factor at the gas station when you tell the ladies you drive an $80,000 hybrid pickup, (no joke this actually happens especially in a king ranch)
which gas station…..asking for a friend.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
at lease you folks have your truck I'm still waiting 17-18 months my truck started as a 21 order and folks have received 23 truck and I'm still waiting my dealer is speechless I'm an electrical contractor that has always bought ford for business and personal vehicles im just lucky i have multiple vehicles due to the buisness
I don't get it.
Regardless of some of the waits others have described, as well as my own 6 month adventure, that just screams something could have been done differently.

You have incredible tenacity to have not just purchased 1 of the 2 million+ trucks that have been built in that time span. (Ford/GM/Ram/Toy)

Randomseed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. These days biggest draw is good smelling leather, max recline seats, and massage option. Plus the cool factor.
So that’s why the recline and massagers ran out of stock

Sponsored

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Driding this new truck for a few days. Playing around with electric/ice. Kind if cool but performance of electric from green light is dismal. No matter how I drive I can't get to speed under electric mode fast enough to keep people behind me from honking.
Once I get to speed and wait electric starts. It's the first start that confuses me. What's the of breaking and getting the congrats about recovering 95% during breaking if I the truck doesn't use it to move from stop?
Maybe I just don't understand the concept.
The hybrid motor is always helping. Just because the engine starts doesn't mean you're not getting help and efficiency.

OP
OP

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I'm frustrated that my pb reverts to normal driving mode when I start the truck again instead of staying where I had it when u shut it off. If I was driving in sport mode I find it in normal mode but with 4wd ingaged upon next start.
If the truck would stay in the drive mode I was in I could set it to mud, snow, tow. Anything that keeps the ice on at all times. That way when I do remote start in winter the engine woukd be warm.
Now with remote start the motor is cold.
There is some things I hate about this truck but there will be something I hate about everything. I really hate the dark interior. My fault. My cheeto dust shows.

1Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Fx4
I think the key benefits of the hybrid system is additional power and torque especially during acceleration and improved efficiency during deacceleration, coasting, going downhill, and when stopped. I've driven non-hybrid vehicles with auto start/stop, and don't like it, but auto start/stop with a hybrid is almost seamless. Maybe I'm just a little odd, but getting stuck in stop and go traffic and seeing your gas mileage go up is pretty cool.

You could also look up pulse and glide, which takes advantage of the benefits of hybrids. This link provides a pretty good description.

Save Fuel with Hybrid Vehicle Pulse & Glide
Yea, it's weird getting your best MPG in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
I'm frustrated that my pb reverts to normal driving mode when I start the truck again instead of staying where I had it when u shut it off. If I was driving in sport mode I find it in normal mode but with 4wd ingaged upon next start.
If the truck would stay in the drive mode I was in I could set it to mud, snow, tow. Anything that keeps the ice on at all times. That way when I do remote start in winter the engine woukd be warm.
Now with remote start the motor is cold.
There is some things I hate about this truck but there will be something I hate about everything. I really hate the dark interior. My fault. My cheeto dust shows.
My cabin warms up just fine in the winter with remote start? Engine runs until coolant hits around 140 and then will cycle off and on

RexTX

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang Shelby GT, 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
retired
I'd like to get my hands on one of these Powerboost trucks that aren't getting good gas mileage.
If you were in my neighborhood I'd swap with you for a week

RexTX

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang Shelby GT, 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
retired
Took delivery of my 2021 Lariat Powerboost in August 2021. Job 1 build. Pretty much anytime I look down at the trip averages, it’s right at 18mpg. I’ve never sniffed 24mpg.
My Job 1 XLT was also delivered in August 2021. MPG since new is 20.1. I regularly see "This Trip" results of 23 mpg, and sometimes as high as 24.5. This is mixed driving, home to shop, 30 miles each way.
Sponsored