Sponsored

How to repair Active Air dam?

Vin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My Ford dealer told me that since this was not an active Recall, I would be charged a Diagnostic fee as well as parts + labor. I have a 72 month bumper to bumper extended warranty that was purchased.
Wow. I guess your dealer only fixes "recalls" under warranty??? That's a new one. I thought that I had heard them all.
Sponsored

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
Wow. I guess your dealer only fixes "recalls" under warranty??? That's a new one. I thought that I had heard them all.
Sadly, this is definitely not a new ‘claim’ by a dealer. It sucks.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Where is @Ford Motor Company now? You are needed to tune-up one of your dealers about a proven issue with one of your trucks that is a warranty item.

simon

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 701a Antimatter Blue PB
My Ford dealer told me that since this was not an active Recall, I would be charged a Diagnostic fee as well as parts + labor. I have a 72 month bumper to bumper extended warranty that was purchased.
My ford dealer told me the exact same thing. One of the things I wanted them to fix was the rear sliding glass rattle with music on & send them the TSB, but they still refuse to do the repair. So frustrating.

Clew150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT RCSB
The air dam is the only warranty work I've had (outside of the insulation recall), and it went pretty easy. It was jammed up when I brought it in, so they could see it, and I also mentioned all the issues posted on this forum so they took care of it right away. I would have been pretty upset if they blew me off.
Mine did blow me off..... I couldnt prove it didnt get caught on something so they wouldnt fix it under warranty.

Sponsored

2022RedDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT Powerboost Egate Black
That doesn’t make sense. Contact Ford Corporate and let them know that.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
It makes no sense for a customer who owns a brand new <> 1 year old vehicle to be treated like that.

And the vehicle IS warranted bumper to bumper.
Tell that to Auto Nation Ford. They will say and do everything they possibly can to weasel out of warranty claims/work so they can attempt to charge the customer.

They tried to tell me that water leaks on a 9 month old truck with 3,500 miles on it were not covered and I would have to pay them $280 in "diagnostic" fees just to determine the source of the leak and then decide if it was actually a warranty issue or something I caused... Told them to shove their diagnostic fee up their ass and filed a complaint with Ford corporate.

Another member on here just posted up his sunroof track was damaged during build and Auto Nation Ford (exact same dealer I had issues with) struck again denying it as warranty because it wasn't discovered in the PDI. Truck is less than 2 months old.. So he took it to another dealership and they instantly jumped to repair it under warranty.

Last edited:
OP
OP

phyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost
I ended up just uninstalling the air dam completely. I wanted to keep it on, but no amount of heat gun massaging and reshaping could keep it clearing the front-most air dam.

Shame, as I am all for this aerodynamic feature...

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
OP
OP

phyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost

Sponsored

McGuyver

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra, Grand National
I have seen several that remove their air dams after lifting or just because they did not like the looks of it. Might be able to pick up one slightly used.

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management
I had mine fixed under warranty back in March, and it's been issue-free since then. They replaced the entire moving part with an updated one.
Hi jeffrt, I'm having issues with my air dam. Can you tell me what the updated part numbers are I can share them with my dealer? Thank you in advance!

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
Hi jeffrt, I'm having issues with my air dam. Can you tell me what the updated part numbers are I can share them with my dealer? Thank you in advance!
Sure thing. I'll check tonight to see if the part #'s are on my repair invoice.

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
Found my invoice, and I think it’s ML3Z 17626 F
I attached a pic too for you.
Good luck!
Ford F-150 How to repair Active Air dam? 9B22DB6C-BF2D-489B-8BD8-714EE02F725B
Sponsored